Mlb 8/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mlb 8/27

Well this was not the best of weekends but we will persevere. The trek towards a +100 unit season will go on. Lot of work to do to reach that point and it begins today.

10 Units
    Los Angeles - Lackey -120 Following the big guy on this one. This is a telling series. Will Seattle prove it belongs in the AL playoff race? I see Seattle taking 2 of the 3 games, which is why it is so important for Anaheim to win this game. Seattle has been great in its series openers, losing one out of their last 6 series openers. The Angels have been mediocre at best at opening series. Lackey steps up tonight and makes it so Anaheim can leave with at the least a 1 game lead in the AL West.

5 Units
    Detroit - Verlander -116 So Gary Sheffield being out is kind of hurting this offense. It is still a solid lineup and the pitching is very good as well. Mike Mussina is a question mark when he starts. Will he be the guy he is at the beginning of a season, or will his age show now that it is late in the 2nd half. He is a gamer, but his skills are diminishing at this point in his career. I have always thought of him as a 1 half pitcher meaning he only seems to really pitch half of a year. Right now he is being considered to be dropped from the rotation so that would mean that he should put up a fight. Torre being Torre, I see this as an empty threat and Mussina knows it. He will not pitch for his job because Torre will not take it from him. Last time out he gave up 7 runs, 6 earned in 5 innings. Detroit will hit him hard again tonight. Verlander is Detroit's ace and tonight he puts them a game closer to the AL wild card and division lead when he gives Detroit a series win against the Yanks.

GL All!
    NFL System - Year 1
    Week 2 3-2 +0.8 Units
    Week 3 3-2-1 +0.8 Units
    Week 3 3-3 -0.3 Units
    Week 4 3-2 +0.8 Units
    Week 5 2-3 -1.3 Units
    Week 6 4-1 +2.9 Units
    Week 7 3-0 +3.0 Units
    Week 8 2-3 -2.35 Units
    Week 9 0-1 -1.1 Units
    Season Total 23-17 +3.35 Units