Marist/Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marist/Miami

Anyone have strong thoughts on this game? I know Marist lost their great guard, but I don't know much else about this game or more importantly, where to find the info about who is coming back for each team. What site do you guys go to, to find out who is back for each team, %offense returning, etc....

Thanks
    Fight, Devils Down The Field. Fight With Your Might And Don't Ever Yield.

HONESTLY... jared jordan was the story in marist last year, they dont have him anymore, they will just be another team this year, I DOUBT they have the talent to match up against a pretty decent miami team that welcomes back some of their stars.
    Proud Member on Bettorschat.com since March 10, 2006

Overall since 9/1/09- 39-30-1 +1.14 units ($114.40)
    1 unit=$100.00

Updated through Nov 18th 2009 @ 1:09AM est

Comment

From sports network \/

FACTS & STATS: Site: Coliseo de Puerto Rico (18,000) -- San Juan, Puerto Rico. Television: ESPNU. Home Record: Marist 1-0, Miami-FL 1-0. Away Record: Marist 0-0, Miami-FL 0-0. Neutral Record: Marist 0-0, Miami-FL 0-0. Conference Record: Marist 0-0, Miami-FL 0-0. Series Record: Series is tied, 1-1.

GAME NOTES: Marist makes the long journey down to San Juan this morning to face off against the Miami-Florida Hurricanes in the opening round of the Puerto Rico Tip-Off. The Red Foxes, who had an outstanding 2006-07 campaign but have since lost three critical components from a team that finished 25-9 and was also 1-1 in postseason play, opened this season last weekend with an 89-78 victory over the Delaware Blue Hens at home. Meanwhile, Miami also began the new campaign with a victory, routing a hapless Florida Southern squad by a score of 104-61 last Friday night in Coral Gables. With respect to the all-time series between these two schools on the hardwood, each team has beaten the other one time previously. The most recent affair took place during the 1987-88 campaign with Marist claiming a 73-62 triumph. The winner of this contest will face off against the winner of the Houston/VCU game, with both losers also competing against each other on Friday as well.

Spongy Benjamin soaked up the atmosphere at the McCann Center as the Red Foxes opened the season with a victory over Delaware, with the center posting a huge double-double consisting of 21 points and 17 rebounds. Benjamin was one of five players to score in double figures for Marist, as David Devezin chipped in 16 points and six assists, Jay Gavin and Dejuan Goodwin 13 points apiece and Ryan Stilphen 11 and five boards as the team made 52.5 percent from the field overall to make up for just 3-of-13 shooting beyond the arc and 22-of-36 (.611) at the charity stripe. Stilphen, the top returning scorer for the Red Foxes after posting 10.8 ppg a season ago, is now going to be called upon to be a senior leader for the group, but don't overlook the development of Benjamin. The senior forward came off the bench in all 34 games last season for Marist, responding with 5.9 points and 5.1 rebounds per game after coming over from Williston State College in North Dakota.

Miami knocked down a sizzling 64.7 percent from the field in the first half and an even more impressive 7-of-9 behind the three-point line versus Florida Southern, taking a 56-25 lead at the break and never looking back. The Hurricanes had six players score in double figures, beginning with Jack McClinton who posted 15 points and seven assists in 21 minutes. James Dews matched McClinton's scoring efforts off the bench, while Adrian Thomas and Dwayne Collins both hit for 13 points in less than 20 minutes in reserve roles as well. Anthony King came up a point shy of a double-double after clearing a team-best 11 rebounds. Miami crushed the visitors on the glass (55-31), outscored them in the paint (50-6) and forced them into 25 turnovers. The 'Canes return the top two scorers from a year ago in McClinton and Brian Asbury who tallied 16.7 and 11.7 ppg, respectively, in 2006-07. Much further down the scoring list for Miami last year was King who was credited with just 7.9 ppg in eight appearances, but it appears as though he is back to full strength following the wrist surgery that sidelined him for much of the season.

The Red Foxes were a huge story last year because of the play of Jared Jordan, but without him Marist is just another team from the MAAC that will be competitive but won't be anything special.

Comment

yeah not sure about it. maybe better to stay away
        Fight, Devils Down The Field. Fight With Your Might And Don't Ever Yield.

Comment

I took Marist

Comment

under

Comment

i took miami got it at -7.5, we'll see.

1 unit=$100.00

Comment

I took Miami. They're returning most of their starters and finished pretty strong last year. Marist has to replace more than just Jordan and it will take some time for them to gell.
                ALWAYS RIDE THE STREAK!!!

Comment

Damn I just bet Marist at +8.5
                  It's down to 8 now
                  Good Luck to everyone
                  Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                  Clark: What's steroids?
                  Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                  Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
                    Damn I just bet Marist at +8.5
                    It's down to 8 now
                    I got it at 9

Let's ca$h buddy

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                      I got it at 9

Let's ca$h buddy

that line has been crazy all day, i got -7.5 for Miami, some people getting miami -9, -8.5

1 unit=$100.00

Comment

Glad someone is on it with me.
                        Good Luck to everyone
                        Adam

Comment

Just bet the money line
                          Good Luck to everyone
                          Adam

Comment

Working...
                          X