Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eury Jr. To Be Dale Jr.'s Crew Cheif At Hendrick Motorsports.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eury Jr. To Be Dale Jr.'s Crew Cheif At Hendrick Motorsports.

CONCORD, N.C. -- When driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. joins Hendrick Motorsports for the 2008 Sprint Cup Series season, Tony Eury Jr. will be his crew chief. Eury, who has been Earnhardt's crew chief for the past two seasons, signed a multi-year agreement with the organization this week.

"Tony Jr. and Dale have a successful history working together," Hendrick said. "They have trust in each other, which is the biggest part of the relationship between driver and crew chief. We have the utmost confidence in their ability to win races and compete for titles at Hendrick Motorsports."

A Kannapolis, N.C., native, Eury will move to Hendrick Motorsports immediately following the current NASCAR season. He will continue the work of Darian Grubb, who will finish the 2007 schedule as crew chief of the No. 25 Chevrolets before moving into a senior competition role with Hendrick Motorsports.

"Dale Jr. and I are both excited to continue working together," said Eury, 34, who has been Earnhardt's crew chief or car chief for the majority of the driver's NASCAR career. "With the resources we'll have at Hendrick Motorsports, it's an opportunity to consistently run up front and be in title contention every year. The goals are winning races and winning championships."

Grubb, 31, who hails from Floyd, Va., will coordinate the at-track engineering efforts of the Earnhardt and Mears teams with emphasis on supporting Eury's transition to Hendrick Motorsports and Mears' switch to the No. 5 Cup Series program.

The personnel moves will give Hendrick Motorsports additional depth with the Earnhardt and Mears teams. Grubb, who earned a championship as an engineer with the No. 48 Chevrolets and has won three times in 29 races as a crew chief, will work hand-in-hand with veteran team manager Brian Whitesell.

"We've asked Darian to shoulder more responsibility and take another step," Hendrick said. "With all the challenges and difficult situations we've thrown his way, he has always proven to be successful. Darian is a star in our organization and his contributions will be vital to our future success.

"This is an extremely talented group we're putting behind Casey and Dale Jr. With the combination of Alan [Gustafson], Tony, Darian and Brian in key leadership positions, we feel strongly that both teams will have the tools to be successful in 2008 and beyond."

Hendrick Motorsports is evaluating alternative numbers for the Earnhardt team, which currently uses the No. 25 on its Chevrolet racecars. A timetable for that announcement has not been set.

Sounds Good For Jr.eury Jr Might Not Be A Great Crew Chief But Jr Is Very Comfortable With Him.
    MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
    HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
    0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

Comment

I'm not sure what i think about this. I think if he is ditching DEI, Teresa and the No. 8, than he should start new and fresh all the way around, including crew chief. Hendricks should put someone in there who knows how Hendricks likes to operate and make it a smooth transition. Eury Jr. will be trying to figure out how Hendricks wants to do things for awhile. I think a guy already working for Rick and who knows the company inside & out should have been put there.

Comment

I think it is the trust issue between him and Dale Jr more than anyting. Like it said above, Grubb will be there to make the transition to Hendrick a lot smoother.

Comment

Originally posted by kbsooner21
            I think it is the trust issue between him and Dale Jr more than anyting. Like it said above, Grubb will be there to make the transition to Hendrick a lot smoother.
            I know they are childhood friends and related and all but kb, Dale Jr. sounds more irritated and pissed off with Tony every single week that i'm sick of hearing it. Jr. is (Seriously) never happy with the car, setup or anything every week. Take the fresh start all the way around (IMO).

Comment

P.S.

I don't think it is a trust issue at all. He probably will feel more comfortable at Hendricks on day one compared to the headaches and crap he dealt with, with Teresa!

Comment

Dale Jr is a fucking dickhead like that all the time. Tony at least knows how he is and just ignores it. He'd have 99% of the other guys they tried to put him with pissed off and not wanting to work with him imo.

Comment

Dale Jr is a fucking dickhead like that all the time. Tony at least knows how he is and just ignores it. He'd have 99% of the other guys they tried to put him with pissed off and not wanting to work with him imo.

Maybe ....... OR maybe the cars Eury Jr. sets up are NOT that good as Jr. says!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                    Maybe ....... OR maybe the cars Eury Jr. sets up are NOT that good as Jr. says!
                    His car's haven't been that much of a problem. He doesn't build the engines

Comment

His car's haven't been that much of a problem. He doesn't build the engines
                      Well something ain't right when Truex is in the Chase and Jr. isn't!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
                        Well something ain't right when Truex is in the Chase and Jr. isn't!
                        5 dnf's to 2 dnf's is your answer

Comment

Running 2nd and had the best car all day at Texas and got smashed from behind after Smoke ran out of talent.

Running 3rd at the Glen when his engine failed.

Running 3rd at Indy when his engine failed.

That's a TON of points left on the table right there.

Comment

5 dnf's to 2 dnf's is your answer
                            Throw in the fact to why would DEI give Jr all the good shit like they have been since he has been there when he has made it clear he dont want to be there.. I dont blame them one bit. Give it all to the guy that says he is there to stay.

Comment

Working...
                            X