Question for Giants fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Giants fans

Are you all tired of Jeremy Shockey? I can't stand the guy. In my opinion, he's not near as good as he thinks he is. Then the penalty he got for spiking the ball and killing the drive they were on, he has no remorse for. Always coming up with excuses for why he has a bad game and what not. I'm not a Giants fan by any means, so I was wondering what you all thought and if I'm being too hard on the guy?

Originally posted by kbsooner21
    Are you all tired of Jeremy Shockey? I can't stand the guy. In my opinion, he's not near as good as he thinks he is. Then the penalty he got for spiking the ball and killing the drive they were on, he has no remorse for. Always coming up with excuses for why he has a bad game and what not. I'm not a Giants fan by any means, so I was wondering what you all thought and if I'm being too hard on the guy?
    Shockey is the least of their problems......

Focuse should be on that high-school defense they got....

Worst defense other than Cincy's that I have seen so far....
    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
      Shockey is the least of their problems......

Focuse should be on that high-school defense they got....

Worst defense other than Cincy's that I have seen so far....
      Scratch that....

Giants have THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL right now as they have given up 80 points in 2 games.....
      SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

I am down on him and have been for 3 yrs. Talks too much, too many little injuries, dumb penalties, too demonstrative when they don't throw him the ball, drops too many passes, calls out the coach and the QB, doesn't participate in off season work outs...other than that, he is an All Pro!

I like guys that keep their mouth shut and show up and play every Sunday. They are few and far between on this team.
        Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

I think Shockey is (or should be) one of the top 5 TEs in the league. That being said I despise how he plays football. I love guys with emotion but give me a fucking break. You get paid to make catches and first downs. Catch the ball. STFU and get back in the huddle.

IMO most NY fans have tired of Shockey's antics.

All that being said the stupid penalty he took didn't cost the Giants the game. Their defense is so bad. They can't stop teams when needed.
          Last edited by frankb03; 09-17-2007, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chado1
            Scratch that....

Giants have THE WORST DEFENSE IN THE NFL right now as they have given up 80 points in 2 games.....
            2nd worst. Right now I'd say the worst is the Bengals. Giving up 51 points to the Browns?

The Browns scored more points in yesterday's game then their previous 5 games combined. Derek Anderson?

Comment

i hate shockey. but i think he is a good player. he has a piss poor attitude. the Giants problem is the D. its terrible. and the O line isnt that much better. 5-11 if the giants are lucky this year
              2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

In no way am I saying Shockey is the Giants problems, I just saw highlights of him getting that penalty last night, and wondered if Giants fans feel the same way I do about him.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                  i hate shockey. but i think he is a good player. he has a piss poor attitude. the Giants problem is the D. its terrible. and the O line isnt that much better. 5-11 if the giants are lucky this year
                  Have you looked at their schedule. I can't see them winning 4 games with their D.

Comment

In no way am I saying Shockey is the Giants problems, I just saw highlights of him getting that penalty last night, and wondered if Giants fans feel the same way I do about him.
                    It obviously had no bearing on last night's game.

Why wasn't a penalty called on the NE receiver for doing the same? There's no way all the refs missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by 10DimeBry
                      that is a normal attitude from someone from thug university
                      rjeremy for my accounts manager/i love how he keeps numbers

Comment

He plays with way too much emotion. but lets not be too critical and Amani Toomer also got flagged for a penalty for taunting I believe and that set them back from a 4th and 2 to missing out on an opportunity for something again.

He is not the only one responsible for bonehead plays, but he does make too many of them. At 27 he should have grown up by now.
                        NFL System - Year 1
                        Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
                        Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
                        Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
                        Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
                        Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
                        Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
                        Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
                        Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
                        Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
                        Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units

Comment

Originally posted by xstac2169
                          He plays with way too much emotion. but lets not be too critical and Amani Toomer also got flagged for a penalty for taunting I believe and that set them back from a 4th and 2 to missing out on an opportunity for something again.

He is not the only one responsible for bonehead plays, but he does make too many of them. At 27 he should have grown up by now.
                          I agree, but at least Toomer came out and apologized for it. Shockey said something to the affect of, that's how I play, and I need to find another profession if that's how they want to penalize it. IMO acting like he is above the rules and showing no remorse for breaking them.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                            2nd worst. Right now I'd say the worst is the Bengals. Giving up 51 points to the Browns?

The Browns scored more points in yesterday's game then their previous 5 games combined. Derek Anderson?
                            I AGREE WITH THAT ITS NOT LIKE THE BROWNS CAN SCORE LIKE INDY

Comment

Originally posted by xstac2169

With Shockey, it is the same crap game after game, year after year. Toomer inexplicablty lost his cool but I am more forgiving with someone who has not displyed this as a pattern of behavior and he at least acknowledged he was wrong and apologized to the team for it.
                              Three Jack's Record http://www.bettorschat.com/forums/sh...10#post1323910

Comment

Working...
                              X