Copa America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copa America

One soccer thread ends and another begins. I apologize. Although this one should be much shorter as I'll be mostly limiting myself to US and Mexico plays with a few nibblers here and there. The US plays their first game on Thursday and here's what I think...

2* Argentina -200

I hate playing against the US in international play, but to say these guys will be overmatched against Argentina is an understatement. The official roster was named yesterday and it includes 16 players with 10 or fewer appearances for the US national team, 14 players under the age of 25 but none of the under-20 national team players, and no Donovan, Beasley, Bocanegra, or Dempsey. Meanwhile, Argentina is bringing in Heinze, Riquelme, Cambiasso, Messi, Crespo, Veron. It's pretty clear that they're in this tournament to win it. If the US can even earn a draw against Argentina, it will be the biggest upset since beating Portugal 5 years ago. It's safe to say that I think Argentina wins this one easily and is a steal at 1/2 odds.

GL Ctt!

Comment

gl with the soccer play ctt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

good luck, ctt!

Comment

BOL with Argentina on Thursday buddy and keep up the great work on the soccer field!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

More plays:

1* Brazil -161

2 days after a devastating loss in the Gold Cup finals, Mexico has to fly to Venezuala and play the best team in the world. Granted, Brazil is missing some of their big names, including Ronaldinho, but they shouldn't need him here.

0.5* Uraguay -120

Uraguay always performs in this tournament and they're in good form this time around.

0.5* Venezula -200

The hosts should win this one easily in front of their own fans.

I'm certainly laying some odds so far in this tournament, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Comment

Good Luck ctt

Comment

you have at least one follower on argentina GL on your other plays

Comment

Whoa ! just went to go play argentina, and my book is at - 300already, that is a ridiculous jump, but you know what, I still like argentina.

Comment

ctt - I'm no soccer fan, but I am a fan of winners...thanks for the plays and stay hot

Comment

Originally posted by ctt8410
                      More plays:

1* Brazil -161

2 days after a devastating loss in the Gold Cup finals, Mexico has to fly to Venezuala and play the best team in the world. Granted, Brazil is missing some of their big names, including Ronaldinho, but they shouldn't need him here.

0.5* Uraguay -120

Uraguay always performs in this tournament and they're in good form this time around.

0.5* Venezula -200

The hosts should win this one easily in front of their own fans.

I'm certainly laying some odds so far in this tournament, but that's how it goes sometimes.
                      BOL with these ones aswell....am on em ALL with ya buddy!!!

Comment

Apologize to anyone who followed all my plays. I should have just thrown out Argentina and left it at that. Games start back up on Saturday. Maybe I can find something that's worthwhile before then.

1-3 (-1.21*)

Comment

you should not have to apologize when you are wrong, you are not the god of soccer, I understand you might specialize in it. But you can't get em all right.

I released Argentina as a play as well, but mine was at - 300
                          don't worry ctt we will get em in the knockout round, peace buddy.

Comment

I know nothing about soccer- but I also like winners. Thanks guys for your insight.

You'll get 'em this weekend and I will tag along for a little sip.

Thanks!

Comment

Where's the soccer picks at man....

Im not betting but they are interesting to see and I am sure others are....

Comment

Working...
                              X