Good News For Us Yankee Fans??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News For Us Yankee Fans??

The New York Yankees are willing to bend their own rules to keep Alex Rodriguez in pinstripes beyond this season.

The Yankees have changed their traditional stance and are now willing to negotiate during the season with their star third baseman on a contract extension, MLB sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

The key sticking point for the Yankees in the prospective negotiations is that Rodriguez agree not to opt out of his current contract after this season and agree to add any extension to the current contract, which expires after the 2010 season.

Approximately $81 million of the current contract is being paid by the Texas Rangers, which was part of the trade that brought Rodriguez to New York.

Though the Yankees are underperforming so far this season, it's not A-Rod's fault. Rodriguez leads the major leagues at the All-Star break with 30 home runs and 86 RBIs and has a .317 average.

Welcome to Anaheim A-Rod!

Comment

Originally posted by wayne1218
      Welcome to Anaheim A-Rod!
      Not gonna happen buddy!

Comment

I hope he bolts the Yankees. Funny before this year all you yankee fans bashed that dude relentlessly. I hope he drops you like a bad habit
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

he gone!!!!

bank on it
          2013 NCAA POD Record

8-3ATS +3.80 units

2013 NFL POD Record

1-2 ATS -4.50 units

Comment

I heard from a source (yep Bry scooped you here) that if he agrees to keep the current contract through 2010 (in which the Yanks save $80 million), that he will get something like an 8 year $320 Million dollar deal
            2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

I Say Dump Him Dave Winfield Could Hit In May Too But What Did It Git Him?

Comment

Why is this good news? The Yanks have done nothing aside from winning the division with him. They've gotten progressively worse each season since he's joined the Yanks. The Yanks and their fans shouldn't be satisfied with division titles with their 200+ million payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by frankb03
                  Why is this good news? The Yanks have done nothing aside from winning the division with him. They've gotten progressively worse each season since he's joined the Yanks. The Yanks and their fans shouldn't be satisfied with division titles with their 200+ million payroll.
                  ARod isnt the problem there.. Clearly if the Yanks had pitching they would have won a World Series since he has joined the Yanks.. And IMO losing him would not help out at all.. get some good pitching, keep him and they will win a world series title..

Comment

Here's good news
                    IF the Yankees win 2 of 3 in every 3 game series and split every 4 game series

AND

Cleveland plays .500 or below...

The Yanks MIGHT make the playoffs
                    Good Luck to everyone
                    Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                    Clark: What's steroids?
                    Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                    Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

I would rate the Yankees chances of making the playoffs this year as no better than 1 in 3.

Comment

I thought the rumor was the Giants were looking into getting him at $30 million a year.

Comment

What a difference a year makes!

So now the Bronx, who was trying to run the guy out of of town on the LIRR, Amtrak, or any route that would send him away, is breaking from policy, begging for a second chance to keep a guy who will someday hold all the records, and will wear the uniform of the next team he plays for into Cooperstown.

It's almost akin to telling your best girl she is lucky to have you, then her realizing there is a lot more out there in the world, without the BS, and kissing your ass good-bye forever.

Note to Yank fan: You really should be more grateful in the midst of greatness.

The Bronx Zoo in the rear-view mirror is all A-Rod cares to see.

Awwwwwwww
                          You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

imo i believe Arod will be on the West Coast next yr...He'll thrive in that environment....he COULD be the Babe Ruth of this generation...
                            jordanrules..................

Comment

it makes no sense to pay him all that money and have no pitching to back him up,..(jmo)
                              I AM A NITWIT

Comment

Working...
                              X