BYU/TCU Pick, More to follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BYU/TCU Pick, More to follow

Solid 3-1 night last night picking up 3.8 units and right now Im posting a selection on BYU/TCU but the rest of the card will be posted in a bit.

3* BYU -7
    A closer look at this game reveals that TCU struggles on the road. They hold an 0-3-1 ATS road record and 1-3 straight up road record. Three of the four teams they played on the road are inferior to BYU and at home BYU would be favored by double digits over all three. In fact BYU beat one of those teams, Air Force, at home by 25 while TCU lost on the road by three. In addition, TCU squeaked by Stanford on the road by just 2, giving them their only SU road win, just a week after Stanford's improbable win over USC. So although I did not watch any of that game, logic dictates that some let down factor affected the Cardinal. The fourth opponent, Texas, blew TCU out and if you have followed Texas this year, you know they are not blowing too many quality teams out. Just the usual suspects types Baylor, Rice and Iowa State.

Furthermore, TCU's rushing game really struggles on the road. They average 141 ypg on the season, but only 104 ypg away from home with a paltry 2.7 ypc. Couple that with the fact that BYU has not allowed a 100 yard rusher this season and that they give up just 89 ypg at 2.9 ypc on the ground in Provo tells me that BYU will make TCU a one dimensional team.

Conversely, BYU is undefeated at home SU and 3-1 ATS with their only non cover (35-16 SU win) coming last week against CSU as they were favored by 21 and gave up a defensive TD with 4 minutes left for the backdoor cover by Colorado State.
    The second best team record wise in the MWC is Air Force and BYU had no trouble with them. Third best is Utah and TCU got smoked by them. Then comes New Mexico who TCU beat last week by 37. Great performance, but IMO a bit of an abboration. BYU has the offensive, defensive, and homefield edges and giving just a touchdown as TCU traditionally does not play well in November games.

Lets go Cougs!
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

on it too. gl

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
      on it too. gl
      As am I buddy..

BOL tonight rocks!!!
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Gl 3 I'm on it as well!

Comment

Good Luck
          THE ART OF BEING WISE IS THE ART OF KNOWING WHAT TO OVERLOOK...

Comment

Good luck!
            My rating system is as follows:

1-10 units on plays typically
            20+ on extremely hot picks, goy, etc. (VERY rare)
            ---------------------------------------------------
            LAST SEASON:

CBB 75-42-4 +142.6 UNITS ($14260) YEAH BABY!!!

NFL 1-0 +1 UNITS ($100)

NBA 49-30-4 +93.2 UNITS ($9320)

Comment

Nice writeup. Good luck, 3.

Comment

Good Luck 3

Comment

Adding:
                  2* BYU Over 46.5

No basketball for me tonight! BOL to everyone.
                  "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it." George Bernard Shaw

Comment

GL Buddy! Nice write up!

Comment

Nice writeup and good luck tonight!
                      "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

good luck
                        THINK BLUE

Comment

GL BUD ! fuck the write-ups....you'll soon learn

Comment

Second week in a row, BYU ended the game inside the opponents 20, kneeling on the ball after giving up the backdoor cover. Least it got us the over.

Comment

I feel your pain bro! A couple calls and where in the money!

Comment

Working...
                              X