Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Williams Suspended A Game!

Maybe he will learn now....

NEW YORK -- Dallas Cowboys safety Roy Williams was suspended without pay for one game Monday by the NFL after his third illegal "horse collar" tackle of the season.

Williams, whose use of the tactic led to the league passing a rule making it a 15-yard penalty, did it against Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb in Sunday's 10-6 loss. He will miss Saturday night's game at Carolina.

Grabbing the inside collar of the back of the shoulder pads or jersey, or the inside collar of the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, and immediately pulling down a runner brings a 15-yard personal foul.

This was the fourth violation of the rule by Williams in the past two seasons. Williams was fined $12,500 for such a tackle against Chicago on Sept. 23, and $15,000 for the same violation against Buffalo on Oct. 8. He received a $10,000 fine for a "horse collar" tackle against the New York Giants on Oct. 23, 2006.
    Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Maybe the Cowboys will put someone in who can cover the pass now!

Comment

It's about time! I was watching the game on Sunday. After another horse collar I was wondering what actions the league is going to take.

Comment

It's about time.

signed,
        Keyshawn Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
          It's about time! I was watching the game on Sunday. After another horse collar I was wondering what actions the league is going to take.

YEAH REALLY AND WAS ON THE QUARTERBACK TO MAKE THINGS WORSE
          MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
          HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
          0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Working...
          X