Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pm530
    Six-pack for Wednesday

If you like sports, and you like to eat/drink, this is a terrific area to live in. Tuesday night, we visited Graney's on New Scotland Avenue in Albany, only a half-mile from the place we went to last week, the brand-new Recovery Room. What we found was a place with TVs just as good, but a friendly atmosphere that an antiseptic new bar couldn't match.

-- 34 TVs, eight satellites, and an owner who knows how to use them; five baseball games, the NFL Network and Little League World Series are all on, just at the bar.

-- This place is a throwback to the old neighborhood bar, a place where you went to relax. The barstools are little lower than usual, with rail to lean on, making it most comfortable bar I've ever been seated at.

-- Good music on the jukebox, and a trivia contest that has the whole bar involved; where else could you get questions about Babe Ruth, Tawny Kitaen, Hootie and the Blowfish and Reykjavik, Iceland, all in the same contest?

-- They're open to 2am every night, even the kitchen!!! And if things are hopping, they'll stay open later; anyone who says this is a boring town just hasn't looked hard enough.

-- Earlier this summer, we touted Stadium Cafe in Saratoga as having the best-looking bartenders/waitresses in area. Forget about it; this place has them beat. Four bartenders, all model-caliber, worth the trip in itself.

-- If you're hungry, thirsty, like sports and attractive ladies, Graney's is a terrific place to hang out; people are friendly, food is good, drinks are cold, prices are reasonable. What more could you ask for?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

are you from albany??? I am, been to graneys, i also go to Andy's as well on new scotland ave. Also when in saratoga you must go to Gaffneys or the parting glass. they are great spots. If you can, stop up to Ralphs tavern on central ave in colonie. i work their on saturday nights. its not a sports bar but we have some of the best italian food in the area. you wont be disappointed.
    Last edited by 10DimeBry; 08-22-2007, 02:07 PM.
    2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

Thanks Guys, good luck tonight!

NCAA Hoops 14-14-1 -2.35 units NFL 2-1 +1 unit
      NBA 6-7-1 -2.32 units NHL 10-4-1 +3.95 units
      MLB 6-7-1 -2.95u WNBA 1-0 +1u. NCAAF 3-1 +1.5 u

Comment

Working...
      X