Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthem Skipped Before Monday Night Game

Anthem Skipped Before Monday Night Game

PITTSBURGH (AP) - Sports in America start with the national anthem. The Dolphins- Steelers game was an exception. Rushing to begin the nationally televised matchup following a 25- minute weather delay, the NFL chose to skip the anthem Monday night before Miami played Pittsburgh. The game started without any of the traditional pregame ceremonies, except the coin toss, and neither team was introduced on the public address system.

According to the Steelers, the NFL wanted the game to begin as soon as possible following the delay. Several more minutes would have been needed to set up a microphone and sound equipment at midfield, where the anthem is traditionally performed at Steelers games.

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I am shocked that they even played the game with those field conditions. I know the NFL didn't like the "ugly" look of the game, but I think there were many who were still entertained by the slop ball.

Comment

Originally posted by tonynico
        I am shocked that they even played the game with those field conditions. I know the NFL didn't like the "ugly" look of the game, but I think there were many who were still entertained by the slop ball.
        Yea should have known that the under was the lock of the century after the weather was SO BAD that they had to delay the kickoff...
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

How in the world would anyone think that any team in those conditions could cover 2 td's? I know hindsight is 20/20, but that was one of the sloppiest field conditions I have ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
            Yea should have known that the under was the lock of the century after the weather was SO BAD that they had to delay the kickoff...

Shit, I was busy and posted early in the day on the over. I have seen too many games like that that go over due to turnovers, defense cant cut with the receivers etc. But those conditions were so bad, vegas should have pulled the total off the board.

Killed em in baskets to make up for the my worst total bet of the year.
            NBA is a joke

Comment

Working...
            X