Labor Day MLB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp

Are you insane? These plays stem from a particular system where if 2 starting pitchers rematch again within 2 weeks of the previous game I play the exact opposite result.

5 or 6 days ago CC won with the under so I played Johan and the Over today.........same can be said for that Bonderman & Wang game and many others that I have played from the same exact system.......I highly doubt I am the only one who uses this.

You actually thought I am posting plays against the Indians and with the Tigers so I can influence the race?

I appreciate that after you are done chewing me up you wish me luck......guess that type of behavior is catching on. FYI within the last 5-10 years I dont think I can count all the homer plays I have made on 1 hand......thanks for your genuine concern anyways.

GL with yer Buckeyes and Tribe

PEACE

I think you completely jumped the gun as to my post. I didn't "chew you up" at all, I was just giving an outsiders view of what COULD be happening with your plays. Never in my history on BC have I said something ill to someone as an insult, NEVER. I also never said you were trying to influence the race, and I don't know how you could really with your wagers. I didn't even say you may be doing it on purpose, just subconsciously.

So to answer your question, no, I'm not insane. I personally don't handicap with any "systems." I look at trends, i.e. Pitcher A is 12-1 lifetime against Team B, but nothing in terms of generic pitchers and teams. Johan hadn't had a win against the Tribe this year (0-4 I think?), so I didn't figure any system would spit that out as a play anyway.

I just know that sometimes I'll let my heart slip into a situation where I should bet with my head instead, and I try to prevent that. It really was genuine concern though, I have no ill will towards anyone on this board. After all, fighting on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you're still a retard.
    O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Originally posted by ULikeApples
      I think you completely jumped the gun as to my post. I didn't "chew you up" at all, I was just giving an outsiders view of what COULD be happening with your plays. Never in my history on BC have I said something ill to someone as an insult, NEVER. I also never said you were trying to influence the race, and I don't know how you could really with your wagers. I didn't even say you may be doing it on purpose, just subconsciously.

So to answer your question, no, I'm not insane. I personally don't handicap with any "systems." I look at trends, i.e. Pitcher A is 12-1 lifetime against Team B, but nothing in terms of generic pitchers and teams. Johan hadn't had a win against the Tribe this year (0-4 I think?), so I didn't figure any system would spit that out as a play anyway.

I just know that sometimes I'll let my heart slip into a situation where I should bet with my head instead, and I try to prevent that. It really was genuine concern though, I have no ill will towards anyone on this board. After all, fighting on the internet is like being in the special olympics, even if you win you're still a retard.
      No worries Apples.....maybe I jumped the gun a bit because one thing I try and do is play these games objectively no matter who the play is on......again sorry if my response seemes a bit harsh. I genuinely think you didnt mean anything by it. I just got a bit defensive

PEACE

Comment

Originally posted by MtrCtyPimp
        No worries Apples.....maybe I jumped the gun a bit because one thing I try and do is play these games objectively no matter who the play is on......again sorry if my response seemes a bit harsh. I genuinely think you didnt mean anything by it. I just got a bit defensive

PEACE
        No problem MCP. I alwys glance at your plays when you see then and appreciate your opinions. For what it's worth, I hope the Tigers get the wild card. I was probably way off base, I just know that I can fall into that "rooting for" trap with my bets sometime. GL for the rest of baseball and the new football season!
        O..H.........I..O!

2010 NCAA Football: 4-3-1

2010 NFL: 0-0

2009-2010 NCAA Basketball: 30-23-1

Comment

Working...
        X