Question for the board....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the board....

I am pretty sure it doesn't apply to either of tonight's teams ( Colo/SD) but if one played a season wins props play, would tonight's game count?

It seems that it is considered a regular season game, since Holliday is going for the batting title, and Peavy for 20 wins, so the stats count. And the prop is for "regular season wins," so would this be applicable here? And any other props for the regular season?

TY in advance.
    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

I do not think it counts. It is based on 162 games

Comment

I agree with Wayne.

Comment

I'm 99% sure both went over their win total this season anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
          I'm 99% sure both went over their win total this season anyway.
          I imagine that is true, but I was wondering where Vegas stands on a technicality like this. If the title of the prop is "Regular season Wins" and this is , for all statistical purposes, a reg season game, there could be a dispute, if it did matter.
          You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandPa
            I imagine that is true, but I was wondering where Vegas stands on a technicality like this. If the title of the prop is "Regular season Wins" and this is , for all statistical purposes, a reg season game, there could be a dispute, if it did matter.
            Actually Grandpa, a "Regular" season game is one that appears on the schedule and this game did not. It was a "Added" game.

Comment

Makes sense. Thanks, bro!

Comment

What about if you had Holiday "over" so many home runs and the one he hit tonight put it "over"

Comment

stats, such as era, bat avg, rbi, etc count towards the regular season as being included, per MLB.....

Now, season bets for wagering, are cut off at 162 games.........they don't count, or I have never heard of em counting....

A play off game is considered regular season by MLB for stats......A play off game is NOT considered regular season for wagering purposes IMO

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Holliday captured the RBI title and batting title in Game 163, as well as scoring the game-winning run ( kinda)

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                      What about if you had Holiday "over" so many home runs and the one he hit tonight put it "over"
                      The HR would count for MLB official stats, and not count toward any season wagering, as the season was officially over by wagering standards.....162 games.....

Most books, show the following "playoffs not included", or stipulate "regualr season" games....

This was not a reg season game, as it was not scheduled, it's considered a playoff game, to determine who goes to the playoffs.....

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain
                        The HR would count for MLB official stats, and not count toward any season wagering, as the season was officially over by wagering standards.....162 games.....

Most books, show the following "playoffs not included", or stipulate "regualr season" games....

This was not a reg season game, as it was not scheduled, it's considered a playoff game, to determine who goes to the playoffs.....
                        Thanks Kapt

Comment

I think the game for mlb purposes was considered game 163 of the regular season for these 2 teams. How the books count it, I don't know.

Comment

Colorado's record is listed as 90-73. All stats from the game count as a regular season game, as far as MLB is concerned, hence the BA and RBI stats giving Holliday the titles.

There have been 7 of these such games in history, so it does not happen often.

Nobody has chimed in that had any prop plays that were affected, so I am still curious as to how the books reacted.

Comment

Working...
                            X