No announcement yet.

Wow...how bad is the Michigan program??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow...how bad is the Michigan program??

Two days after flirting with the Michigan job, Rutgers coach Greg Schiano has decided he will stay in New Jersey.

"I was contacted earlier this week about the Michigan coaching vacancy, but I have decided to remove my name from consideration," Schiano said in a statement released by the university Friday. "I look forward to our third straight bowl game and to bringing a national championship to Rutgers and the state of New Jersey.

"I will have no further comment."

Schiano, 41, spoke with Michigan athletic director Bill Martin on Wednesday in New York about his vacancy but decided not to pursue it any further. Schiano spurned an opportunity after last season to coach at the University of Miami.

Where Michigan turns now is unknown. Presumed leading candidate Les Miles of LSU signed a new contract on Thursday to stay in Baton Rouge.

Coach Lloyd Carr announced his retirement Nov. 19, two days after Michigan completed an 8-4 regular season.

Schiano, the Big East Coach of the Year in 2006, is 37-46 in seven seasons as Scarlet Knights coach. Rutgers will play Ball State in the International Bowl on Jan. 6.

I think the problem is with the Michigan coaching staff.I think Carr made sure they were all signed to 2 yr extensions,so alot of these coaches are turning it down because they won't be able to bring any of there staff with them.

Comment

I heard that Michigan is cheap and wont cut a big enough check for a premier coach
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
        I heard that Michigan is cheap and wont cut a big enough check for a premier coach
        You don't think Les Miles and Schiano aren't premier coaches?

Schiano might be the best up and comer coach in the nation right now....and he's turning down a job that most consider to be a step up.

I think this speaks VOLUMES to how this football program is viewed in the next few years.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRook
          You don't think Les Miles and Schiano aren't premier coaches?

Schiano might be the best up and comer coach in the nation right now....and he's turning down a job that most consider to be a step up.

I think this speaks VOLUMES to how this football program is viewed in the next few years.

Yeah i think they are great coaches, i think they offered them 1.5 mill and those 2 said fuck off.

It was on the radio yesterday, they thought les miles should take less than lsu was offering because he is a Michigan man.

I bet they offered Schiano = money so why should he leave Rutgers.

I heard on the radio that michigan is cheap.
          [email protected]

Comment

think about it - schiano would rather stay with rutgers, in the "smells like a fart" state of new jersey instead of taking over one of the alleged biggest programs in all of collegiate sports! I love seeing this - the big 10 has been overrated forever, just look at the lines - their top 4 teams are all underdogs in their bowl games

hey michigan fan - let me look up the number of the app state coach - maybe he's available!

Comment

So who's left?Nobody really in the NFL to take over the job.Paul Johnson just signed with Tech and all the other guys seem to be staying put.I agree Rook,not good for Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by drugstuntman
                think about it - schiano would rather stay with rutgers, in the "smells like a fart" state of new jersey instead of taking over one of the alleged biggest programs in all of collegiate sports! I love seeing this - the big 10 has been overrated forever, just look at the lines - their top 4 teams are all underdogs in their bowl games

hey michigan fan - let me look up the number of the app state coach - maybe he's available!
                Schiano stayed at Rutgers because Paterno might be in his last year.Penn State is his dream job.

Comment

Michigan needs to open up the checkbook. If they think someone is going to come in "just cause it's Michigan" they're completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                    Michigan needs to open up the checkbook. If they think someone is going to come in "just cause it's Michigan" they're completely wrong.
                    Yep. Someone may have posted this stat already...I heard it on the Sports Animal yesterday, KB. In 1999 there were 5 college football coaches making a mil or more. Now there are 50. When the dude at 6-6 Iowa makes more than 3 million, you're not gonna get a big-name coach to move without BIG $$$, even if it is Michigan. Same thing is true for UCLA.

Comment

Not as bad at Notre Dame!

they think they don't have to pay a good coach great money just because they are Michigan...that's why those coaches have turned down the job.
                      It's always noon somewhere!

My Fish and Aquariums

Griffey's Posted Record

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

Thats what i was trying to say. Cheap bastages, just cause it is Michigan, they aint comming
                        [email protected]

Comment

I heard that cat from Louisville would take the Michigan job.

I think his name is Kragthorpe
                          [email protected]

Comment

i heard pitrno might want the job..................he said he cant go back to louisville because he feels threating by jc
                            rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

This is the same thing Notre Dame did to Urban Meyer. They lowballed his offer because they felt he should be honored to be offered the job and he ended up winning a NC with Florida.

ND ends up settling for less than their first choice and look where they are now.
                              Every
                              Villain
                              Is
                              Lemons

Comment

Working...
                              X