Last Week in the NFL Discussion!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Week in the NFL Discussion!!!

So whats the deal with the Wild Cards here fellas?

So even if the Browns win and Tennesse wins the Titans are in?

And whats the deal with the Skins, Saints, and Vikings?

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

right chado, the browns have nothing to play for. It has no bearing if they win or lose, they need Tenn to lose because of conference records.
    Check out all of my past picks at www.Byeweekpicks.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Byeweekpicks

2014 NFL Record: 36-30-1 (55%), +5.5 units

2013 NFL Record: 34-26-1 (57%)

2012 NFL Record: 41-30-2 (58%)
    +9 units (1unit=6% of bankroll)

2011 NFL record: 34-25-2 (58%)
    +3.4 units

2010 NFL Record: 29-16-2 (64%)
    +15.1 units

2009 NFL Record: 37-24-4 (61%)
    +16.3 units

2008 NFL Record: 39-24-3 (62%)
    +16.8 Units

2007 NFL Record: 42-27-2 (61%)
    +14.7 Units

Comment

Originally posted by roccodean
      right chado, the browns have nothing to play for. It has no bearing if they win or lose, they need Tenn to lose because of conference records.
      I see....so even though the Browns and Titans will have the same record....what is the determining tie breaker between the two?

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
        So whats the deal with the Wild Cards here fellas?

So even if the Browns win and Tennesse wins the Titans are in?

And whats the deal with the Skins, Saints, and Vikings?

Skins win and they're in. If Skins, Vikes, and Saints all lose, Skins still get in. If Skins lose and Vikes win they are in and Saints are out. If Saints win and Vikes and Skins lose they are in. Basically Saints are the longest shot.

I'll be at the Skins game Sunday. Can't wait! Nothing would be better than to see them get in by beating Dallas! (even if it is against their backups most of the game )

Comment

Originally posted by hokie99
          Skins win and they're in. If Skins, Vikes, and Saints all lose, Skins still get in. If Skins lose and Vikes win they are in and Saints are out. If Saints win and Vikes and Skins lose they are in. Basically Saints are the longest shot.

I'll be at the Skins game Sunday. Can't wait! Nothing would be better than to see them get in by beating Dallas! (even if it is against their backups most of the game )
          Thanks for the explanation...was exactly what I was looking for....

So why do the Titans have the upper hand? What is the tie breaker between the Browns and Titans?

PS - are you a Skins season ticket holder?

Comment

Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable.

2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four.

4. Strength of victory.

these are the tiebreakers for wild card different division...they will have the same conference record with a TENN win so either 3 or 4 applies

Comment

Thanks for the explanation...was exactly what I was looking for....

So why do the Titans have the upper hand? What is the tie breaker between the Browns and Titans?

PS - are you a Skins season ticket holder?
              The Titans/Browns scenario is a little trickier (other than win and in for the Titans.) I think that its all based on conference record and common opponents. I haven't seen a good explanation for this so if I'm wrong someone please correct me. I did some digging (too much free time at work today) as it stands, the Browns are 7-5 in conference and the Titans are 6-5 in conference. So the game for the Browns is meaningless because its against the NFC. A win for Tennessee puts them at 7-5 in conference which would tie them up with the Browns on record vs AFC. However vs common opponents (Cincy, Oakland, Houston, NYJ) Browns are 3-2 and Titans are 4-1. So I believe that's where the tie breaker lies...

And I'm not a Skins season ticket holder. I just got tickets through friends and family to a couple games this season. I actually hate Fedex Field and normally wouldn't bother going out there since its a pain to get to and about an hour from where I live. But since I was offered tix and its Dallas with playoffs on the line I couldn't turn it down!

Comment

By common games that means who beat similar opponents? Little confused by this part of the tie beaker sysytem?

Comment

Titans win their in, Titans lose, Browns are in, that simple.

Skins are def. going to win and I think they cover as well. Say hello to Brad Johnson for 4 quarters. TO is out, they will be resting everyone.

Comment

By common games that means who beat similar opponents? Little confused by this part of the tie beaker sysytem?
                    Yep its the teams they both played. See my explanation above. Hope that makes sense.

Comment

Working...
                    X