Rook's GOY for Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rook's GOY for Saturday

Gonna take this now while the line is still retarded.

Clemson -2 over South Carolina

Ah, the big game here in the Palmetto State. It's not Michigan/Ohio State....it's not Army/Navy, but down here its pretty damn close.

This series has been dominated by the Tigers who have won the last 8 of 10.

I cannot stress this point enough....this is not a let down game for Clemson. When you have the chance to avenge a defeat from your rival from last year and in all likelyhood prevent them from going to a bowl game this year, there shoudn't be much motivation needed

Well, here's some more....Tommy Bowden is back on the hot seat. Pretty funny considering he was one quarter away from playing for an ACC Championship, but that's where he stands yet again as he needs to beat South Carolina and win the bowl game to really secure his job. The good ole boys here long for Danny Ford.

When you break down the game, the biggest advantage for me will be the running game. It's not a shock that that's where Clemson is going to focus. South Carolina had a bye week, but you can't find a rushing defense in a week. South Carolina has given up an average of 291.7 yards rushing the last three weeks. Clemson on the other hand has given up an average of 57 yards on the ground. In the last 8 games only three teams have outrushed Clemson; Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech and Boston College....all losses. South Carolina has been outrushed by more then 100 yards in 4 games this year, all losses. Look for more of the same Saturday. The tandem of James Davis and CJ Spiller (thunder and lightening) will have their way with the horrid Gamecock rushing defense.

The old ball coach can pull out all the trick plays he wants to on Saturday, he's gonna need it, because Clemson is better coached, has better athletes, has the advantage in just about every single position on the field.

I follow both these two teams very close all the time, and even though I am a clemson fan....I'm very very confident in my selection.

Clemson is too fast, too talented, and too hungry for a South Carolina team thats lost 4 in a row including two of them at home. So much for a home team advantage.

Clemson will beat South Carolina on Saturday.

That is my GOY.

Good luck to all that follow, and please if you tail, don't put more then you can afford to lose. There are no guarantees.

I'll add more games soon.

Rook

good luck on the big one buddy. i will tail ya
    dave
    jc Wishes He Can Get A Goat

Comment

good luck with tha big 1, Rook!

Comment

BOL with the Tigers on Saturday buddy!!!

Im down for sure...lets do this!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Good luck, I like the selection. Not as much as you do, but I do like it alot so seeing it as your GOY makes me happy! I agree with everything you say in your analysis except one thing. Clemson, IMO, is not better coached that SC. Just a thought. Love the pick.
          "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

love the pick rook - always a good idea to capitalize on rushing advantages when you can find them

Comment

good luck....start building them toys

Comment

Bring it home Rook!

GL

Comment

Man that had to be a tough game to cap for you

Go Clemson

GL
                  1 of 1 Morons

Comment

BOL on the big one Rook.
                    Records listed in members records forum.

Comment

love the game already had it marKED NOW IT GOING TO BE A BIGGER PLAY THANK U FOR POSTING U ARE A GREAT CAPPER SO I KNOW U ONLY PLAY WINNERS RIGHT LOLOL
                      GLLLLLLLL
                      GETER DONE
                      U GOT A HUNCH BET A BUNCH
                      THINK LONG THINK WRONG

ROLLLLLLLLLL TIDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
                      BAMA BAMA BAMA

Comment

BOL on the huge play Rook!
                        NFL
                        5* 1-0
                        2* 6-2-1
                        1* 9-4
                        total = 16-6-1

Comment

GL Rook on the GOY Ill throw something down on it

Comment

Originally posted by Homer
                            Man that had to be a tough game to cap for you

Go Clemson

GL

I almost didn't because it was Clemson...but too many factors that I couldn't let it go.

I follow both teams too much to not think i have a pretty good feel on it!!

But your right..it was much easier for me to love this pick because it was clemson.

Comment

Originally posted by 3ebRocks
                              Good luck, I like the selection. Not as much as you do, but I do like it alot so seeing it as your GOY makes me happy! I agree with everything you say in your analysis except one thing. Clemson, IMO, is not better coached that SC. Just a thought. Love the pick.

Thanks buddy.....You dont' think that Clemson has better overall coaches then South Carolina? Head coaching...proabably goes to Carolina, but in all other aspects, I really feel the edge goes to clemson.

I'd love to get your take on that. Being an ACC fan, i'm sure you follow the Tigers fairly close.

But thank you for the words.

Comment

Working...
                              X