No announcement yet.

Early thoughts on Week 5 in the NFL...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early thoughts on Week 5 in the NFL...

Jags -1 @ KC?

Lean to Jags after the bye and KC isnt as good as they showed last week in the 2nd half in SD......

Lions +4 @ Washington?

Lean to the Lions to keep this game within a FG as they have looked amazing offensively.....

Seahawks @ Steelers -6.0?

Lean to them to bounce back and win by at least a TD coming back home....

Jets +3.5 @ Giants?

Are the Giants gonna sack Pennington 12 times? YEA RIGHT...Jets should win this one outright....Giants D isnt half as good as what they showed last week vs. Philly...the Eagles had some serious protection problems.....

Tampa Bay +11 @ Indy?

Are the Bucs and Jeff Garcia for real? We will find out this Sunday.....

Ravens -3.0 @ 49ers?

49ers offense shouldnt be able to score more than single digits in this one...Ravens by at least a FG after last weeks "off week" defensive performance seems like a good inital lean for me....

Bears @ Packers -3.0?

The Bears answer is Griese.... I think not....dude played almost worse than Grossman last week...Packers should go 5-0 this Sunday and Favre is hotter than ever.....lean to the Pack here....

Last edited by Chado1; 10-02-2007, 10:55 AM.
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

I like the NO Saints to finally win at home against David Carr. The Ravens should beat the Niners, but the Ravens look pretty weak also

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
      I like the NO Saints to finally win at home against David Carr. The Ravens should beat the Niners, but the Ravens look pretty weak also
      I dont know what to think with the Saints anymore.....

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
        I dont know what to think with the Saints anymore.....
        I would normally like the Packers at home, but scare situation with the Pack already 4-0 and the Bears 1-3.

Comment

I like the Jags, Washington, Steelers, Giants, Tampa, San Fran, and the Bears in the games listed above

Jags should wear KC down with the run game.

Detroit had 3 points through 3 quarters. Bears had a bunch of turnovers. Washington for real this year imo.

Steelers shut down the running game and bounce back from road loss.

Giants playing a lot better. Bills shut down the Jets offense. Not sold on the Jets at all.

Indy wins, but TB keeps it close.

Baltimore looks old. QB play is pitiful for them. Under may be a better way to go.

Not sold on Favre and this Packer team either. Bears a lot better team than the way they've been playing.

Comment

I have to really look into these plays later in the week, but my first instinct is that the Bears and Dolphins could win outright, because of their situation, just like the Falcons last week. All the stats will point the other way, but things just have a way of evening out. Chargers also

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
              I like the Jags, Washington, Steelers, Giants, Tampa, San Fran, and the Bears in the games listed above

Jags should wear KC down with the run game.

Detroit had 3 points through 3 quarters. Bears had a bunch of turnovers. Washington for real this year imo.

Steelers shut down the running game and bounce back from road loss.

Giants playing a lot better. Bills shut down the Jets offense. Not sold on the Jets at all.

Indy wins, but TB keeps it close.

Baltimore looks old. QB play is pitiful for them. Under may be a better way to go.

Not sold on Favre and this Packer team either. Bears a lot better team than the way they've been playing.
              I agree with the Redskins and Bears, and Seahawks are bad on the road, so maybe Pittsburgh as well.

Comment

Yea now that you mention it KB...the under in that Balt / SF game might be a good play...total is real low at 35.5 however...but still see a 13-10 type game.....

Comment

Originally posted by BigWeiner
                  I have to really look into these plays later in the week, but my first instinct is that the Bears and Dolphins could win outright, because of their situation, just like the Falcons last week. All the stats will point the other way, but things just have a way of evening out. Chargers also
                  Chargers @ Broncos -1 is real tough to call.....both teams struggling.....

Comment

On the games you listed

Jags -1 @ KC?

Lean to Jags after the bye and KC isnt as good as they showed last week in the 2nd half in SD......

Wouldn't touch it with a 51 foot pole

Lions +4 @ Washington?

Lean to the Lions to keep this game within a FG as they have looked amazing offensively.....

No thoughts as of yet

Seahawks @ Steelers -6.0?

Lean to them to bounce back and win by at least a TD coming back home....

I like the Steelers here, but then again I liked them last week

Jets +3.5 @ Giants?

Are the Giants gonna sack Pennington 12 times? YEA RIGHT...Jets should win this one outright....Giants D isnt half as good as what they showed last week vs. Philly...the Eagles had some serious protection problems.....

They may sack Pennington 13 times. No Play

Tampa Bay +11 @ Indy?

Are the Bucs and Jeff Garcia for real? We will find out this Sunday.....

A team who lost there starting RB and tackle and has banged up receivers, on the road versus a top 2 team in the league will not get my money

Ravens -3.0 @ 49ers?

49ers offense shouldnt be able to score more than single digits in this one...Ravens by at least a FG after last weeks "off week" defensive performance seems like a good inital lean for me....

Ravens opponent last week shouldn't have scored either. No Smith for SF, even though the Ravens offense looks as bad as always I would agree with you, but then again I had the Ravens last week

Bears @ Packers -3.0?

The Bears answer is Griese.... I think not....dude played almost worse than Grossman last week...Packers should go 5-0 this Sunday and Favre is hotter than ever.....lean to the Pack here....

Big Time rival games I tend to stay away from. Anything can happen here. Griese was terrible last week, but the reason he finally got the start was historically he does not make those mistakes. There has to be better out there to play.

NO, Houston and Pitt all at home are the ones I like initially
                    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Great input guys...keep em comin.....

Comment

I like the Jags a lot this week....I know deep down that KC sucks royally and will be exposed once they play some tough teams.

Comment

Originally posted by drugstuntman
                          I like the Jags a lot this week....I know deep down that KC sucks royally and will be exposed once they play some tough teams.
                          Agree with you there.....

Comment

Dolphins/Texans
                            I am reminded of a couple years ago when the Phins were double digit favorites, biggest on opening day ever if I recal correctly and lost in Houston outright. Zach Thomas is the key and with them at 0-4 with no chance of playoffs I dont see him rushing back too soon. Another top 10 draft pick for the phins this year. Houston wins this by 10.

Indy/TB
                            Cadillac and Petigout gone for the year. Bucs are not as good as they have shown. Indy will score on them as they did against a better Bronco defense. Indy in a rout.

Skins/Lions
                            Lions seem to be for real. If they aren't someone forgot to tell them. Their offense will be able to keep this game close as Washington's offense is nothing special. This has 3 point win or less written all over it. Gimme anything more than 3.

Dallas/Buffalo
                            Even if it is in Buffalo and on Monday night, the Bills are not as good as they played last week. Edwards will not throw for 250+ against this defense. National spotlight helps Dallas win by 2 touchdowns.

Pitt/Seattle
                            I actually like the points here. Getting 6.5 right now with my guy I am taking them small to start as I think the line will go up. Hines Ward is hurting and I am waiting on his status for this game. Seattle will keep this close as Big Ben is not as good a QB as he has shown so far. He makes a mistake or 2 to keep this game within a touchdown. 24-20 final... could go either way.

All I like for right now.
                            NFL System - Year 1
                            Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
                            Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
                            Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
                            Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
                            Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
                            Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
                            Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
                            Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
                            Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
                            Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units