Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Browns

Most of you already know this, but for those who don't:

The Cleveland Browns have nothing to play for. Whether or not they make the playoffs relies SOLELY on what the Titans do.

gl,
    dave

Thanks Dave, I prefer BB over FB!

Comment

S.F. is also starting the 4th string QB and Cleveland has NO Shot unless they win. I see some motivation in that, especially knowing Tenn. is on the road at Indy ... a game that shouldn't be easy no matter who plays!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        S.F. is also starting the 4th string QB and Cleveland has NO Shot unless they win. I see some motivation in that, especially knowing Tenn. is on the road at Indy ... a game that shouldn't be easy no matter who plays!
        Actually, it's not correct to say that Cleveland has no shot if they don't win. What they do tomorrow has no effect on their chanes of making the playoffs. Right now the teams are tied, but Cle is 7-5 in the AFC and Tenn is 6-5. A win by Tenn would take it to the next tiebreaker level, which Tenn wins. Since Cleveland is playing an NFC team, it's doesn't matter what they do, as right now Cleveland has the edge.

That being said, Crennel said he is going to play the starters. He wants to win 10 games and go 7-1 at home. I don't expect them to rest anyone unless they are up a ton.

You are right though, Wienke is starting for SF.
        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

That's what I thought too Wayne (that Cleveland has no shot unless they win). But, in a bit of an oddity, it makes no difference whether they win or lose. If Tenn wins, Browns are out. If Tenn loses, Browns are in. Wierd, but that's the way it stacks up for some odd reason.

dt

Comment

Originally posted by dave T
            That's what I thought too Wayne (that Cleveland has no shot unless they win). But, in a bit of an oddity, it makes no difference whether they win or lose. If Tenn wins, Browns are out. If Tenn loses, Browns are in. Wierd, but that's the way it stacks up for some odd reason.

dt
            I still see no reason not to play people and finish on a good note at home and in front of the home crowd. I think 10 Wins would be huge for the Browns and Chris Weinke is starting. I think Cleveland wins big!

Comment

Motivating the Browns

Thanks for the clarifcation...but they should be motivated with the playoffs as a possibility even though their game does not impact the payoffs.

Comment

I still see no reason not to play people and finish on a good note at home and in front of the home crowd. I think 10 Wins would be huge for the Browns and Chris Weinke is starting. I think Cleveland wins big!
                I agree. They need to stay in a winning mode. They're not like the Colts or Pats who are good enough to take a week off or rest people, or whatever, and then pick back up where they left off two weeks later. The Browns need to keep rolling and probably will.

dt

Comment

Wayne, you are right Weinke is not good...he's got the size and arm but too slow for this level. IMO

Comment

I was going to fire big on SF, but with Weinke no chance. I just dont think that the Browns have the defense to cover the big line, but with Weinke throwing 3 picks they do.
                    Check out all of my past picks at www.Byeweekpicks.com
                    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Byeweekpicks

2014 NFL Record: 36-30-1 (55%), +5.5 units

2013 NFL Record: 34-26-1 (57%)

2012 NFL Record: 41-30-2 (58%)
                    +9 units (1unit=6% of bankroll)

2011 NFL record: 34-25-2 (58%)
                    +3.4 units

2010 NFL Record: 29-16-2 (64%)
                    +15.1 units

2009 NFL Record: 37-24-4 (61%)
                    +16.3 units

2008 NFL Record: 39-24-3 (62%)
                    +16.8 Units

2007 NFL Record: 42-27-2 (61%)
                    +14.7 Units

Comment

The Browns are going to play loose and let it all hang out and have fun Besides does SF really want to spend the day before New Years Eve in Cleveland

Comment

I am all over the Clevelan Browns today....one of my top picks......kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                        X