What a year - Did you profit? Ideas on beating Vegas in 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a year - Did you profit? Ideas on beating Vegas in 2008

This year was pretty strange overall but maybe some ideas from the BC crew may help us all. Maybe a new strategy is in order and so I address this to the "Might of this Site"

Did I profit- Well the majority of us did not profit- no matter what medication we were on. I did well in bases but blew up towards the end and the beginning was nothing as well. College football was aound 55% and I did well on NFL 60% of the time. I could go on but hoops and Hockey and soccer brought little to say about. My 10* (72%) plays was my true lifesaver but I would tend to play action plays for the same amount and that is just plain foolish and must be addressed!

The biggest snafu of the season again was the ACTION BETS (where you just want some action for the sake of action) opposed to well thought out plays or being on a solid cappers mighty play (GOY, etc) or its snowing and the field is unplayable- I am going with the Under play- or Hostetler is injured and won't play!

I tend to equalize (place my bets from 50 to 300 most of the time) the action with the better percentage plays and this has cost me greatly over the realm of betting.

Money management does not include bonehead action plays to overall win. Bonehead plays seem to make you spiral into the depths of 'Fuck I want no more of this' until the next day when Wayne or somebody has a nice GOY- then the race is on again. So with your "meager amount in the account" - you play the GOY and then hoping to get back to where you were- you throw it all on an action play because the money you just got was just not enuff!

This is where Vegas gets us and is my TOP Priority for 2008 to somehow overcome these action plays with a reminder at my computer to address the play with some questions that may remind us of our folly at times- Our true gambling nature that is erroneous and may pronounce us as a real loser (only speaking to those that are qualified)
    (Can and Will you add to these questions?)

1) Does the play have a consistent tone with stats, trends, systems, injuries, variables to conclude that this is a higher percentage play than the opposing team playing or total that is posted.

2) Are you playing this pick on the halftime or for game or total due to your interpretation that it will be that way.
    If so stop now if you have been on a losing streak!!! Otherwise 50 and no more!
    If senses are stable and you have felt comfortable

3) You add one!
    Last edited by Spearit; 12-26-2007, 08:31 AM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Originally posted by Spearit
    This year was pretty strange overall but maybe some ideas from the BC crew may help us all. Maybe a new strategy is in order and so I address this to the "Might of this Site"

Did I profit- Well the majority of us did not profit- no matter what medication we were on. I did well in bases but blew up towards the end and the beginning was nothing as well. College football was aound 55% and I did well on NFL 60% of the time. I could go on but hoops and Hockey and soccer brought little to say about. My 10* (72%) plays was my true lifesaver but I would tend to play action plays for the same amount and that is just plain foolish and must be addressed!

The biggest snafu of the season again was the ACTION BETS (where you just want some action for the sake of action) opposed to well thought out plays or being on a solid cappers mighty play (GOY, etc) or its snowing and the field is unplayable- I am going with the Under play- or Hostetler is injured and won't play!

I tend to equalize (place my bets from 50 to 300 most of the time) the action with the better percentage plays and this has cost me greatly over the realm of betting.

Money management does not include bonehead action plays to overall win. Bonehead plays seem to make you spiral into the depths of 'Fuck I want no more of this' until the next day when Wayne or somebody has a nice GOY- then the race is on again. So with your "meager amount in the account" - you play the GOY and then hoping to get back to where you were- you throw it all on an action play because the money you just got was just not enuff!

This is where Vegas gets us and is my TOP Priority for 2008 to somehow overcome these action plays with a reminder at my computer to address the play with some questions that may remind us of our folly at times- Our true gambling nature that is erroneous and may pronounce us as a real loser (only speaking to those that are qualified)
    (Can and Will you add to these questions?)

1) Does the play have a consistent tone with stats, trends, systems, injuries, variables to conclude that this is a higher percentage play than the opposing team playing or total that is posted.

2) Are you playing this pick on the halftime or for game or total due to your interpretation that it will be that way.
    If so stop now if you have been on a losing streak!!! Otherwise 50 and no more!
    If senses are stable and you have felt comfortable

3) You add one!
    BROTHER SPEAR-I HAVE BEEN BETTING FOR 30 YEARS-I STILL PLAY ACTION PLAYS,BUT MAINLY IN THE 15 DOLLLAR TO 30 BUCK RANGE,JUST TRY CUTTING THEM BACK TO THE BAREBONES LEVEL-I HAVE SURVIVED DOING THIS-I LOVE ACTION PS-ONE MOTTO FROM AN OLETIMER-NEVER CHASE-IF YOUR BIG BET IS LOOKING BAD,DO NOT FIRE IT AGAIN SECOND HALF OR MAKE UP A NEW BET TO COVER IT,WAIT PATIENTLY FOR A BETTER SPOT,JUST LIKE YOU WOULD IN POKER,WHERE THE ODDS ARE MORE IN YOUR FAVOR-LATER EVERYONE-HAPPY NEW YEARS !! !! !!
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

The best way is to just BOOk

Comment

Originally posted by spreadman
        The best way is to just BOOk
        no shit spreadman !!

Comment

spear,i think this is a great topic,wish some more old-timers would throw in their thoughts for beating the man !!
          Last edited by WayneChung; 12-26-2007, 02:58 PM.

Comment

i did make a profit in baseball and footbaal but i will probably will blow it away on the nba

Comment

I admit it - I am also an action junkie, and I bet that most of us on this site all have a little bit of that in us. I agree with WayneChung - the best thing is to scale back those types of plays....just decide what your top bet is for the GOY's etc. and make your action bets about 1/10 of that.

Comment

Play just the sports you're good at.....

I do real well in CBB, CFB, and MLB....

I lose a big portion of it back in NBA and NFL.......

Don't pick a dog + 24 cause you think they can keep it close, take dogs of around +9 or less, that you think can win outright.....

You lose on the early ones, take it in stride, don't chase....Tomorrows another day.........

Action---don't play to just play---even smal amts can add up....If you have to have a wager to enjoy the game, then you have the beginning of a problem....

Line out your plays, be cautious of Add ons, I have noticed that many of my add ons, and some good cappers here add ons also, tend to be losers....If it wasn't a play at first look, what made it a play later....don't be swayed by others......

Consistency, discipline, and like a boxer, picking your spots, is the way to go.........IMO

Thanks -- once again Spearit........kapt
                Last edited by Kaptain; 12-26-2007, 06:42 PM.

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                X