Clear All

• 3 team ML Parlay

WVA + 295
    Kansas +135
    Ohio Sate + 155

$50 to win $1,134

Worth a shot.

Advice really needed

I really need some advice from you guys please. I am going back and forth on this. Do I let it ride, or do I risk $510 to win $300. LSU ML is -170. This is my least favorite option.

My luck if I play LSU -3 1/2, they will win by 3, and I will be out both ways. I could wait to see if the ML drops, but that is also a big risk.

I have never had to make a wagering decision this big. My average bet is $50. I could even risk $85 to win back my original $50, then I won't be out anything except the sleep I have lost over this.

I value and respect the opinions of most of you guys here. I know ultimately, it is my call, but any opinions would be great.

Comment

This Is Gonna Sound Obvious, But If You Want To Ensure A Profit, Then Hedge (510 To Win 300), If You Really Need That $50 Back, Then Hedge The 85 To Win Back The 50, But If You Are Throwing 50 Bucks Around On Parlays Like That, Then I'm Willing To Bet That You Don't Need The Original 50. I Would Hedge...you Win 250 If Lsu Wins And 624 If Ohio State Wins. This Is My Favorite Option. Good Luck Whatever You Choose.
      Last edited by MarkLemke; 01-05-2008, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I say let it ride.

Just think, you will lose $50 for the excitment of 3 games and a chance to win $1100+

Or just play LSU ML -170 play $510 to win $300 so you would win either

$300 - $50 bet so $250

or

$1135 - $300ML LSU bet = +$835
        $

Comment

i say LSU -3, buy tha hook! JMO! but you like OSU to win!

Comment

Thanks guys, the $85 to win my $50 back was my wife's idea.
            Practical, but not fun.

I appreciate the response. I think I have covered all my options, but I just want to make sure I haven't missed one.

Beyond straight bets and parlays, I am clueless when it comes to other betting options like "if", "reverse", 'round robins. etc..

Thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by robby_morini
              Thanks guys, the $85 to win my $50 back was my wife's idea.
              Practical, but not fun.

I appreciate the response. I think I have covered all my options, but I just want to make sure I haven't missed one.

Beyond straight bets and parlays, I am clueless when it comes to other betting options like "if", "reverse", 'round robins. etc..

Thanks again
              I say hedge---wait till game time it may come down---you can not walk away with nothing here!!! To put up 85 just in case to break even is nothing!

Comment

Your almost there. Good luck to you.
                "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

if you are gonn hedge, hedge for half.

i'd let it roll, its only 50 bucks. or i'd wait till halftime where you might get a better hedge.

Comment

Originally posted by Watchtower76
                    I say let it ride.

Just think, you will lose $50 for the excitment of 3 games and a chance to win $1100+

Or just play LSU ML -170 play $510 to win $300 so you would win either

$300 - $50 bet so $250

or

$1135 - $300ML LSU bet = +$835
                    $
                    No he will lose more than the original 50.....winning those first 2 bets means he now has wagered whatever a 50 buck 2 teamer would have paid on OSU

PEACE

Comment

GO buy a buckeyes shirt and let it ride
                      Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                        if you are gonn hedge, hedge for half.

i'd let it roll, its only 50 bucks. or i'd wait till halftime where you might get a better hedge.
                        I see what you are saying Molta--but a halftime play may be worse if LSU is up by say 10 points---If it was me ML LSU would be the way to go but its not my cash!!

Comment

The way I just figured is that you already have $414 of the books money that has yet to show in your account.....That is money that you have ALREADY WON!!

Now by letting the play ride it is no longer 50 win 1100 or whatever you are risking 414 + 50 to win 1134 on Ohio St +155

You decide what you want to do but you risked 50 when you made that play and now you are risking 464 because you have already won 2 legs.....nice decision to make......if you want my advice and you say that you are a 50 dollar player than make a 595 wager on LSU to win 350 and that will still leave a decent amount for you to win with the Buckeyes

PEACE

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLemke
                            This Is Gonna Sound Obvious, But If You Want To Ensure A Profit, Then Hedge (510 To Win 300), If You Really Need That $50 Back, Then Hedge The 85 To Win Back The 50, But If You Are Throwing 50 Bucks Around On Parlays Like That, Then I'm Willing To Bet That You Don't Need The Original 50. I Would Hedge...you Win 250 If Lsu Wins And 624 If Ohio State Wins. This Is My Favorite Option. Good Luck Whatever You Choose.
                            This is the way 2 go...get some of that money for winning the first 2 legs and you still have more risked on OSU as the team you originally backed

PEACE

Comment

Thanks guys, I am gonna let it ride. If I get a favorable half time line, I will play it.

I never thought about a half time line, but thats why I posted the question. Believe me, it is rare that I play with the book's money, and I don't wanna screw this up. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X