Must be nice to be a Boston sports fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must be nice to be a Boston sports fan

You got the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics. Wonder if a city has every won the Superbowl, World Series, and NBA Championship in the same year. It must be nice.
    MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Don't forget Boston College!

Comment

Originally posted by weazel079
      You got the Red Sox, Patriots, and Celtics. Wonder if a city has every won the Superbowl, World Series, and NBA Championship in the same year. It must be nice.
      Yep, congrats to Sox and most likely Pats fans...don't see the Celts winning it all thought...IMO, the Eastern Conf of the NBA is like the NL in baseball and the NFC in the NFL...the best teams in the Eastern Conf can't hold the Western Conf teams' jocks.

Comment

86' was close. The Celtics Won the Title, the Red Sox lost the WS to the Mets and the Patriots lost the Super Bowl to Chicago but all 3 were there. The next year, the Bruins lost in the Stanley Cup Finals. It was fun but most ended badly!

Comment

Originally posted by LVJimmy
          Yep, congrats to Sox and most likely Pats fans...don't see the Celts winning it all thought...IMO, the Eastern Conf of the NBA is like the NL in baseball and the NFC in the NFL...the best teams in the Eastern Conf can't hold the Western Conf teams' jocks.
          I agree and i wouldn't pick the Celtics to win it all. Look out though because i've been watching them and they have been dominating teams when playing their regulars!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
            Toughest test left @ Clemson...I think they're far enough ahead in 2nd in the BCS that if they win out, they're in the BCS title game...I can hear it now,

"BC, even though they're undefeated doesn't deserve a title shot"

Comment

I agree and i wouldn't pick the Celtics to win it all. Look out though because i've been watching them and they have been dominating teams when playing their regulars!
              They should win the East (easily I think), but as much as I can't stand the Spurs, they're tough (especially in the playoffs).

Comment

Toughest test left @ Clemson...I think they're far enough ahead in 2nd in the BCS that if they win out, they're in the BCS title game...I can hear it now,

"BC, even though they're undefeated doesn't deserve a title shot"

I really don't think they will be in the BCS game. Right now i would pick Oklahoma vs LSU if i had to choose 2 teams!

Comment

Can't forget about those Eagles but I don't think they can run the table in their last 4 games.

Comment

They should win the East (easily I think), but as much as I can't stand the Spurs, they're tough (especially in the playoffs).
                    Yup, the Pistons & Heat have shown that the West can be beat though!

Comment

I really don't think they will be in the BCS game. Right now i would pick Oklahoma vs LSU if i had to choose 2 teams!
                      I won't even waste my time trying to predict the BCS title game...I keep saying OK, but then they play games like @ Colorado and @ Iowa St.

Comment

LSU vs Oregon is your championship game.

Comment

Yup, the Pistons & Heat have shown that the West can be beat though!
                          true...too bad the NBA regular season is so long cuz the playoffs are great...they can keep the regular season...all you need to watch is the final 5-7 mins of each game

Comment

YEP and that will be when Boston will know they can't have it all--against CLEMSON!!!! Saturday November 17th!!

AT Clemson--Clemson has Duke then Wake at home the week before BC and BC has Fla St this week---and Maryland on the road next week---do I think Clemson loses before this game--YES--possibly to Wake!!!! This will be BC's second consecutive road game and I think the step by they got with VT will be exonerated with THE TIGERS---JMO buddy!!! Is BC loses before this my thoughts will be backed off immediately---just don't see them getting thorugh FLA ST--MARYLAND-on the road---and CLEMSON on the road in a three week stretch--if they do lets have another Boston TEA party!!! Again JMO-!!
                            Good night my girl is here and she looks like this right now

Comment

I'm not touching an NBA game ever again after what has gone on of late.

Comment

Working...
                              X