Online vs. Book question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online vs. Book question

Guys, I use a local, and I had a parlay today the Cubs and Det. (both were -200 and the par paid +125). Since the Det game got rained out, and the Cubs won, I get the Cubs -200, so my $400 is paying me $200....kind of reverse juice. If the Cubs lost, it would have cost me the $400. Is that the way it works online??

Good question here but I am no help...If it was football or hoops it would revert to a straight bet but with bases I couldn't imagine them charging 400 when you only put up 2 on a parlay...I am thinking a cancel all together??? Sorry--

Comment

yes. when one of two teams is cancelled it becomes a straight play with the one remaining team.

gl tonite!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bryce
        Good question here but I am no help...If it was football or hoops it would revert to a straight bet but with bases I couldn't imagine them charging 400 when you only put up 2 on a parlay...I am thinking a cancel all together??? Sorry--

No, I put in a $400 parlay with Det/Cubs (both -200) which would have paid $500. So now I have the Cubs -200 and since I put in the $400 parlay, I win $200 on the Cubs bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gookis
          No, I put in a $400 parlay with Det/Cubs (both -200) which would have paid $500. So now I have the Cubs -200 and since I put in the $400 parlay, I win $200 on the Cubs bet.
          I called my book but when they can't understand the question it is hard to get you an answer!!! I tried buddy. I will see if they have the rules on the site posted and see what I can see..

Comment

thelumberjack is right. I had a $200 parley with the same game, Texas +185 to Kansas City +220. I end up with a straight $200 play on Kansas City at +220, which paid $440. It's no different in baseball than football or basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by thesandman
              thelumberjack is right. I had a $200 parley with the same game, Texas +185 to Kansas City +220. I end up with a straight $200 play on Kansas City at +220, which paid $440. It's no different in baseball than football or basketball.

I think he is saying it is different. You can't pay me $400 on the Cubs and only charge me $400 if the Cubs were to lose......I'd basically have the Cubs at even then instead of -200. That wouldn't be right either. I think what he (lumberjack) was saying is that I get the Cubs at -200, but if they lose, it is like I only placed a $200 bet, same if I win... I only get $200...that way it is the Cubs at -200.

It is different for dogs....like in your KC bet.

Comment

They go by the dollar amount of the amount wagered. If you wagered 200 on a parlay, they will consider it 200 wagered on a straight bet. I've never heard of anybody doing it any other way.

Comment

If your parlay was 400 wagered, your straight bet is 400 wagered, meaning you would have lost all 400 if the Cubs had lost. By the way, it doesn't matter because the Cubs are on a major roll

Comment

For what it is worth Bet Cris told me if the gane was played the next day the parlay stood and you would go from there. Again I went through some folks that I don't think had it all together.

Comment

Working...
                    X