Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early "Degenerate" CBB Games

Any thoughts/ideas on these games??

Leaning Towards Rhode Island +3. Wish it was a little higher so might wait till game time to play it.

Also liking LSU and Illinois to bounce back today depending on the lines.
    NFL System - Year 1
    Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
    Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
    Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
    Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
    Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
    Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
    Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
    Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
    Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
    Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

BOL today stacker...let me know what the word is....I see that LSU/ZONA ST game is still OTB...waiting on that line myslef to come out...oddsmakers muist still be checking the status of that one dude for LSU...
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Kinda lean toward BC myself X. Waiting for the lines to be posted. What time do the early ones tip?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
        Kinda lean toward BC myself X. Waiting for the lines to be posted. What time do the early ones tip?
        Rhode Island/BC starts @ 4:00 PM eastern...3 your time I think your central.....

The first game is LSU/ZONA ST. that starts @ 2:00 PM....1 PM your time....but there is no line yeet cause I think they are waiting to see if that one dude for LSU will play that is probable......

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

At first glance I was looking at BC as well. Then thinking back to just how big a part of that team Jared Dudley was, I realized how much they lost. They will not be able to replace that leadership on that team this year or for quite some time to come. Dudley was a very very big reason the team was as good as they were the past two seasons. I can not see Tyrese Rice filling his shoes. They also have lost the following:

Dudley 19 ppg, 1.5 steals, 8.3 rebuonds
          Sean Marshall 15 ppg, 2 assists, 4.5 rebounds
          Sean Williams 12 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks
          Joe Trapani 11.5 points, 4 boards, 40% from the 3 point line.

That is a lot to have to replace in one year. 4 of their top 5 scorers are gone. I know that leaves room for someone else to step in, but they have played 2 tight games against very weak competition. I think the ACC is going to be tough for them this year. Rhode Island might not be an ACC team, but they are no slouch either. They are playing very solid basketball right now. Ride with the streak, dont bet against it.
          NFL System - Year 1
          Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
          Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
          Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
          Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
          Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
          Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
          Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
          Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
          Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units

Comment

Originally posted by xstac2169
            At first glance I was looking at BC as well. Then thinking back to just how big a part of that team Jared Dudley was, I realized how much they lost. They will not be able to replace that leadership on that team this year or for quite some time to come. Dudley was a very very big reason the team was as good as they were the past two seasons. I can not see Tyrese Rice filling his shoes. They also have lost the following:

Dudley 19 ppg, 1.5 steals, 8.3 rebuonds
            Sean Marshall 15 ppg, 2 assists, 4.5 rebounds
            Sean Williams 12 points, 7 rebounds, 5 blocks
            Joe Trapani 11.5 points, 4 boards, 40% from the 3 point line.

That is a lot to have to replace in one year. 4 of their top 5 scorers are gone. I know that leaves room for someone else to step in, but they have played 2 tight games against very weak competition. I think the ACC is going to be tough for them this year. Rhode Island might not be an ACC team, but they are no slouch either. They are playing very solid basketball right now. Ride with the streak, dont bet against it.
            you make some valid points, but to BC's defense, they havent played as many games as Rhode Island and who has Rhode Island played thats any better than who BC's played? Stetson? come on now, they both played Florida Atlantic. UAB? Because UAB is the only quality team they've beaten and they beat em by 5 on Neutral court. You're talking about a huge program in BC, a HUGE fan base no matter how many stars they lost, and it's Rhode Island, how long can they ride the win streak? I'll tell you, it wont be easy in Boston. Im leaning towards BC.
            Proud Member on Bettorschat.com since March 10, 2006

Overall since 9/1/09- 39-30-1 +1.14 units ($114.40)
            1 unit=$100.00

Updated through Nov 18th 2009 @ 1:09AM est

Comment

This game is a home game for BC....in college basketball home court advantage is one of the hugest factors more than any other sport IMO.....

Comment

Very true very true points about home court advantage. I am just not sold on BC as of yet. I think Rhode Island can definately bang with them today and it will be a close game. Losing that much firepower is going to hurt.

To me, watching BC last year the only person who defended 100% every time was Dudley. It seemed BC was a little sluggish a lot of times defensively and they only turned it up when down by a lot of when Dudley led them to it.

Maybe the leadership factor comes in down the stretch of the season in conference play and conferenc tourney more than now. Talent could win these games alone, but definately not the ACC tourney or NCAA tourney should they make it.
                NFL System - Year 1
                Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
                Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
                Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
                Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
                Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
                Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
                Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
                Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
                Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units

Comment

Does BC still have that Smith dude?

Either way BC's new guys are probably better than Rhode Islands starters....BC is always strong...they have great recruiting are always a good team from what I can remember.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
                    Does BC still have that Smith dude?

Either way BC's new guys are probably better than Rhode Islands starters....BC is always strong...they have great recruiting are always a good team from what I can remember.....

lol i love how you work Chad, youre amazing dude. Put money on the line for shit you have no idea what your talking about
                    Proud Member on Bettorschat.com since March 10, 2006

Overall since 9/1/09- 39-30-1 +1.14 units ($114.40)
                    1 unit=$100.00

Updated through Nov 18th 2009 @ 1:09AM est

Comment

All tough to call, I'm thinking BC, LSU and Okla St. in those three

Comment

Originally posted by ChangingMyLuck3
                        lol i love how you work Chad, youre amazing dude. Put money on the line for shit you have no idea what your talking about
                        Thats why I said from what I can remember...I have watched a lot of CBB over the years...just dont know how much teams have lost and gained with the new season.....

Comment

Best of luck x.
                          Go Browns!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChangingMyLuck3
                            What I mean by great recruiting is that any team in the ACC in CBB is always strong...even if they lose players they recruit well and make up for them....its like the SEC in college football...

I am not totally clueless....

Comment

I put in a 3 team 6 point teaser... ties push

1 Unit
                              BC +3
                              OK State +11
                              LSU +7.5
                              NFL System - Year 1
                              Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
                              Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
                              Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units