Early thoughts on Week 8 in the NFL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chado1
    One of my biggest plays in Week 8 is going to be the Broncos....I even said this 2 weeks ago hoping that the line would be a FG or less and it is....gonna have to take this before it goes higher than the -3.0....the Packers cant run the ball and arent gonna have success against the #1 ranked pass defense in all of football.....Broncos win by at least a TD IMO...love it!!!

Broncos also have the last ranked run defense in all of football. Maybe that is why their pass defense is #1??
    You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning

Comment

Originally posted by PhilJr
      Broncos also have the last ranked run defense in all of football. Maybe that is why their pass defense is #1??
      I know...and GB doesnt run the ball at all....perfect spot...
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
        The Jets also should've beat the Giants
        You watched a different game than I watched.

The Giants had 97 more offensive yards. The Giants had better stats in almost every offensive category. Giants average 4.8 yards per rush vs. Jets 2.2. Giants 7.4 yards per pass vs. 6.0 for Jets.

The Jets had a fumble recovery and a kick return for TDs. A late INT by Eli led to a FG for the Jets to end the first half. The Jets had 1 offensive drive that led to a TD. Jets had 85 yards of offense in the 2nd half. That's not going to win many games.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03

The Giants had 97 more offensive yards. The Giants had better stats in almost every offensive category. Giants average 4.8 yards per rush vs. Jets 2.2. Giants 7.4 yards per pass vs. 6.0 for Jets.

The Jets had a fumble recovery and a kick return for TDs. A late INT by Eli led to a FG for the Jets to end the first half. The Jets had 1 offensive drive that led to a TD. Jets had 85 yards of offense in the 2nd half. That's not going to win many games.
          There ya have it folks.....

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
            I just do not see where Miami has the personnel to stop the Giants and to score themselves.....

Lost another safety
            Lost WR Chambers
            Lost Ronnie Brown
            Zach Thomas OUT

Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas will miss Sunday's game against the Giants in London because of whiplash from a car accident.
            Last edited by frankb03; 10-26-2007, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Zach Thomas OUT
              Thanks Frank...Giants should at least cover the -2.5 in my tease....

Comment

One of my biggest plays in Week 8 is going to be the Broncos....I even said this 2 weeks ago hoping that the line would be a FG or less and it is....gonna have to take this before it goes higher than the -3.0....the Packers cant run the ball and arent gonna have success against the #1 ranked pass defense in all of football.....Broncos win by at least a TD IMO...love it!!!

I also like Denver this week. GB is too one dimensional. Favre seems to be back to his more recent self of throwing INTs

Comment

I also like Denver this week. GB is too one dimensional. Favre seems to be back to his more recent self of throwing INTs

Comment

I shouldn't have said "should've" won, but that was their game, they blew it in the 2nd half.

Comment

Bills - Jets
                      this series split in seven of last eight years
                      Bills lost four of last five visits here
                      The home team is 7-2-1 ATS in the last 10 meetings.

Comment

Not touching the Jets game. One of the first games I threw out right off the bat.
                        MLB (2014): (3-4) -.9 units

Comment

Originally posted by weazel079
                          Not touching the Jets game. One of the first games I threw out right off the bat.
                          I could be completely wrong, I have been before, but I just think the Jets don't lose this game, they've looked so bad, of course everyone's gonna think take the Bills, but really these teams are close, and the Jets historically beat the Bills at home, I don't see that changing this year. Love home teams in the NFL, especially when they're laying 2.5 points against the Bills. There's probably one team I wouldn't lay 2.5 with at home against the Bills, the Dolphins.

Comment

Originally posted by weazel079
                            Same...this one and that garbage Browns/Rams game...

Comment

Same...this one and that garbage Browns/Rams game...
                              I like the Rams in this spot. It'll be one of my plays this weekend.

Sometimes the garbage games are the best games to bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
                                I like Miami +
                                IMO with this game being played in London there's too many unknowns.

Comment

Working...
                                X