Excel Program Superbowl Matchup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Program Superbowl Matchup

I wrote my Excel Program three years ago. After each team has 5 games under their belt (after week six), I am comfortable with a SB projection.

The program correctly projected a Philly-New England matchup in 2004 and Seattle-Pitt in 2005.

Last Season after 5 games it projected a San Diego-Chicago matchup even though the Chargers were only 4-2 at the time. San Diego went on to win 10 games straight and finish with the best record in the NFL before blowing it in round one of the playoffs vs the Pats.

I'll be posting its playoff projections again this year after week six, but I thought I'd do something different for the fun of it and post the SB projection after each week "leading up to" the official projection.

After Week One:

AFC Championship: STEELERS over Patriots

NFC Championship: PANTHERS over Redskins

SUPERBOWL: STEELERS over Panthers

dt

I was also under the impressin your excell program gave you weekly selections as well. Is that correct?

Comment

It has helped me ENORMOUSLY in getting a better guage on capping the games. It has kept me off bad plays and bad lines.

I didn't realize how many bad lines there are in a given season until I used my Excel. Yeah, it gives me some picks also. But I like to combine it with technical factors as well. Unless, of course, it's just a really bad line. Then it's an automatic play.

Example from last year:

Week Nine: Saints pk at BUCS. Unbelievable line. Excel pointed out very early that the Bucs were a really bad team and the Saints were smokin' hot. I had the Saints -8.5 at Tampa and they won big, covering even my line.

dt

Comment

Working...
      X