Jags this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jags this weekend

I look on a site 3 or 4 weeks ago that had the jags at 60-1 to win it all. you guys think they get blown out this weekend?
    "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

I dont know man I think they can win that game

PEACE

Comment

I Don't Think They Can Win Jmho
      jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

poor play calling poor qb play.

garrard doesnt make enough good decisions and doesnt have a big play receiver to go to. The only way they win is to control the clock, get better play calling from (meaning run the ball more)the offensive coordinator and tackle better. Is it impossible? no, is it unlikely.............yes.

Comment

I think they can punch the Pats in the mouth and control the clock.....if they dont turn the ball over they definitely can win this game.

2 keys in the NFL that will make you compete in every single game are stop the run and run the ball and the jags can do that and they should be able to put some pressure on T Brady....odds on winning to me are about a 30-35% and vegas has them at more about a 15%....I think the points are just way too much....if I had to play this game now I would def play the Jags and the OVER

PEACE

Comment

hows the weather for the game ? heavy wind could really change the dynamics of this game

Comment

same site has Jags at 10-1, and at the time, the pats were -250 to -195 now. This was a few weeks back and it has changed that much. Pats win this one big.
              "It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." -Mark Twain

Comment

Only team that has a chance to beat the Pats is a team with a strong defense to slow down that offense....Jags could pull it off but if not should cover at least IMO....
                SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Again biased but I believe NE win streak is in question- I certainly do not see them in the same lightas in the beginning of the season.
                  Jacksonville does have a solid defense but a weak secondary even with first round draft pick Nelson from Florida. We have to put a rush on and we may do just that!
                  Think of it 16-0 going into the playoffs to meet a tough Jax team and then presumably Indy at Home! Priceless Tix!

There is apparently little regard by the public on Jax- this plays well into the hands of Del Rio who has proven 14 points difference is a slap in the face- how many pro bowlers between the teams- slap in the face.
                  The teams that almost beat NE did not have a solid running game as the Jags do! Keep Brady off the field and grind down the clock!
                  Yeah that would be nice but maybe Del Rio wants to do what he did to Pitt in the first half (3 interceptions) and make Brady come back which he and team is more than capable of!
                  Either way Jax covers I believe!
                  "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

This is how I see this game turning out.... and yes I did get the Jags at 60-1 to win it all just because I felt the winner of the Super Bowl came from this matchup this weekend.

The Jaguars have the tight get in your face defense that you need to stop the Patriots. They will put pressure on Brady no matter how quickly he throws the ball. They will be able to cover Moss for the better part of the day as no one can cover him for a complete game... he is just that good. The Jags will also be able to slow down Wes Welker over the middle as he will take some hits when he goes across to make catches. They are not going to let him catch and run wild all over them.
                    While the Jags gave up 213 yards per game in the air over the course of the regular season, they also averaged 2 sacks per game. They recovered 15 fumbles and forced 20 interceptions over the regular season as well. They allow 39.8% conversions on 3rd down which they will need to cut down in order to win.

The main key to this game is how well Garrard can pass. It will be key to throw for something like 13 for 20 for about 160-180 yards in order to keep New England respectful on defense. If he can not put up numbers similar to that it will be very very hard for Jacksonville to run the ball. Garrard got a taste of what the postseason was like in perhaps the most hostile environment in the NFL outside of Oakland(when Oakland was good and fans cared more that is).

Scary facts about the Jags defense:
                    They have faced two good passing teams all year: Indy twice and New Orleans once. In New Orleans Brees threw for 445 yards in the Jags worst defensive game of the year. Peyton threw for 245 and 288. Vince Young even threw once for 240+ against this defense.

On a positive note: After having a bad outing against New Orleans, they held the next three opponents to 17 or less points . After the 2nd game against Indy, they held two of the next three teams to 11 points or less; the one little blurb being Pitt scoring 22 on them.

I think they have learned their lesson and a 2nd half collapse will not happen this week. The Jags have the players to overtake the mighty Patriots. I like a play on the Jags in the 1st half plus the points and ML. I also like them plus the points for the game. As for the game ML, I already have them at 60-1 to win it all and I forget how much to win the AFC so no need to play that.

GL Jaguars! Make me some money!!
                    NFL System - Year 1
                    Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
                    Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
                    Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
                    Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
                    Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
                    Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
                    Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
                    Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
                    Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
                    Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Jags pass defense is terrible...Brady should have a field day IMO....if Drew Brees and the shitty ass Saints can exploit it I am sure Brady and the Pats will have no trouble....

Comment

Really waiting to see how the weather is this weekend!
                        "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Spearit
                          Really waiting to see how the weather is this weekend!
                          Me 2....and same with Lambeau....

Comment

Holy Shit. The line is up to -13???

Last night it was up to -11.5 and it jumped 1.5 points. Wow ..... Everyone i see on here (For the most part) has been backing the Jags in this one. Hmmm ..... something fishy here!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                              Holy Shit. The line is up to -13???

Last night it was up to -11.5 and it jumped 1.5 points. Wow ..... Everyone i see on here (For the most part) has been backing the Jags in this one. Hmmm ..... something fishy here!

NEW ENGLAND 31-14

Comment

Working...
                              X