Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series Odds on Red Sox

Sox are 7-1 to win the Series.
    I just played it for all what I intend to win after I win over bet on 92 wins for the season for the BoSox,as the latter seems a certainty now ; also barring total collapse and with Seattle's loss tonight and rough schedule the rest of the way compared to Red Sox , the Sox should get in as wildcard.
    Maybe this will be the year (after 85 years of waiting and 51 for me personally).

i think its a solid bet

i have a strange feeling they will do it Savage :D

Comment

Lets hope so, Nut.
      I have been excited before by previous sox teams, but based on the attitude of what I have seen during the season and fact they are not in awe of Yankees or anyone for that matter, I have a strong feeling that they will make a real run of it.
      Obviously, pitching will have to be be at least respectable(especially the bullpen) to give them a chance when they don't score a lot of runs.
      You had a lot of insight into betting Anaheim last year, and all things considered, this Sox team at least on paper is stronger than the Angels of last year.
      I really feel that if they play and defeat NY or anyone in second round, the impetus will carry them by the Braves or SF;don't get me wrong those teams are real good especially the braves, BUT lets face it Braves haven't exactly shined in the post season in the last 10 years.
      Anyways, as they say make your wager early as I am sure odds will drop somewhat once Sox actually clinch a playoff spot.
      Ask your East Coast buddy what he thinks of Sox chances this year.
      Later

Comment

Savage

its funny you mention that, BUT I FEEL EXACTLY HOW I FELT LAST YEAR!!!

i was telling my friends that Anaheim would surprise people last year, and they told me to go to bed

i have this screwed up feeling again, and i just dont see the REDSOX going down to anyone!!!

Comment

Nut-pitching has to be respectable especially bullpen.
          I shudder when I think of game but wimpy Kim facing Jeter, Giambi, Posada,etc in the ninth inning of a tie game;hopefully they will hit enough so importance of bullpen is dimininshed.

Comment

savage, 48 years for me...What do you guys think the national tv ratings would be for a Red Sox/Cubbies series?
            You might see a stros/Sox series that would be interesting regionaly with Jimy Williams mgr.
            They have to get past Oakland pitching...White Sox are also danerous with the 3 pitchers they have,.

Comment

Patriot- 48 years of following Sox-wow;I thought there was no one even close to me in years of following these guys.
              Sox-Cubs WS-possible but doubt it;something tells me Atl.of SF will get there.
              I agree with you on White Sox;let Twins get there(with 7 games remaining with The Kittens of Detroit, they should prevail). Well, if Chicago can sweep Twins here, they have a shot.
              The bad news is Minn. lost every game and was pounded in every game by Yankees(0-6).
              On the other hand, wouldn't it be nice to actually beat NY in a playoff series?
              Last edited by savage1; 09-16-2003, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I WANT TO SEE

RED SOX VS YANKEES:D

Comment

I ALSO HAVE A FEELING.....

I GOT THE RED SOX IN THE BEGINNING OF THE SEASON AT 14/1. THEY HAVE THEIR 2 PITCHERS AND IF SUPPAN COMES AROUND THATS WHAT IT TAKES. IVE BECOME A MAJOR FAN. WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE CUBS & RED SOX.....
                  "My desire to be well informed is currently at odds with my desire to remain sane"

Comment

PEDRO
                    PEDRO
                    PEDRO
                    PEDRO

WE NEED YOU PEDRO

Comment

Where I live in western Mass. you are either a Red Sox or Yankee fan;thus it is great when they play each other.
                      Needless to say from my point of view Sox have got shit end of stick many more times than not over the many years I have followed them when they square off especially in big games.

Comment

savage, 38 years a fan.Went to my first Sox game in'65 against the Washington Senators on a Saturday afternoon when i was 10.15000 fans on a Sat afternoon in May,big Frank Howard playing 1st for Washinton...Sox lost 4-3...2 years later they had the greatest year in their history.

Comment

Patriot-I misundestood you in previous post as you said 48 years(that must be your age).
                          I have been a fan since 1952(I was 8) and in first game saw Mel Parnell shut out pitiful Tigers 5-0(Tigers were bad back then too but much better than this year's losers), and to make things better Mel hit a triple off the wall.
                          1967-never forget it. Yaz was so great and almost singlehandedly led them the last 2 weeks.

Comment

just watched "the curse of the bambino" last night on HBO. might wanna start carrying a rabbits foot or start chanting now. something bound to happen to the poor sox!!!!!!!!!! heres hoping the babe will show some mercy on the diehard sox fans. they deserve much better. GOOD LUCK!!!!!! I'd like to see em win it all.

Comment

I'm trying to get a book

That will let me bet AGAINST the Red Sox and Cubs right now. What a LOCK!!!!!!
                              Please don't question my record or I will leave!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X