• Show
Clear All

• Picks For Tuesday

NBA
    -------

NBA Opening Night!

"Triple-Double" ( Units)

Utah +4 (-120)

I really like the Jazz here even though i think G.S. will be a popular choice tonight. I think you need to be careful with the Warriors early in the season. Starting Forward Stephen Jackson is OUT tonight because of his suspension and Guard Jason Richardson is no longer with this club after being traded in the offseason. They were the Warriors 2nd & 3rd leading scorers in their Playoff run last year at a very respectable 20 & 19 ppg. Stephen Jackson was 2nd in assits, steals and blocks while Richardson was their leading rebounder. That will take some getting used to early without these guys and Guard Monta Ellis should play but he is questionable tonight too and banged up. Deron Williams vs Baron Davis should be a great matchup but beyond that i really think Utah has more depth right now and a frontcourt of Boozer, Kirilenko and Okur that should have the upper hand in this one.

"Triple" ( Units)

Houston -5 (-110)

Have you looked at the Lakers roster? It doesn't look good at all and add to that Kwame Brown is doubtful and Lamar Odom is out. Kobe should be good to go with his wrist but he even looks uninspired at this point. Houston looks pretty solid this year and i really like their new Starting Forward Luis Scola from Argentina. The problem i have with going bigger on this one is Kobe. If he comes to play, he will keep them in it and he is (7-1) in season openers when he starts. The Lakers looked alright in the preseason without Kobe but if the line was 2-3 points lower, i might go higher with my wager. It isn't. If Houston is up by 7 or 8 late and Kobe takes over, my -5 will start to make me a little nervous.

GOOD LUCK

BOL with the hoops tonight Wayne!!!
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

GL Wayne! Like the Rockets too.
      Great Day To Win

MLB 2008 (19-23-1) +3.0 units

NBA 08-09 (10-7) + 1.59 units

GOY (4-1)

Comment

Best of Luck Wayne on the opener!
        "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Good luck buddy! I think I'm going to give the NBA a shot this year. Haven't ever really capped it before.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
            Haven't ever really capped it before.
            Really? Alot of people don't like it but i had a pretty good season last year and i actually enjoy the NBA. It gives me something else to watch too!

Comment

P.S. Brandon Roy is OUT for Portland tonight too. They do not have much in Portland right now and if i had to play it, i would go with the Spurs. I just can't lay that many points in a game, especially in the season opener.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                Really? Alot of people don't like it but i had a pretty good season last year and i actually enjoy the NBA. It gives me something else to watch too!
                I haven't been too big of a fan of the NBA in recent years. Getting in this fantasy league and with Kevin Durant possibly moving to OKC (hopefully) I've got a renewed interest

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                  P.S. Brandon Roy is OUT for Portland tonight too. They do not have much in Portland right now and if i had to play it, i would go with the Spurs. I just can't lay that many points in a game, especially in the season opener.
                  The Spurs were definitely a game I liked

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                    I haven't been too big of a fan of the NBA in recent years. Getting in this fantasy league and with Kevin Durant possibly moving to OKC (hopefully) I've got a renewed interest
                    Plus the Capping Contest too. You have reasons to pay attention this year!

Comment

Good Luck Brother
                      "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                      is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Good Luck Wayne
                        2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Wayne, nice write ups. I agree with you if Kobe decides to make this personal and play because he's pissed Phil called him out they could be playing a very tight game.

Comment

Good luck with the round ball tonight Wayne
                            Questions, comments, complaints:
                            [email protected]

Comment

Good luck Wayne!! Go Celtics!!!!

Eagle
                              Kruise Record 28-21

Comment

Working...
                              X