X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picks For Wednesday

MLB
    ----------

As you all know, yes, i am a BIG Red Sox fan. Some may ignore my post for that reason, but i'll give what i consider my best unbiased thoughts anyway.

Both teams should be here. You have the team with the best record in baseball all year against the team on the hottest streak in MLB History. I don't really take too much from the series they played earlier this year. For one, it was 4 months ago and alot of things (Including players) have changed since then. Comparing a 3 game series in June and a WS are just not the same animal (IMO). Now, on to the game(s). If you look at matchups here, i think you have to give the advantage to Boston in most areas. Pitching wise, all the numbers all year have pointed to Boston and even in the playoffs, their horses have been there. I don't think there is any doubt that the 2 Best pitchers in this series are both on Boston. You have Beckett with a (3-0) record in the post season and an Era of 1.17. He also has 26 K's in only 23 innings pitched. The other? Jonathan Papelbon. The guy is absolutely a stud and i don't know many who would argue that point. The righty/lefty combo of Okajima and Papelbon (Both All Stars), give Boston the clear advantage in the pen (IMO). Starters also go to Boston (IMO) because even beyond Beckett, you have a ton of big stage experience in Schilling. Colorado has alot of young arms and beyond Francis, is there any of those guys that you really know what you are going to get from? I can't say i know. The Colorado pitching looked very solid in the playoffs but you have to consider the opponent too. Philly had some great numbers on offense this season but i really think they ran out of gas after their late season rally. And is there any arguing that Arizona is no juggernaut on offense. Let's be honest in saying that even though they had the best record in the N.L., their bats never scared anyone. They were outscored this season by their opponents. I don't think there is any doubt that Boston had a tougher path here (Cleveland,Anaheim,NYY), than Colorado (Arizona,Chicago,Phil.).

On Offense, these teams almost mirror each other based on regular season stats. It is amazing how many categories they are neck and neck in. So who is hotter right now? I've seen many say that it is Colorado. Once again, i disagree. The Rockies scored 7 or more runs in the Post Season once. The Red Sox, 5 times, including 3 straight. Boston has faced Carmona Twice, Sabathia Twice, Escobar and Lackey in this Post Season (4 Cy Young candidates), and the Red Sox are (5-1) in those games scoring 45 runs (7.5 per game). That says alot about the Sox (IMO). I think the hotter team on offense is Boston. Colorado won alot of 4-2 type games against Arizona and i don't see that happening against the Red Sox i guess. I like Boston in 6

As far as game 1 goes ... I for one truly believe the layoff hurts Colorado's bats a little. People say they had the same break between the Philly and Arizona series but that simply isn't true. They had 4 off days before playing Arizona and they will have had twice as much (8) before playing Boston. I have heard several Former and current players on Sports talk radio in the last 2 days and to a man, they all said this long of a layoff will hurt Colorado for at least the 1st game of the series. They all said it is virtually impossible to have your timing down while hitting off a pitching coach or playing a simulated game. I do believe it and hearing every player say it certainly makes me believe even more. I think if Beckett mixes his fast balls and sets them up with some nasty off speed pitches, he can confuse the Colorado batters here in game one and have them on their heels a little. The pressure will be there for the Rockies no doubt. This isn't just a playoff game, it is the WS and they have had alot of time to "Think" about it.

The World Series has been similiar of late to past Super Bowls. Good playoff games but not close in the Final matchup. I'm not laying the juice in Game 1 for obvious reasons (Too High), but i will play the RL and Total. 10 of the last 13 and 14 of the last 19 World Series games have been decided by 2+ Runs. With that in mind and a few things pointing to Boston in game 1, i'm going to ride it. I'm also playing the Under for reasons stated above and in hopes two guys with Post Season Era's of 1.17 & 2.13 can keep the runs to a minimum here. I'm up over +100 Units this year in bases and hopefully we can add to it here. I like Boston 5-2 in Game 1.

"Triple" ( Units)

Boston (Beckett) -1.5 ---> -101

"UNDER" (8.5) Boston/Colorado ---> +100

GOOD LUCK

BOL with the Red Sox and under tomorrow night Wayne!!!
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Colorado will come out cold tomorrow with the lay off and Beckett on the mound 4-0 final IMO...Gl Wayne!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
        MLB
        ----------

As you all know, yes, i am a BIG Red Sox fan. Some may ignore my post for that reason, but i'll give what i consider my best unbiased thoughts anyway.

Both teams should be here. You have the team with the best record in baseball all year against the team on the hottest streak in MLB History. I don't really take too much from the series they played earlier this year. For one, it was 4 months ago and alot of things (Including players) have changed since then. Comparing a 3 game series in June and a WS are just not the same animal (IMO). Now, on to the game(s). If you look at matchups here, i think you have to give the advantage to Boston in most areas. Pitching wise, all the numbers all year have pointed to Boston and even in the playoffs, their horses have been there. I don't think there is any doubt that the 2 Best pitchers in this series are both on Boston. You have Beckett with a (3-0) record in the post season and an Era of 1.17. He also has 26 K's in only 23 innings pitched. The other? Jonathan Papelbon. The guy is absolutely a stud and i don't know many who would argue that point. The righty/lefty combo of Okajima and Papelbon (Both All Stars), give Boston the clear advantage in the pen (IMO). Starters also go to Boston (IMO) because even beyond Beckett, you have a ton of big stage experience in Schilling. Colorado has alot of young arms and beyond Francis, is there any of those guys that you really know what you are going to get from? I can't say i know. The Colorado pitching looked very solid in the playoffs but you have to consider the opponent too. Philly had some great numbers on offense this season but i really think they ran out of gas after their late season rally. And is there any arguing that Arizona is no juggernaut on offense. Let's be honest in saying that even though they had the best record in the N.L., their bats never scared anyone. They were outscored this season by their opponents. I don't think there is any doubt that Boston had a tougher path here (Cleveland,Anaheim,NYY), than Colorado (Arizona,Chicago,Phil.).

On Offense, these teams almost mirror each other based on regular season stats. It is amazing how many categories they are neck and neck in. So who is hotter right now? I've seen many say that it is Colorado. Once again, i disagree. The Rockies scored 7 or more runs in the Post Season once. The Red Sox, 5 times, including 3 straight. Boston has faced Carmona Twice, Sabathia Twice, Escobar and Lackey in this Post Season (4 Cy Young candidates), and the Red Sox are (5-1) in those games scoring 45 runs (7.5 per game). That says alot about the Sox (IMO). I think the hotter team on offense is Boston. Colorado won alot of 4-2 type games against Arizona and i don't see that happening against the Red Sox i guess. I like Boston in 6

As far as game 1 goes ... I for one truly believe the layoff hurts Colorado's bats a little. People say they had the same break between the Philly and Arizona series but that simply isn't true. They had 4 off days before playing Arizona and they will have had twice as much (8) before playing Boston. I have heard several Former and current players on Sports talk radio in the last 2 days and to a man, they all said this long of a layoff will hurt Colorado for at least the 1st game of the series. They all said it is virtually impossible to have your timing down while hitting off a pitching coach or playing a simulated game. I do believe it and hearing every player say it certainly makes me believe even more. I think if Beckett mixes his fast balls and sets them up with some nasty off speed pitches, he can confuse the Colorado batters here in game one and have them on their heels a little. The pressure will be there for the Rockies no doubt. This isn't just a playoff game, it is the WS and they have had alot of time to "Think" about it.

The World Series has been similiar of late to past Super Bowls. Good playoff games but not close in the Final matchup. I'm not laying the juice in Game 1 for obvious reasons (Too High), but i will play the RL and Total. 10 of the last 13 and 14 of the last 19 World Series games have been decided by 2+ Runs. With that in mind and a few things pointing to Boston in game 1, i'm going to ride it. I'm also playing the Under for reasons stated above and in hopes two guys with Post Season Era's of 1.17 & 2.13 can keep the runs to a minimum here. I'm up over +100 Units this year in bases and hopefully we can add to it here. I like Boston 5-2 in Game 1.

"Triple" ( Units)

Boston (Beckett) -1.5 ---> -101

"UNDER" (8.5) Boston/Colorado ---> +100

GOOD LUCK

placed my -1.5 +110 bet yesterday!!!!

Comment

Comment

Good Luck with the series Wayne .... I will be pulling for the Sox ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spark
              Good Luck with the series Wayne .... I will be pulling for the Sox ...

Comment

Good Luck Wayne
                2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Good luck tonight wayne, against you on Game 1...but hopefully we'll agree the rest of the series.

Comment

good luck wayne

Comment

BOL wayne.
                      Go Browns!!

Comment

GL tonight wayne.

Comment

gl to ya my bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutha----kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                            Thanks for the support uconnplayer!

Comment

gl wayne i am pulling for the dog because i love the lil people in huge games but u maybe be right on this series
                              rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

Working...
                              X