Spears NFL MNF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spears NFL MNF

Hmmmmmmm! I have to say here that this game is gonna light up the Monday Nights. Being here in Jax - it would have been awesome to attend it.
    I have mulled over this and can tell you that capping it is not the easiest one to mess with. The reasons may have to do with the intangibles of the game.

1- Indy would love keeping up with NE. (many still believe that Indy is the best team out there - NE is running up the score and some people hate that chit too and is jumping on Indys bandwagon- not really!)

2- Jax was in the national limelight with the Super Bowl recently and Indy won the Super Bowl recently. Jax can waltz back into the limelight and get its paying customers back in the seats (last weeks game with Houston was blacked out).

3- Colts coming off a bye- gives rest to Addai, Harrison, and Sanders. Harrison and Wayne have burned the Jaguars plenty, combining for four 100-yard games and eight touchdowns the last four years. Those came against veteran safeties Deon Grant and Donovin Darius.

4- Jax reporting feeling slighted as home dogs...

"We'd rather be that underdog," Peterson said. "We talk about it all the time in the locker room, being the bad guy. I'm a guy that always pulls for the bad guy in the movies. I want the bad guy to get away."

5- Colts and Jax are division leaders. As rivals they come to play hard. If there is a weak point for either team- expect it to be picked on. If there is an injury- expect it to be exploited.

For Jax it will be the safeties. Rookie Reggie Nelson (UF) and Sammy Knight. Hard Hitters but Nelson sometimes is not in the right place. He will need to be there tonight and he has taken extra practice to obtain it.
    Middle linebacker Gary Brackett was also questionable for the Jaguars after suffering an abdominal strain near the end of Thursday's practice. He was held out of Friday's workout, but got some work Saturday.

For Indy-
    Wide receiver Marvin Harrison remains questionable for the Indianapolis Colts' game against Jacksonville on Monday night because of a bruised left knee.
    Offensive guard Dylan Gandy did not practice Saturday due to an illness and also was listed as questionable.

Rookie outside linebacker Victor Worlsey (foot) was questionable, but rookie offensive tackle Tony Ugoh (ankle) practiced Friday and Saturday and should start.

Safety Bob Sanders (chest/ribs) and wide receiver Aaron Moorehead (back) also practiced Saturday after resting their injuries during Friday's workout. Both are expected to play against the Jaguars.

6- Neither team really has a "look ahead" game next. So they will leave it all on the field.

7- Been raining a lot here in Jax.
    (in a few wks the Jax play into a really nice "play against" system that hits at almost 90%. Play against any team playing its 3 straight away game.)

So what is my feel on the game? No reverse bias but this is how I truly feel the game will turn out and best bet to win.

7* Indy +4 Over 38

Sheesh- and this is coming from a Jaguar fan.
    Why Indy- Mostly because Jax secondary will be hard- pressed against the more experienced receivers. Because Peyton will feel more heat than usual but still get the ball to his tight ends and running backs to offset the rush. Because Jax has gotten progressively better but Garrard will learn something new this time around.

Why the 4 points then- Because Garrard and company may win by 3. A rushed throw by Manning and a pick off by Rashean Mathis may just do that! Nelson is no slouch at picking off a pass either.

Why over 38- Well - I am usually an under guy but both teams are reved up for big plays. Since this is such a big game for Jax ans Indy has had an extra week to prepare- going over 38 sounds better than under 52.

Good Luck All!
    Last edited by Spearit; 10-22-2007, 03:57 PM.
    "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

On the same, and now feel a little better about it. Good Luck Spearit
    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

good luck!!
      1*=$50

Crusader MM starting qb at Oregon

Comment

GL spear
        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

looks good to me Spearit----nail it

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

BOL with Indy and over tonight Spear!!!
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Good Luck Spear
              THE ART OF BEING WISE IS THE ART OF KNOWING WHAT TO OVERLOOK...

Comment

Good Luck spearit. I forgot you live right there. I took the points with Jax so a close game could make us both winners.

Comment

Very Murky tonight. Clouds amidst! Hope it stays dry.
                  "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Working...
                  X