Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Girardi offered Yanks job

Might be old news but first I have heard of it

The Yankees officially offered their managerial job to Joe Girardi Monday morning and he is expected to accept it, a source has told 1050 ESPN New York's Andrew Marchand. Yankees general manager Brian Cashman told Don Mattingly and Tony Pena that they will not be getting the job.

Girardi was in the Denver for the World Series. A source said he is expected to fly to New York for the announcement, which is likely to come Tuesday. Girardi's contract is expect to be in the three-year, $6 million range.

Mattingly will not accept a position on the Yankees coaching staff, Marchand and ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney are reporting.

Comment

Mattingly gone is a huge loss

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21

Yep...He's the best...He's a proven winner.. Without Mattingly this team is done! This team will never win again without Donnie baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lovedoc
          Yep...He's the best...He's a proven winner.. Without Mattingly this team is done! This team will never win again without Donnie baseball.
          Lovey, so what has he won for him to be called a proven winner? Last time I checked his fingers are 'bling free'.....
          Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

He didn't win as a player and the Yanks haven't won since Zim came off the bench, so I have to disagree
            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

I think Mattingly would have been a poor choice...actually, I think they sort of screwed themselves with Torre as the alternatives are meek! They guy has never made a pitching change and you want to trust him with these young guns?

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
                Lovey, so what has he won for him to be called a proven winner? Last time I checked his fingers are 'bling free'.....
                Mattingly may not have rings, but what he has is the respect of all the players. If I was hiring, this would be the guy to go to.

Girardi had his share of problems with the front office in Florida his year there. How in the world does he think he is going to pull that crap with the Yanks?? The pressure in NY is a million times worse than managing a loser in FL.
                He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by insidethe8thpol
                  Mattingly may not have rings, but what he has is the respect of all the players. If I was hiring, this would be the guy to go to.

Girardi had his share of problems with the front office in Florida his year there. How in the world does he think he is going to pull that crap with the Yanks?? The pressure in NY is a million times worse than managing a loser in FL.
                  I agree with your comments about Girardi...I think there pool of 'talent' for the Managerial job was very mediocre at best. Frankly, I don't like Randolph at all, but I would take him before any of these three candidates coaching my fave team any day.

Comment

Both are poor choices. Girardi will have a young pitching staff and although a catcher had some issues managing a young Florida staff, in fact some people blame Girardi for ruining Johnsons shoulder in Florida. Mattingly showed no clue in the game which he subbed for Torre. He has little to no experience.

That being said, and has been said above, the pool for managing candidates was very weak, so take a shot with either and hope for the best
                    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

I was being sarcastic people...Obviously, kb has no clue what he's talking about....

Comment

I was being sarcastic people...Obviously, kb has no clue what he's talking about....
                        Thank Go...thought you were really hittin' the homerade!

Comment

sure ya were

Comment

no man...I'm very happy with girardi... I was pulling for him ever since the talks came last year about joe torre being fired... He may have ruined those pitchers...but its a crap shoot... You never know.. Hell, johan santana throws 240 innings a year

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                              I think the only way they could have held the FA's and clubhouse together would have been to go with Don and they didn't!

Comment

Working...
                              X