X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hank Steinbrenner says 'goodbye' to A-Rod

NY DAILY NEWS

Monday, October 29th 2007, 4:52 AM

Hank Steinbrenner bids adieu to now former Yankees third baseman, Alex Rodriguez.

Hank Steinbrenner may be new to the baseball business, but the eldest son of George Steinbrenner knows one thing: If you don't want to be a Yankee, the Yankees don't want you.

That was Steinbrenner's message to Alex Rodriguez last night after he learned that the third baseman had opted out of the final three years of his contract, electing to become a free agent before the Yankees even had a chance to offer him an extension.

"It's clear he didn't want to be a Yankee," Hank Steinbrenner told the Daily News last night. "He doesn't understand the privilege of being a Yankee on a team where the owners are willing to pay $200 million to put a winning product on the field.

"I don't want anybody on my team that doesn't want to be a Yankee."

Welcome to Anaheim Gay-Rod!

Comment

Everyone in Boston has the day off work today?

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I had a scheduled vacation for this week buddy. Thank God cuz after last night, it is going to take me a couple of days to recover.

Comment

News Flash Hank Your 200 Million To Produce A Winner?????????? Your Neighbors To The North The Red Sox Won The World Series Last Nite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acorn Doesn't Fall From The Tree.................in The Words Of That Famous Americian, Forrest Gump, Hank Stupid Is As Stupid Does.

Comment

i heard boston wants a rod
            rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

i can not imagine the red sox wanting a-rod

Comment

Originally posted by BUD GREGG
                News Flash Hank Your 200 Million To Produce A Winner?????????? Your Neighbors To The North The Red Sox Won The World Series Last Nite!!!!!!!!!!!!

Acorn Doesn't Fall From The Tree.................in The Words Of That Famous Americian, Forrest Gump, Hank Stupid Is As Stupid Does.
                It sounds like Hank is an even bigger and insensitive prick that his father who at this stage of his life probably cannot even remember who ARod is and that he/Yankees even signed him in the first place.

Comment

i don't think its that george's health is starting to fail.

i'd rather have an owner like him instead of guys in kc and minnesota who pocket 20million a year from revenue sharing instead of putting out a winner.

Comment

people can bash hank all they want, but at least they are gonna stand up to boras/arod. go hit 800 hrs and win zip somewhere else.

once again: pedroia had more rbis this postseason than arod did in 4 F'N YEARS as a yankee.

Comment

Didn't know ARod gave up 24 runs on the mound in the postseason this year?

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                        people can bash hank all they want, but at least they are gonna stand up to boras/arod.
                        I totally agree!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                          Didn't know ARod gave up 24 runs on the mound in the postseason this year?
                          Well now you know.

Now get to work

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                            NY DAILY NEWS

Monday, October 29th 2007, 4:52 AM

Hank Steinbrenner bids adieu to now former Yankees third baseman, Alex Rodriguez.

Hank Steinbrenner may be new to the baseball business, but the eldest son of George Steinbrenner knows one thing: If you don't want to be a Yankee, the Yankees don't want you.

That was Steinbrenner's message to Alex Rodriguez last night after he learned that the third baseman had opted out of the final three years of his contract, electing to become a free agent before the Yankees even had a chance to offer him an extension.

"It's clear he didn't want to be a Yankee," Hank Steinbrenner told the Daily News last night. "He doesn't understand the privilege of being a Yankee on a team where the owners are willing to pay $200 million to put a winning product on the field.

"I don't want anybody on my team that doesn't want to be a Yankee."
                            Good for him...I'd say the same thing! Eff him...all the way to Anaheim (or Boston or Cubs)!
                            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

I think ARod realizes he already has more money than he can possibly spend in his lifetime and now is probably a bit envious of seeing Sox and some of their players win WS twice, while he has zilch to show with Yankees.
                              With Torre gone and probably more defections to some, he wants to play for a WINNER, and frankly I can't blame him.
                              Sure his salary and those of just about every player is absurd, but that being the case, if he wants to take Lugo's place and play along side of Lowell at shortstop, then I as a Sox fan would be elated to have him.
                              ps I would not be as happy if he comes to Boston and Lowell leaves, but hey half a loaf is better than nothing.
                              Last edited by savage1; 10-29-2007, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X