Biggest Waste of High Round Draft Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biggest Waste of High Round Draft Picks

I am going to say Eli Manning for the simple reason we gave so much to get him....

He is inaccurate
    a passive leader
    disappears under the bright lights

* sometimes teams are afraid to admit they screwed up

#2 Ryan Leaf

Just thought of Tony Mandarich

Comment

Kijana Carter

Comment

Mirer
        Couch
        Lawrence Phillips

Steve Entman years back too...could never get on the field

Comment

Eli Manning is a very good NFL QB....Just because you are the number 1 pick does not mean you will be Joe Montana.....truth is most of the best Qbs the NFL has ever seen have been drafted late

I do agree with the other 2

PEACE

Comment

QBs: Tim Couch, Quincy Carter, Akili Smith, Heath Schuler, Cade McNown, Rick Mirer, Todd Marinovich -ANDRE WARE - - RYAN LEAF - DAN McGWIRE - JIM DRUNKENMILLER- DAVID KLINGER

RBs: Blair Thomas, William Green, Curis Enis, Lawrence Philips - KI-JANA CARTER , CURTIS ENIS, VAUGH DUNBAR

Wrs: Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Peter Warrick, Yatil Green- Charles Rogers, David Terrell-Koren Robinson,

DL: STEVE EMTMAN - 1ST PICK OVERALL !! JAMAL REYNOLDS- DEMETRIUS UNDERWOOD - COURTNEY BROWN- GERALD WARREN- KEITH McCANTS - Dan - BIG DADDY-Wilkinson,

LB: Andy Katzenmoyer - BRIAN BOSWORTH -TREV ALBERTS

OT : TONY MANDARICH- STAN THOMAS

BEARS PICKS ON THAT LIST:

McNOWN
            THOMAS
            TERRELL
            ENIS
            SALAMM
            AND TRADING A FIRST ROUND PICK FOR MIRER
            Last edited by GOLDENGREEK; 11-14-2007, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
              Eli Manning is a very good NFL QB....Just because you are the number 1 pick does not mean you will be Joe Montana.....truth is most of the best Qbs the NFL has ever seen have been drafted late

I do agree with the other 2

PEACE

MCP...i have respectfully disagree about good.....He is teetering on average at best.....His player rating is sub 80 every year....he is one of the most inaccurate passers in the league since its inception.....He goes in the tank the 2nd half of every season......

The sad thing is that he has weapons....I would be afraid how bad he would be without them....

I agree draft position (round wise) is no guarantee, but if you trade picks that turn into 3 pro-bowlers (rivers, Merriman and their kicker) you had better be pretty sure he is going to be a star....

I have been his staunchest supporter for a long time, but i just do not see the progression that should be there....

6 delay of games and please make up an angry face if you have to, but that baby deer look is not what i want to see when i need my QB to lead us down the field.....

I would place him right in the middle of the league, but i was basing my comments on what they gave up

Comment

eugene chung. LOFL

before most pat fans were pats fans though..........

Comment

Year Team G GS Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int Tkld 20+ 40+ Rate
                  2004 New York Giants 9 7 197 95 48.2 1043 5.29 52 6 9 13/83 11 4 55.4
                  2005 New York Giants 16 16 557 294 52.8 3762 6.75 78 24 17 28/184 49 8 75.9
                  2006 New York Giants 16 16 522 301 57.7 3244 6.21 55 24 18 25/186 33 8 77.0
                  2007 New York Giants 9 9 283 168 59.4 1820 6.43 60 14 11 13/91 21 4 78.6
                  TOTAL 50 48 1559 858 55.0 9869 6.33 78 68 55 79/544 114 24 74.2

this is with good position players....tiki, shockey, toomer, plax

Comment

We havent had a QB in Detroit for as long as I can remember.....we drafted Chuck Long, Ware and Harrington very high and they were trash.

Scott Mitchell was serviceable for a few years but by no means was he anything better than average and when he looked like shit he stunk.

Rodney Peete and Erik Kramer are the best QBs I have seen in Detroit in about 20 years so thats not saying much...guys like Eli Manning to me are great

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
                      We havent had a QB in Detroit for as long as I can remember.....we drafted Chuck Long, Ware and Harrington very high and they were trash.

Scott Mitchell was serviceable for a few years but by no means was he anything better than average and when he looked like shit he stunk.

Rodney Peete and Erik Kramer are the best QBs I have seen in Detroit in about 20 years so thats not saying much...guys like Eli Manning to me are great

PEACE
                      i just see the lack of progression and the poor decisions.....and he is sooooo inaccurate......rating is 78.6 again this year (high for him)......league avg is 85.6......

the thing in detroit is the teams were not that good...the giants have surrounded this guy with talent......many detroitqbs spend their time on their backs

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                        eugene chung. LOFL

before most pat fans were pats fans though..........

He wasn't born yet when I started to become a fan!

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENGREEK
                          QBs: Tim Couch, Quincy Carter, Akili Smith, Heath Schuler, Cade McNown, Rick Mirer, Todd Marinovich -ANDRE WARE - - RYAN LEAF - DAN McGWIRE - JIM DRUNKENMILLER- DAVID KLINGER

RBs: Blair Thomas, William Green, Curis Enis, Lawrence Philips - KI-JANA CARTER , CURTIS ENIS, VAUGH DUNBAR

Wrs: Troy Williamson, Mike Williams, Peter Warrick, Yatil Green- Charles Rogers, David Terrell-Koren Robinson,

DL: STEVE EMTMAN - 1ST PICK OVERALL !! JAMAL REYNOLDS- DEMETRIUS UNDERWOOD - COURTNEY BROWN- GERALD WARREN- KEITH McCANTS - Dan - BIG DADDY-Wilkinson,

LB: Andy Katzenmoyer - BRIAN BOSWORTH -TREV ALBERTS

OT : TONY MANDARICH- STAN THOMAS

BEARS PICKS ON THAT LIST:

McNOWN
                          THOMAS
                          TERRELL
                          ENIS
                          SALAMM
                          AND TRADING A FIRST ROUND PICK FOR MIRER
                          Wow very nice GG! Lawrence Phillips has to be the biggest RB bust IMO. He had all the talent in the world, but just wanted to beat women. The one that takes the cake though has to be cryin Ryan Leaf! This guys arm strength and build made me put my foot in my mouth when I said he would be much better than Peyton Manning!

Comment

ELI is not that bad. I'm an Oakland fan, now that is bad when it comes to QB....the one thing I do HATE about Eli and think will prevent him from winning the big one is like you said TTT, HE'S PASSIVE..Guy has so little mojo it's gross, but he's still young, and you guys have been competitive with him. I know you miss Kerry the drunk Collins but I'd give the little terd a few more years..I'd take 6-3 anyday..

RYAN LEAF!!!!
                            Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                              Just thought of Tony Mandarich
                              Being a Packers fan this is one I can never forgive the Packers for
                              Record (started keeping track as of 11/10/07)
                              NCAAF: 14-9
                              NFL: 7-6
                              NBA: 4-4-2
                              CBB: 10-6-1

Comment

Working...
                              X