Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Play NFL Sunday

10* NYG +3
    Giants are 7-1 on road this year. Nobody on either side of the ball scares me for Tampa Bay and I think the Giants feel the same. Yet the Giants have numerous players who Tampa may be keying on including Brandon Jacobs, Plax, Osi and Strahan. Tampa has an experienced but tired defense who needed two weeks off. Their offense is led by a quarterback who in his ten year career hasnt won a playoff game other than when he played the Giants (so I feel they are due to stop him). Both teams strength of schedule arent the best but the Giants played in the second best division in the NFL while Tampa played in arguably the worst. Giants beat only one team with a winning record but they beat Philly twice which should be noted because had they lost one of those games they would have beaten two teams with a winning record, same amount as Tampa. Tampa also didnt play the last two weeks and I think thats a huge mistake. They are nowhere near the class of any team that can afford to take two weeks off and expect to pick up where they left off. Not even close. I believe that was a huge mistake by Gruden and the Giants should be able to run, run, run and pass only when they need.

Giants 23 Bucs 9

Best of luck to everyone.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

good luck with tha New York Football Giants, 3!

Comment

Talk about mistakes, Giants blew their wad in a meaningless game last weekend and didn't rest a single player..No shockey..Eli..No thanks but best of luck...Bucs will be rested and ready to go in front of the home crowd. I think Gruden will be the difference
      Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

How exactly do you know what the Giants blew and didnt blow? Do you know their team better than they do? Its a playoff game. What do you think they are tired because they played the Pats hard? So teams dont win consecutive games in the NFL because to do that it means they played too hard in the first game? Bucs may very well win this game, I dont deny that but to think it will be because the Giants played hard against the Patriots is absurd.

And as far as Shockey, they put up 35 against the number 1 scoring defense in the NFL without him last week I think. Didnt they?

I respect your opinion Eljugo and you very well may be totally right, making me totally wrong. But whats with all this rest/no rest stuff that everyone is talking about? They had a week to rest. Just like they did for the last 17 weeks. Seattle rested and they were losing and were without the ball with 6 minutes to play. That game could have gone either way and every single person on this forum knows that.

Guess I was just looking for a reason to take the Bucs other than rest, emotion and who the Giants played because I can counter all those arguements. What about talent? And yea, you make a good point about Gruden. Great coach, I agree. But I will stand by the fact that he made a mistake. And I believe Coughlin is a pretty good coach also.

Best of luck, ElJugo and everyone.
        "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

They showed all their top offensive stuff in getting those 35 points...I just feel like Gruden is one of the best and he's basically coaching this game off a Bye week, now he got to see even more with the exposure of their offense vs New England...The letdown angle in my opinion just comes from the fact they recieved more hype for the meaningless game at home than they will for a playoff game on the road. Last week everyone cared about NYG, now nobody does, it actually might help them though.I do agree with your statement about TB not having an individual that strikes concern but I'll take Jeff Garcia in the playoffs any day over Eli Manning...especially on the road in the playoffs. Should be a good game though, Good luck.
          Last edited by ELJUGO; 01-06-2008, 01:05 AM.
          Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Its funny how nothing in what you have said talks about the lack of consistency in Eli Mannings play throughout his career and how shitty he really can be.....you must not have watched any Giants games because Eli can single handedly (and has) lost games for this team....he can be so shitty some times its disgusting....and I have learned the hard way in the past putting my money on garabge Eli....especially on the road and in the playoffs in a hostile environment.....good luck with your play however.....
            Last edited by Chado1; 01-06-2008, 02:02 AM.
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

gl---thanks for the post

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Who are you guys to question his pick?

Comment

good luck

Comment

GLLLLLLLLL THE ONLY THING THAT SCARES ME IS ELI MANNING AND IF GIANTS DO LOSE U WATCH THE MEDIA TEARS UP GIANTS COACH FOR NOT RESTING THERE PLAYERS LAST WEEK,WITH A GAMEE THAT MEANT NOTHING TO THE GIANTS,BUT I DO AGREE THAT I DO NOT LIKE THE LOOKS OF THIS LINE I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN 6 OR 7 THAT why i just may play the total in this game
                    GLLLLLL TO YA BUT BECAREFUL ALSO I JUST REMEMBER THAT WAYNE IN HERE HAS A GOY PLAY AND HIS RECORD SPEAKS FOR IT SELF
                    GETER DONE PEACE
                    U GOT A HUNCH BET A BUNCH
                    THINK LONG THINK WRONG

ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                    BAMA BAMA BAMA

Comment

It doesnt talk about it Chad, because I, like you, dont have a crystal ball to tell me when he will play well and when he won't. But I do know that he isnt afraid to play on the road. I do know that he played well enough to take a much better than Tampa, Eagles team down to the 59th minute in the playoffs last year so if he didnt get intimidated in the playoff atmosphere of Philly, I doubt he will in Tampa. And I also know that Eli doesnt have to play great for the Giants to win. He has to manage the game. If he is put in the position to win the game for them, then he very well could fail, but its the Giants gameplan, with their superior talent, to keep him out of that position.

Comment

Good Luck!!!

Comment

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didnt look too much to me like the Giants were hung over from the Pats game. Also I thought Eli looked a heck of a lot more consistent than Garcia did. HMMMMMM. Go figure.

Comment

nice call 3eb, giants and eli looked good today

Comment

Congrats Ebs! All everyone wants to talk about is how bad Eli is. I will admit, he isn't great, he looks awful at times, but he is still very capable of very good games as evidenced today. He is an average NFL QB with a lot of weapons that give him a shot to be very good.
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
                              X