Bad Beats & Back Door Wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Beats & Back Door Wins

Thought it might be fun to swap bad beat stories & big back door wins...on the heels of the 10-7 score at the end of the 3rd Quater of last nights game, and a final total of 65. WTF????

Maybe not the worst beat, but the one I'll never forget was the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl in 2005. Nevada was playing Central Florida, and Wayne had Nevada as his GOY for college foot's that year. We all know how solid those plays are! Nevada is up by 10 with 1:32 left in the game, and they're laying 6. UCF score 10 pts in that last 1:32 with a TD, an on side kick recovery, and a field goal to tie.

Here's where it gets really shitty...Nevada scores a TD on they're first OT possesion, YEAH!!! WE ARE COVERING!!! Then UCF scores a TD, and my thought is...OK, it's alright we'll come back and score a TD, and hold them in the second OT. Just after that thought...fucking UCF misses the fucking point after and Nevada wins by one. It was on Christmas Eve, and I could not eat a bite of prime rib I was so fucking sick.

One good thing, was that I learned that even on GOY's, don't bet more than you can or want to lose. I had shot a $1,000.00 on that game after building that $1,000.00 over a two week period. I was sick....all that work...GONE. I laugh now, but that made me ill.

Type away guys...I'm sure we all have one.
    Last edited by KR-V3; 11-07-2007, 02:36 AM.
    $100/unit

They are all booger eaters!!!

I can tell you of two in the couple weeks:

1.) Edmonton Eskimos in the CFL were up 13-0, 28-14 with 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. They gave up 2 TD's to make it 28-28 but they kicked a FG with no time on the clock to win that was GOOD but the FG was called back on a very questionable hold which pushed them out of FG range. They then lost by 7 in OT and my +4.0 lost.

2.) Okie St up 21-0 and 35-14 in the 4th quarter and get otuscored 24-0 in the 4th quarter and I lose my ML bet.
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

that 48 points being scored in the 4th is unbeleivable. I had to go to fox sports to see that my self. Un fucking real
      Questions, comments, complaints:
      [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
        that 48 points being scored in the 4th is unbeleivable. I had to go to fox sports to see that my self. Un fucking real
        I went to bed...is that what happened...holy shit....

Comment

About 6 years ago i had bet OK -4 vs OK st in basket ball. Ok st led wire to wire and right before regulation ended Ok hits 2 free throws to tie the game and send it into OT.

In OT the sooners got up by 5 by hitting 2 freethrows with 2 seconds to go. For the first time in the whole game i was covering. Ok st throws a hail mary as the buzzer goes to lose by 2. I was so pissed i couldnt sleep
          Last edited by jcindaville; 11-07-2007, 08:18 AM.
          [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
            I went to bed...is that what happened...holy shit....
            yup, and no Overtime, they scored 48 points in one quarter
            [email protected]

Comment

Almost bad beats

Last weekend I had one remaining selection to make for my capping contest. I was wrestling between GB/KC Under or SF/Atlanta Under. I finally decided on SF/Atlanta Under.

Ten minutes into the game the score was quickly 7-7I was kicking myself in the ass. Meanwhile, in the GB/KC game with less than 2 minutes remaining the in 1st half the score was 3-0.

GB/KC score 35 4th Qtr points. The game goes over. The other game was a WINNER. SF and Atlanta score single digits in each of the remaining 3 qtrs.

Moral of the story. The tough beats remain with us. We often overlook the games we win when the outcome looks bleak.

Comment

I remember one of the ultimate backdoor covers for me. Few years back, I believe in the Final Four. Chris Duhon for Duke hits a meaningless running 35 footer for Duke against UConn at the buzzer. Think I had Duke +4 and they were down 6 and the 3 got them within 3 and a cover for me

Comment

A few years ago I had a great back door cover. I don't remember all the details except it involved UCLA.

I had the Dog getting 10 points. The dog scores a very late TD, cutting the lead to 11 points. They kick off and pin the favorite deep in their own territory. Instead of risking a turnover, the favorites take an intentional safety. Cutting the lead to 9. A WINNER for me.

Comment

My worst BEAT was a double beat.

A few years ago on MNF I bet against GB and played the Under. With less than a minute remaining GB is trying to run out the clock. The team I bet has all 11 guys in the box trying to stop the run. The GB runner breaks thru and runs for about a 60 yard TD run. Blowing my ATS winner and sending the game OVER the total.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                      I remember one of the ultimate backdoor covers for me. Few years back, I believe in the Final Four. Chris Duhon for Duke hits a meaningless running 35 footer for Duke against UConn at the buzzer. Think I had Duke +4 and they were down 6 and the 3 got them within 3 and a cover for me
                      That's happened to me a few times, where a bench player threw up a meaningless half court 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat me.

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                        That's happened to me a few times, where a bench player threw up a meaningless half court 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat me.

I fucking hate that
                        [email protected]

Comment

OMFG I REMEMBER THAT I WAS AT MY BUDDIES AND WE WERE CELEBRATING THE WIN AND SHIT AND THAN BOOM...FUCKIN DUHON FROM A MILE AWAY..I REMEMVER IT SO CLEARLY THAT IT WENT OF THE BACK BOARD AND IN...MY STOMACH LITERALLY CHURNED AND WE BOTH SCREAMED AT THE TOP OF OUR LUNGS IN SHOCK BECAUSE WE HAD UCONN -4.0 ....
                          Last edited by Chado1; 11-07-2007, 10:40 AM.

Comment

The texas/ohio state O/U 3-4 years ago. the game is 1 point below the total ( i have the under). Texas is driving at the end of the game. they are at the 1 or 2 yard line. so on 3rd down they get stuffed, then on 4th they decide to go for it, instead of kicking the FG (i'm pumped right?) so OSU barely barely barely stops them at the pilon. YES! YES! YES! I WIN! I WIN! there's like 20 seconds left. Then troy fucking smith, stands back in the end zone and gets sacked for a safety which puts the game over by 1 point.

puke.
                            1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

What about that Boise St NCAAF one against who was it?
                              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Working...
                              X