No announcement yet.

Where those Mut fans at????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One thing that irks me, all season when the Mets were doing well, they got next to zero press both here in NY and nationwide... i'd watch Sportscenter and the rest of ESPN shows and all they would talk about was Yankees, Yankee highlights, will the Yankees make the playoffs, what's wrong with the Yanks, which shirt will Arod Schma-rod's wife wear next... and you had to watch for 2 hours to see a 2 minute story about the Mets win... now that they're losing, they're all anyone can talk about, hour long discussions about the team.... where was the interest in them when they were doing well?
    If you ask me, the thing they need most is some kind of team psychiatrist... they probably weren't as good as they were when they were winning, they're not as bad as they're playing now, once they got into their losing streak they started playing like a team who didn't believe they could win, and they started pressing, playing tight and stiff, making all the defensive, base running, and pitching mistakes that a losing team makes.... as opposed to the way the Phils have been playing like they're posessed thinking they can't lose.....
    Now it will take a minor miracle to accomplish something that seemed so easy a couple of weeks ago, but just like all the late inning bullpen meltdowns that have cost so many of us what looked like sure wins over the year, the season ain't over till it's over and i won't be counting the Mets out until the time comes that they're really out
    "That ain't working, that's the way you do it... get your money for nothing and your picks for free"

Comment

Originally posted by BigMike
      Honestly, no one gives a shit what other people think of us philly fans. This discussion/arguement is so tired and annoying. You have a small snapshot of the fans and you base your opinion on that. Everyone buys into the shit that comes from ESPN and other broadcasters. Santa Claus, batteries, cheering when Irvin got hurt, snowballs at Jimmy Johnson blah blah blah. You can go to any football stadium on any given Sunday and find these so called classless fans. Listen to the players they will tell you what kind of fans are at the games. With an exception here and there most love playing in Philly. And most never leave after the term is done here or they retire. Give it a rest, I have seen plenty of NY fans in action to know that they are no better then Philly fans.
      Big Mike, a little on edge, eh? I can't speak for anyone but myself, but you must have not read my post because A) my opinions are based on what I have seen, not what I have read or heard and B) I said I know it is not fair to indict an entire fan base over a few thousand fans. Having said that, I have been to Yankee stadium and rooted for the Sox and Mets on numerous occasions, in the bleachers on some occasions, and never felt uncomfortable. I have been to a Jet home game and rooted for the Giants and never felt uncomfortable. I have gone to the LI Moselium and rooted for the Rangers against the Islanders and never felt uncomfortable. After my first Giants/Eagles game, I would not openly root for the Giants sitting in the 700 section any of the other 4 Giant/Eagle games I went to. It was violent and ugly each time.

By no means are NY fans angels...we are obnoxious, rude and condescending (especially Yankee fans). But there was a court room and a jail in the Vet for a reason.

Btw, congrats on winning the NL East. While I am not giving up, this team gives me zero reason to believe right now.
      Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Originally posted by phonepole
        One thing that irks me, all season when the Mets were doing well, they got next to zero press both here in NY and nationwide... i'd watch Sportscenter and the rest of ESPN shows and all they would talk about was Yankees, Yankee highlights, will the Yankees make the playoffs, what's wrong with the Yanks, which shirt will Arod Schma-rod's wife wear next... and you had to watch for 2 hours to see a 2 minute story about the Mets win... now that they're losing, they're all anyone can talk about, hour long discussions about the team.... where was the interest in them when they were doing well?
        If you ask me, the thing they need most is some kind of team psychiatrist... they probably weren't as good as they were when they were winning, they're not as bad as they're playing now, once they got into their losing streak they started playing like a team who didn't believe they could win, and they started pressing, playing tight and stiff, making all the defensive, base running, and pitching mistakes that a losing team makes.... as opposed to the way the Phils have been playing like they're posessed thinking they can't lose.....
        Now it will take a minor miracle to accomplish something that seemed so easy a couple of weeks ago, but just like all the late inning bullpen meltdowns that have cost so many of us what looked like sure wins over the year, the season ain't over till it's over and i won't be counting the Mets out until the time comes that they're really out
        I disagree about the pub but who cares either way? The team pschiatrist is supposed to be the Manager and Randolph has done a shit job. If the miss the playoffs, or make the playoffs and lose in the first round, he and Peterson MUST go!
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Shit This Is Looking Good

Comment

Originally posted by Three Jack
            Big Mike, a little on edge, eh? I can't speak for anyone but myself, but you must have not read my post because A) my opinions are based on what I have seen, not what I have read or heard and B) I said I know it is not fair to indict an entire fan base over a few thousand fans. Having said that, I have been to Yankee stadium and rooted for the Sox and Mets on numerous occasions, in the bleachers on some occasions, and never felt uncomfortable. I have been to a Jet home game and rooted for the Giants and never felt uncomfortable. I have gone to the LI Moselium and rooted for the Rangers against the Islanders and never felt uncomfortable. After my first Giants/Eagles game, I would not openly root for the Giants sitting in the 700 section any of the other 4 Giant/Eagle games I went to. It was violent and ugly each time.

By no means are NY fans angels...we are obnoxious, rude and condescending (especially Yankee fans). But there was a court room and a jail in the Vet for a reason.

Btw, congrats on winning the NL East. While I am not giving up, this team gives me zero reason to believe right now.

GOOD! That's what home field advantage is all about. NO ONE should feel comfortable going into another teams stadium. I just went to the eagles/skins monday night game with a buddy of mine who wore his skins shirt.....HE GOT IT GOOD! they laid in to him.....and guess who didn't cheer loudly the whole game? no one hit him with anything, no one threathend him physically, but he knew he was not welcome....that's what it's all about. and it has nothing to do with class....it's about protecting your home field....which we in philly do better than anyone else.....WEAR IT!!!!!
            1 = $25

MLB Posted (as of 4/15) - 20-11 +21.86

God have mercy on the man who doubts what he's sure of

Comment

Originally posted by vondie
              GOOD! That's what home field advantage is all about. NO ONE should feel comfortable going into another teams stadium. I just went to the eagles/skins monday night game with a buddy of mine who wore his skins shirt.....HE GOT IT GOOD! they laid in to him.....and guess who didn't cheer loudly the whole game? no one hit him with anything, no one threathend him physically, but he knew he was not welcome....that's what it's all about. and it has nothing to do with class....it's about protecting your home field....which we in philly do better than anyone else.....WEAR IT!!!!!
              You're a piece of shit just like all other LOSER philly fans

Comment

How is that protecting your home field? Exactly when are you between the hashmarks? The only people who can protect the home field are the players on the field. Being a shitty person to others just makes you a shitty human being. Nothing more cuz Fans need to realize it is a game.

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                  How is that protecting your home field? Exactly when are you between the hashmarks? The only people who can protect the home field are the players on the field. Being a shitty person to others just makes you a shitty human being. Nothing more cuz Fans need to realize it is a game.
                  well i guess it all depends on what you care about....if you have to spend all day moderating an internet forum, you don't have much time to get out and cheer for your team and make sure that there's more people cheering for your team than the opposing team. I once went to DC to cheer on my eagles....I def heard it....and I enjoyed it....it's awesome being on the other side and being one of the few being proud of your boys.
                  1 = $25

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
                    You're a piece of shit just like all other LOSER philly fans
                    waaaaa waaaaaaaaaa, wayne!!! people aren't being nice to meeeeeeeeeeeee, someone tend to the cows while i learn to count.
                    1 = $25

Comment

well i guess it all depends on what you care about....if you have to spend all day moderating an internet forum, you don't have much time to get out and cheer for your team and make sure that there's more people cheering for your team than the opposing team. I once went to DC to cheer on my eagles....I def heard it....and I enjoyed it....it's awesome being on the other side and being one of the few being proud of your boys.
                      I've been to a ton of games buddy and when i'm usually here, your ass is logged in right beside me.

Comment

HE GOT IT GOOD! they laid in to him.....and guess who didn't cheer loudly the whole game? no one hit him with anything, no one threathend him physically, but he knew he was not welcome....
                        Huh? Not rooting for your own team? Either your friend is a major wuss or there were alot of obnoxious loudmouth bullies in Philly that day.. and people give NY fans a bad rep? At least, as 3Jack said, he's gone into opposing stadiums and enjoyed rooting for his own team... How the hell is intimidating a fan out of having a good time protecting your home field? How does that put points on your team's scoreboard?
                        "That ain't working, that's the way you do it... get your money for nothing and your picks for free"

Comment

Huh? Not rooting for your own team? Either your friend is a major wuss or there were alot of obnoxious loudmouth bullies in Philly that day.. and people give NY fans a bad rep? At least, as 3Jack said, he's gone into opposing stadiums and enjoyed rooting for his own team... How the hell is intimidating a fan out of having a good time protecting your home field? How does that put points on your team's scoreboard?
                          EXACTLY

I guess being an asshole to others is fun?

Comment

Love you Vondie
                            Last edited by kbsooner21; 09-29-2007, 12:15 AM.

Comment

I went to the Broncos game last year in Foxboro with a couple Denver fans and they got a little ribbing but nothing more. It was all in good fun and we had a blast. Just how it should be.

Comment

waaaaa waaaaaaaaaa, wayne!!! people aren't being nice to meeeeeeeeeeeee, someone tend to the cows while i learn to count.

LOL...post of the year!!!

somebody tend to the cows while i learn to count.....Bwhahahahahahahahahah!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X