Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crimanole Nation Is Getting Blasted! I LOVE IT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crimanole Nation Is Getting Blasted! I LOVE IT!!!

Scandal, rule violations, injuries deplete Florida State bowl roster
    Associated Press

Updated: December 22, 2007, 12:46 PM ET
    Comment
    Email
    Print
    TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Thirty-four Florida State players won't be going to the Dec. 31 Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl against Kentucky because of an academic cheating scandal, other violations of team rules or injuries.

Linebacker Dekoda Watson, cornerback Patrick Robinson, who had six interceptions, and three top defensive tackles were among the players sidelined either as a result of the ongoing investigation into an academic cheating scandal at the school or some other violation of team rules.

"It is very important that the media make clear that those missing the bowl trip are not included because of either injury or for a violation of team policy," associate athletic director Rob Wilson said in a statement accompanying the travel list. "It would be irresponsible to imply or state that any or all of the student-athletes will miss the trip for one particular reason."

Junior quarterback Xavier Lee, who started three games for the Seminoles, was among offensive players not traveling. The offensive line was also hit hard with tackle Caz Piurowski, offensive tackle Damon Rose and guard Jackie Claude not making the trip.

A violation of team rules could range from poor class attendance to a run-in with the law or failing a drug test, among many other things.

And while the school usually has a couple of casualties after the first semester, never has a Bobby Bowden-coached team limped off to postseason play without this many players.

"You have 22 positions out there and some you'd be more concerned about than others," Bowden said following Friday's practice. "I think we've gotten everything we could out of it."

Thirteen of the names missing from the travel list had started games this season for Florida State. Nine of the players were non-scholarship athletes.

Meanwhile, former Florida State athletic director David Hart Jr. rebutted part of Florida State President T.K. Wetherell's statement Friday that could have implied that the scandal led to Hart's leaving the university a year before his contract expired.

"There's no connection there," Hart said Saturday. "I can assure you that my separation from Florida State had absolutely nothing to do with this current review of academic misconduct. To even suggest otherwise would be irresponsible."

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

34 Players Wow
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Originally posted by tech fan
      34 Players Wow
      Yup! Cheating bastards should just forfeit.. I hope Kentucky blasts that ass! All Hail To Coach Bowden!!!

Comment

i dont think your program is much better, u guys lead the nation is police blogs and murders!!!!!!
        jordanrules..................

Comment

Here is what makes me scratch my head.

FSU players get shoes and other apparel from a shoe outlet => huge story and the university gets placed on probation.
          Player at USC gets THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars worth of gifts and other arrangements from an agent => University does not get a glove layed on them.
          Lots of players at UF get LOTS and LOTS of cash from agents (Tank Black) => University does not get a glove layed on them.
          Athletes at FSU get caught cheating on an on-line course => huge story and the university still has to wait to see if the NCAA is satisfied with our blood-letting.

Comment

Originally posted by spreadman
            Here is what makes me scratch my head.

FSU players get shoes and other apparel from a shoe outlet => huge story and the university gets placed on probation.
            Player at USC gets THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars worth of gifts and other arrangements from an agent => University does not get a glove layed on them.
            Lots of players at UF get LOTS and LOTS of cash from agents (Tank Black) => University does not get a glove layed on them.
            Athletes at FSU get caught cheating on an on-line course => huge story and the university still has to wait to see if the NCAA is satisfied with our blood-letting.
            good statement.....makes u wonder!!!!!!!!!1
            jordanrules..................

Comment

Make dat 36 players now for the Crimanole nation and Jordan.. WTF does cheating with a on line course have to do with murder?? Dude do you really have a clue? Was it Pata's fault that he got shot by a drive by?

Comment

u

Originally posted by TMAC951
                Yup! Cheating bastards should just forfeit.. I hope Kentucky blasts that ass! All Hail To Coach Bowden!!!
                have a lot of room to talk- Uof Miajami home of thug nation-biggest piece of chit program in the history of college football-DUMB FUK

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Presidents
                  have a lot of room to talk- Uof Miajami home of thug nation-biggest piece of chit program in the history of college football-DUMB FUK
                  Yeah ok.. that biggest piece of shit program in the history of college football beat your team this year didnt we?? DUMB FUK

Comment

Working...
                  X