• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Miami Alum to Be Proud of

Steelers back Davenport charged with domestic violence
    Oct. 12, 2007
    CBSSports.com wire reports

CLEVELAND -- Pittsburgh Steelers running back Najeh Davenport was charged with domestic violence, child endangering and unlawful restraint in a custody-related confrontation with the mother of his five-year-old son.

Chief Michael McGrath said Thursday night that Davenport would be given a chance to surrender for a court appearance on the misdemeanors. If convicted, he could face a sentence of 14 months.

Police said the Oct. 4 dispute involved Anita Person and custody of their son.

According to police, Person said Davenport was picking up the child for a court-approved visit and threatened to keep him. She said Davenport drove off as she unbuckled the child's seatbelt and then slapped and choked her and slammed her to the ground while she held the boy.

According to Davenport, Person became upset over his plans to seek custody. According to Davenport, she climbed into the back seat of the moving car, kneeled on his two-year-old son and grabbed the five-year-old, then scratched Davenport's face outside the car.

The five-year-old suffered a swollen lip.

Davenport could not be reached for comment Friday. Messages were left for him at the offices of the team and his agent. A phone listing for Davenport rang unanswered.

AP NEWS
    The Associated Press News Service

Another thug that needs a
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

He was the one charged when he was in College for Taking a shit in a laundry basket of some girl who rejected him

Comment

Isn't he the same thug that took a dump on his ex-girlfriends closet after breaking in to her apartment?
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
          Isn't he the same thug that took a dump on his ex-girlfriends closet after breaking in to her apartment?
          Do you read the threads?

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
            Do you read the threads?
            Do you expect me to read every post in a 3 post long thread??? how much time do you think I have????

Sorry....
            Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Do you expect me to read every post in a 3 post long thread??? how much time do you think I have????

Sorry....

Comment

Sorry....

Comment

Working...
                X