Giants sign Rowand for five years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giants sign Rowand for five years

The Giants and Aaron Rowand have reportedly agreed to terms on a five-year contract.

Pretty good signing since he's finally hitting his stride as a hitter and is ballsy and fearless in center. Plus he automatically lowers the avg age of that horrible dinosaur lineup.

Comment

Being a Giants fan, I'm pissed. Rowand has a career year and we sign him for 5 years. He won't hit 20 homeruns at Pac Bell.

Comment

Thanks for the info...without knowing this I dont think I could have slept well tonight....you see.....with the baseball season starting in 4 months from now I have trouble sleeping every night in full anticipation!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
          Being a Giants fan, I'm pissed. Rowand has a career year and we sign him for 5 years. He won't hit 20 homeruns at Pac Bell.
          I also agree as a fellow Giants fan. Based on Zito's contract, they're porbably paying this guy 15 mill a year.
          WE SPEAK YOUR NAMES

Comment

OK next up is dumping old man vizquel and his toothpick bat, and old man dave roberts...shit throw durham in there too, I love the savvy vets but it's time for our youth movement...
            Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

I agree about the dingers, but we need a guy like this on our team..Barry made everyone "soft" IMO, Rowand is the hardhat type that we've been lacking since Jeff Kent left...vizquel brings that a little but his stick doesnt cut it.
              Great Day To Win

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Originally posted by reeserich
                I also agree as a fellow Giants fan. Based on Zito's contract, they're porbably paying this guy 15 mill a year.
                They said around 12 million a year. He steals no bags, and before this year averaged about 12 homeruns a season, what's he gonna hit at Pac Bell. We're screwed

Comment

Why weren't the Phillies eager to resign him? Pricetag? Who replaces him?
                  Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by ELJUGO
                    I agree about the dingers, but we need a guy like this on our team..Barry made everyone "soft" IMO, Rowand is the hardhat type that we've been lacking since Jeff Kent left...vizquel brings that a little but his stick doesnt cut it.
                    I hope your right, but if I had to guess his stats, I would say they'll be about the same as Randy Winn

Comment

They said around 12 million a year. He steals no bags, and before this year averaged about 12 homeruns a season, what's he gonna hit at Pac Bell. We're screwed
                      Are you kidding?? 12 mill for Aaron Rowand? Sabean has got to go. Get ready for $20 beers at Pac Bell this year.
                      WE SPEAK YOUR NAMES

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                        Thanks for the info...without knowing this I dont think I could have slept well tonight....you see.....with the baseball season starting in 4 months from now I have trouble sleeping every night in full anticipation!!!

Sorry, Chad...pitchers and cathcers report in 9 weeks!!!
                        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by reeserich
                          Are you kidding?? 12 mill for Aaron Rowand? Sabean has got to go. Get ready for $20 beers at Pac Bell this year.
                          Isn't that crazy? I thought Hunter was overpaid, but Rowand?

Comment

I hope your right, but if I had to guess his stats, I would say they'll be about the same as Randy Winn
                            Agreed...I'd add about 5 jacks to Winn's total...I like them 1,2. Winn is the only guy who consistantly hits 300 on this team.
                            Great Day To Win

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Randy Winn hit .300 with 14 homeruns and 15 SB's, that's about what I would project for Rowand at Pac Bell.

Comment

Working...
                              X