Steinbrenner HAS SPOKEN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steinbrenner HAS SPOKEN!!

Just came on espn 2 minutes ago... The boss said if yanks lose the series, Torre is OUT!!!

GOOD!!!
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

As the Yankees stand on the brink of elimination in the first round of the playoffs for the third season in a row, owner George Steinbrenner says longtime manager Joe Torre needs his team to advance to the ALCS if he wants to keep managing the club.

"His job is on the line," Steinbrenner told The Bergen Record. "I think we're paying him a lot of money. He's the highest-paid manager in baseball, so I don't think we'd take him back if we don't win this series."

Torre makes $7 million a season and is in the final year of his contract.

The Cleveland Indians lead the Yankees 2-0 in their American League Division Series.

In Sunday's Game 3 at Yankee Stadium, Roger Clemens will take the mound for New York while Jake Westbrook will start for Cleveland.

During his 12 years leading the Yankees, Torre has taken the Bronx Bombers to 12 consecutive playoff appearances and four World Series titles.

"He's been good for us over the years," Steinbrenner acknowledged to the paper.

Steinbrenner also had some choice words about retiring veteran umpire Bruce Froemming and his decision to play through the late-game bug infestation during Friday's Game 2 extra-inning victory for the Indians.

"The umpire was full of [expletive]," Steinbrenner told the paper. "He won't umpire our games anymore."

The wide-ranging interview with The Bergen Record also touched on Alex Rodriguez's future and Steinbrenner's health.

"I think we'll re-sign him," Steinbrenner said of A-Rod. "I think he's going to have a good run the rest of the [postseason]. I think he realizes New York is the place to be, the place to play. A lot of this [postseason] is laying on his shoulders, you know, but I think he's up to it."

The 77-year-old owner, who told the paper he maintains full control over the Yankees, downplayed reports of his ill health.

"I'm doing all right," he told The Record. "I'm fine."
      Last edited by TMAC951; 10-07-2007, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMAC951
        "I think we'll re-sign him," Steinbrenner said of A-Rod. "I think he's going to have a good run the rest of the [postseason][/B]
        BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The rest of the postseason...what about fuckin game 2 when Arod had like 1,064 oppotunities to do something and fuckin shit the bed......

They are done Steinbrenner....sorry to say...Gay Rod is a playoff choke artist and has went like 4 for 50.....GARBAGE!!!!!!
        SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Great timing asshole!!!

Threat through intimidation may work on someone who needs the job and money......will not work with Joe....he will not manage any differently......

what a blowhard move

Comment

I guess George expects more on his 200+ million dollar investment

Comment

Hey George

I didnt see Torre pitching, fielding or hitting in any of these games

Arod has to hit of course, but his name isnt filling every spot in the lineup. There are many others getting paid nicely that havent done either

Last I knew, it was a TEAM sport

I am a Yanks fan, but until they pay me to get bent out of shape over them losing I'll have a few drinks and laugh everytime they leave guys in scoring position.
              He who wears diaper knows his shit - Confucius

Comment

George is a prick!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TMAC951
                  Steinbrenner also had some choice words about retiring veteran umpire Bruce Froemming and his decision to play through the late-game bug infestation during Friday's Game 2 extra-inning victory for the Indians.

"The umpire was full of [expletive]," Steinbrenner told the paper. "He won't umpire our games anymore."
                  Steinbrenner is a sore loser. I'd have to believe bugs are far more distracting to the batters than a pitcher. The Yanks didn't lose because Jaba was distracted. It was a convenient excuse.

Comment

what a classless act by the rich, but fvkn dumb ass Steinbrenner.....

Right in the middle of the series, put undue pressure on the Mgr and team......these guys make enough $ to be able to say, fvk you and your series George.....we'll all just fvkn go home.....

Wonder if he ever heard of Motivating, and what Torre has done the last 12 years, would be appreciated by 99.9 % of the owners....

Not fvk head George.......IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
                      what a classless act by the rich, but fvkn dumb ass Steinbrenner.....

Right in the middle of the series, put undue pressure on the Mgr and team......these guys make enough $ to be able to say, fvk you and your series George.....we'll all just fvkn go home.....

Wonder if he ever heard of Motivating, and what Torre has done the last 12 years, would be appreciated by 99.9 % of the owners....

Not fvk head George.......IMO
                      I somehow think in George's demented mind he made this statement to motivate his team.

Comment

Glad the bugs stopped when Cleveland was pitching. Only GS could complain about this.

Do owners or home teams dictate whether an umpire can or can't call a game?

Comment

Working...
                        X