Clear All

• CFB Week 8

20* 1-0 +20 (5-0 +105 units all sports)
    15* 2-0 +30
    10* 10-4 +61.5
    7* 0-3 -23
    5* 16-9 +26
    31-24 +109 units overall

Here is how I see the games so far this week.........

Thursday

Rutgers +3 As bad as I dont want to believe it the linesmakers are telling me that the dream season for the Bulls is over......This line has a smell to it!!!! I really cant believe that the Bulls who held down the most potent rushing attack in the Big East is going to lose to the one man show of Ray Rice but so far thats the way I see it. I hope Im wrong!!!!!!!!! and hopefully I change my mind before Thursday

TCU -3.5 Suprisingly TCU has not played very good defense the last few weeks but I think that at home and vs Utah they will turn it around. Utah is not an offensive juggernaut so it is possible for the Frogs to shut them down or at least contain them. The good news is that the offense has taken a step in the right direction and I am seeing a 21-10 TCU win right now........

Friday

UCONN +3.5 I am loving this game right now!!!!!!!!! Louisville comes off a big win over Cincy Im still not sure how they held the Cincy offense down but that plays right into the hands of the Huskies.......UCONN will score early and often vs the Cards I see them handing Louisville another embarrassing loss on ESPN......UCONN SU 42-28!!!!!!!!

Saturday

Indiana +7.5 I think that Penn St will go back to being a normal team again this week as its on the road and vs team that will put some points on the board and with a running QB that always seems to give PSU trouble........Im not going to call for the outright win in this game but it wouldnt surprise me if the Hoosiers didnt win either but for now Im saying....PSU 27-24.......

Navy +3 Middies coming off a big OT win over Pitt and WF comes in with an emotional win over Fla St. I like Navy at home getting points going against a team thats not as good as advertised and after last week everyone will be playing the Deamon Deacons.....not that I blame them since Pitt actually looked like they had an offense last week vs Navys D which we all know that they dont!!!!! Anyway this one is on radar for now but most likely wont make the final card because its hard for me to put my money on a team that cant stop PITT........but if I do it will be on the ML........

Wyomiing +3 I really like the Cowboys in this spot......They played terrible last week and AF beat the crap out of Colo St who is one of their main rivals. I am still not sold on this AF team and think that Wyo will go to COl Springs and get the SU victory......it will be a ML if played....WYO 24-17!!!!!!!

Alabama -1 I love this Crimson Tide in this spot!!!!!! Tenn comes in with all the hype and not the better team and definitely not with the better coach!!!!! This one falls into unranked over ranked and Ala falls into my rushing system that I use so this will be play for sure and it will be a BIG ONE!!!!!!!! ALABAMA by at least 10!!!!!!!!!!!

Washington +11 Huskies are better at home and Locker plays so much better at home. Oregon has USC on deck and you cant tell me that the Ducks wont be looking ahead because who doesnt look forward to playing the USC Trojans in the PAC 10........I like home dogs and I think that Oregon will sneak out of Washington with a 4 point win.........Oregon 31-27.........

Kansas St +3 Wildcats looked impressive last weekend and beat Colorado while OK St was beating the hell out of Nebraska at Lincoln. Cowboys are good but they could be looking ahead to a big showdown with the Longhorns but really I dont think it will matter because the Cowboys arent as good as they played against NEB.....I mean A&M beat them for crying out loud........Anyway if I play this one it will be the ML and the dog........

Illinois +3 I called for this one last week when I said that Ill would be looking to this game instead of paying attention to the Hawkeyes and I was right on with a big ML winner!!!!!!! and now its time for them to shine again by beating the Michigan Wolverines...........Mich hasnt stopped a decent spread offense in a couple of years and I think that Ill is going to get some revenge for all the beatdowns they have taken in last few years. I am calling for the SU victory in this one and I can see Ill winning by 2 TD's..............Illinois 42-28!!!!!!!!!!!

That is alot of games and I WILL NOT be playing all of them but I some will make my final card.............Back later in the week with actual plays.......Let me know what you think and who you like.........Last week some of you saved me on a couple of plays........I know for sure one saved me on Col St and I was sure glad that I took a second look after they warned me..........

lewis
    Follow me @RR_SportsPicks
    Winning isn't everything it's the only thing!!!!!

Love Kansas State again this weekend too Lewis! Good luck buddy!

Comment

Love the write ups buddy! GL to you!

Comment

hard to believe but here are a few more that I am looking at:

Missouri
        Florida St
        Arizona
        Texas A&M (think I finally found a team with a worse coach than Franchione)

lewis

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
          Love Kansas State again this weekend too Lewis! Good luck buddy!

thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
            Love the write ups buddy! GL to you!
            they seem to help me..........not sure why but they do

GL

Comment

pretty high on wyoming.

af will struggle to score consistently (if at all) against them, and win over colo st was nothing to get exctied over for AF.

Comment

I also love the write ups....however, I dont' agree with the Mich/ILL analysis.....Ill doesn't really run that traditional spread offense that Oregon or App St. Ran. When I saw this line (and the past 3 MICH lines for that matter) I was pumped. Mich (a supposed top 5 team), only laying 2.5 to a good (but not great) ILL team? I like it. I think ILL is for real....and give them a LOT of love....but still think that Mich rolls in this one....is mike hart going to play?
                1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

Florida state? REALLY?! why? Do you think that Miami is overrated? or FSU is underrated? I liked miami in this one?
                  1 = $25

Comment

Originally posted by molta02
                    pretty high on wyoming.

af will struggle to score consistently (if at all) against them, and win over colo st was nothing to get exctied over for AF.
                    looking for a ML winner on that one.........

Comment

Originally posted by vondie
                      I also love the write ups....however, I dont' agree with the Mich/ILL analysis.....Ill doesn't really run that traditional spread offense that Oregon or App St. Ran. When I saw this line (and the past 3 MICH lines for that matter) I was pumped. Mich (a supposed top 5 team), only laying 2.5 to a good (but not great) ILL team? I like it. I think ILL is for real....and give them a LOT of love....but still think that Mich rolls in this one....is mike hart going to play?
                      I have read that he is and I expect him to play. I do see what you are saying about their spread offense but all the teams mentioned including Ohio St from last year ran some form of the spread and they had a mobile QB which Ill has as well. Mobile Qb's give them fits in the spread offense and I see it happening again this week. I just wish that Zook would make his mind up on which QB he wants to play with and stick with him. thanks for your insight and gl this weekend
                      Last edited by lewis; 10-16-2007, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vondie
                        Florida state? REALLY?! why? Do you think that Miami is overrated? or FSU is underrated? I liked miami in this one?
                        I think that both teams have great defenses but I would give the advantage on offense to FSU not by much but an edge.......I most likely will not play this game but when I saw the line I wondered why they were favored by almost a TD over a team that is basically the same.........All defense and no offense??? Anyway, if you like Miami dont change your mind because of me but the line does look strange.....IMO

GL

Comment

Lewis- hey man, great wrtie ups! I do not know too much about capping, but reading write ups like these sure help!

It seems you feel that Uconn and Iliinois are two of your strongest plays, would that be correct?

Comment

gl to ya Lewis---kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by lewis
                              I think that both teams have great defenses but I would give the advantage on offense to FSU not by much but an edge.......I most likely will not play this game but when I saw the line I wondered why they were favored by almost a TD over a team that is basically the same.........All defense and no offense??? Anyway, if you like Miami dont change your mind because of me but the line does look strange.....IMO

GL
                              Good points....thanks for the responses! GL this weekend.
                              1 = $25

Comment

Working...
                              X