Tulsa Drillers 1st Base Coach killed by Line Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tulsa Drillers 1st Base Coach killed by Line Drive

In yesterdays game, last night, the Tulsa Drillers 1st Base coach was hit in the head (Temple), by a line drive, fell back immediately, went into un consciousness, they attempted CPR on the field, rushed him to the Hospital, where he was pronounced DEAD, and the attending Dr., said it was due to "Massive Head Injuries".......

He has 2 sons, and wife is expecting in October....He was with the team 1 month....I think he was about 35 years old, and I think they said his name was Colbaugh.........It was on local news, and I just caught a glimpse of it.......

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Mike Coolbaugh Kapt. I remember watching his brother Scott play for the 89ers growing up. Sad, sad, day for all of baseball.

Comment

This is terrible! I have spent many enjoyable nights with the Drillers dating all the way back to their AAA Oilers days. My heart goes out to all the fans and coaches/players who had to witness this tragedy. May God grant strength to the family and friends of Mr. Coolbaugh.

Comment

Wow, that is tragic. I remember one of my son's high school teammates who was a pitcher. He was drilled in the forehead with a line drive and almost died. He survived but had residual neurologic deficits. May God be with Coach Coolbaugh's family during this difficult time.

Comment

that is horrible, God bless him and his family
          Questions, comments, complaints:
          [email protected]

Comment

wow, really sad? is this the 1st time anyone has died by getting hit on the field?
            jordanrules..................

Comment

Saw that this morning on the news myself.

Incredible.

Comment

very sad to hear.

Comment

..i feel real bad for the guy that hit the foul ball...hope he is ok...pray for all those involved...family and team...GOD be with 'em...
                  ...winning and grinning...

Comment

That is unbelievable....did anybody see this live or the replay of it? the guy that hit the line drive probably wants to kill himself....so he must not have been paying attention cause typically he should have had time to react but if it was hit really hard I guess not....that is terrible news....god bless his family and everyone around him....
                    SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

And We Think We Have Trouble, May God Bless His Family, The Drillers Played In Jackson, Miss Years Ago. I'm Glad He Went Fast And Not In Pain Let's Pray.
                      jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

awful story. i cant imagine what that family is going thru. Or the guy who hit the ball. he'll never ever be the same. his career is over
                        2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

That really sucks. My prayers go out to his family. Hopefully the league does something for the family.
                          Am I the longest tenured BC member?

Comment

Very very sad. Surprised this hasen't happened before, at least I hope it hasen't. The coachs are sitting targets.

Comment

He is from San Antonio like me and his family still resides there. May you rest in peace my friend and my prayers go out ot him and his family!
                              5* 0-0
                              4* 0-0
                              3* 1-0
                              2* 1-0
                              1* 0-1

God Bless America

To win :1* unit = $100

Comment

Working...
                              X