Sources: Goodell determines Patriots broke rules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sources: Goodell determines Patriots broke rules

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has determined that the New England Patriots violated league rules Sunday when they videotaped defensive signals by the New York Jets' coaches, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

NFL security officials confiscated a camera and videotape from Patriots video assistant Matt Estrella on the New England sidelines when it was suspected he was recording the Jets' defensive signals. Sources say the visual evidence confirmed the suspicion.

Goodell is considering severe sanctions, including the possibility of docking the Patriots "multiple draft picks" because it is the competitive violation in the wake of a stern warning to all teams since he became commissioner, the sources said. The Patriots have been suspected in previous incidents.

The Patriots will be allowed an opportunity to present their case by Friday, sources said, most likely via the telephone.

The league also was reviewing a possible violation into the number of radio frequencies the Patriots were using during Sunday's game, sources said. The team did not have a satisfactory explanation when asked about possible irregularities in its communication setup during the game.

Goodell is expected to have a decision no later than Friday but that is not set in stone.

The league refused comment but did confirm Monday that they were reviewing a possible violation by the Patriots.

Looks like they will be losing some draft picks!

I really can't believe N.E. would be so foolish. It doesn't surprise me but they should fucken know better!

Comment

The hoody is scandelous

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
        The hoody is scandelous
        No doubt kb!

We all love what he has done up here but he is no doubt, one weird dude!

Comment

Mark Schlereth had some great commentary about this just now on ESPN News...all this time we have heard how smart the Pats and Belichick are, and how well the organization is run. Now we come to find out they have been cheating, and we can all agree this isn't an isolated incident. Go ahead and put an asterisk on those 3 Super Bowls!

Comment

Originally posted by drugstuntman
            Mark Schlereth had some great commentary about this just now on ESPN News...all this time we have heard how smart the Pats and Belichick are, and how well the organization is run. Now we come to find out they have been cheating, and we can all agree this isn't an isolated incident. Go ahead and put an asterisk on those 3 Super Bowls!
            That's hilarious!

Unless they can show or prove someone was taping at the SB's, it doesn't hold any weight.

Comment

They say LT was all hyped up on drugs during a SB for the G-MEN too. Should they forfeit or get an * for that win too?

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                They say LT was all hyped up on drugs during a SB for the G-MEN too. Should they forfeit or get an * for that win too?

Hey you rat bastard!!! Do not take what little i have away

Comment

Wayne - I knew that would get you and Pats fans all riled up !!

I know you will guard those SB's, but let's just admit BB and company aren't natural geniuses....genius to do it for so long without getting caught maybe

If you're not cheating - you're not trying
                  ...until you get caught - then you are just a cheater

Comment

They were also talking today about 3 instances on sports radio where WS games were being recorded from the OF when they were stealing signs.

This has been going on forever. Just look at last weeks GB/Philly game and watch how they were trying to hide every signal from the other team. Stealing signs has been around as long as sports has. Is it right? No. The Patriots got caught and i'm sure they will receive a heavy fine and loss of draft picks to pay up for their acts.

Comment

I know you will guard those SB's, but let's just admit BB and company aren't natural geniuses....genius to do it for so long without getting caught maybe

It really doesn't bother me. N.E. is a big target right now and every fan of another team will thrive on any chance they get to bring them down. That's how sports works and i understand that. lol

If anyone knows the history between the Jets and Pats, and all the draft picks lost between these 2, you would say that this isn't shocking.

Comment

this is the bottom line with football at that high of a level.....

Do the signals help? sure they do....

But let me tell you the signals many times change during the game.....

it is an advantage but the plays still have to be executed......

I guess the Colts confiscated the camera in the 2nd half last year.....

Now I know why all the Parcells legacy coaches have the low pot......They unzip their pants and start rolling film

Low Pot Patrol:

1) PArcells
                        2) Weis
                        3) Crennel
                        4) Belechek hides them in his bitch tits
                        4B) Mancini

Comment

Originally posted by TwoTonTony
                          this is the bottom line with football at that high of a level.....

Do the signals help? sure they do....

But let me tell you the signals many times change during the game.....

it is an advantage but the plays still have to be executed......

I guess the Colts confiscated the camera in the 2nd half last year.....

Now I know why all the Parcells legacy coaches have the low pot......They unzip their pants and start rolling film

Low Pot Patrol:

1) PArcells
                          2) Weis
                          3) Crennel
                          4) Belechek hides them in his bitch tits
                          4B) Mancini
                          EXACTLY!

What i find hilarious is that even when Moss was double covered he caught the balls and ran. Did video tape tell them throwing in to double coverage was the thing to do. I watched that game and speed beat the Jets, not a video tape!

Bill probably learned all this from Parcells and it wouldn't shock me if he did!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                            EXACTLY!

What i find hilarious is that even when Moss was double covered he caught the balls and ran. Did video tape tell them throwing in to double coverage was the thing to do. I watched that game and speed beat the Jets, not a video tape!

Bill probably learned all this from Parcells and it wouldn't shock me if he did!
                            Not a big Parcells fan......but everyone is looking for the edge.....been happening since the beginning of time....When io played in college our cross state rival would be in the stands at our practices trying the same shit.....

Still have to execute

Comment

cheaters
                              Questions, comments, complaints:
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X