A Giant profit: Fans selling tickets to Pats game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Giant profit: Fans selling tickets to Pats game

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The chance to watch the Giants try to mar the Patriots perfect season isn't drawing many Big Blue fans to the stadium this Saturday.

Many New York Giants fans are selling their tickets to the game to New England Patriots fans who want to see quarterback Tom Brady and his teammates go for a 16-0 record in their final regular-season game.

Internet auction sites that allow customers to buy and sell sports tickets have seen a surge in ticket sales for the game by Giants fans, The Star-Ledger of Newark reported for Tuesday's newspapers.

"It looks like it's on pace to be one of our top 25 events for all time. It's definitely one of our hot sellers," Joellen Ferrer, a spokesman for Internet auction site StubHub, which specializes in tickets for events, told the newspaper. "Although it's meaningless to the Giants, it's still going to be a great game to watch."

In the first 24 hours after the Giants beat the Bills, more than 200 Giants ticket holders put their seats up for bid on the auction site, eBay.

As of Monday, about 3,000 tickets were available for purchase on StubHub

Tickets on StubHub have gone for as much as $1,600 apiece, Ferrer said.

If the Patriots win, they would become the first NFL team to go undefeated during the regular season since the Miami Dolphins finished the 1972 season with a 14-0 record.

Looks like a lot of them are bettors. If Giants lost they would have kept the tickets as they would need the win.

Comment

this ticket is nowhere near as 'big' as they would lead you to believe.

Comment

Giants fans are a bunch of flakes if they sell their tickets.....(cough, cough, 3J, cough, cough)

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
          Giants fans are a bunch of flakes if they sell their tickets.....(cough, cough, 3J, cough, cough)

Blow me!!!

The only reason why I sold my 2 tix is because I am still going with my best friend, who has 4 seasons. So I sold mine for $1200 the end of last week.

Although, I have to admit, for $1200 I probably would have sold mine anyway without being able to go, only because it means nothing to the G-men. If they had to win to get in, I wouldn't sell them.

$1200 almost pays for next years tix! ($1500)
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
            Blow me!!!

The only reason why I sold my 2 tix is because I am still going with my best friend, who has 4 seasons. So I sold mine for $1200 the end of last week.

Although, I have to admit, for $1200 I probably would have sold mine anyway without being able to go, only because it means nothing to the G-men. If they had to win to get in, I wouldn't sell them.

$1200 almost pays for next years tix! ($1500)

Some fan you are
            Questions, comments, complaints:
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
              Some fan you are
              I knew you would add you $.02, if you even want to call it that!!!
              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

you gonna be sporting your New England gear to the game
                [email protected]

Comment

if it was me, i would put the tickets in my ass crack right before i gave them to the Pat fan
                  [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
                    if it was me, i would put the tickets in my ass crack right before i gave them to the Pat fan
                    Classic! Takes me back to spitting on my hand in little league before shaking the other teams hands when we lost and wearing my batting glove when we won
                    Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Working...
                    X