more coaching mistakes at the big league level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• more coaching mistakes at the big league level

I mean, since im not throwing money into the mix anymore at least for now I can critique coaches of either side for the good and the bad things that they do...

I was just watching the SanFran/Toronto game and the lead off hitter in the inning was Lincecum, he doubled, then they walk Roberts intentionally, unintentionally, who knows, which is fine. Then you have a rookie up next who bats in the 2 hole, wouldn't it make sense that if your down 2-0 in the game that you bunt with this kid to bring the runners to 3rd and 2nd with 1 out with a chance at a 2 run single from either Randy Winn or Ryan Klesko? Doesnt that make more sense then letting your rookie #2 guy strikeout, then have randy winn ground into a double play. If the dude sacrificed, that would have gotten a run in and the score would have been 2-1 toronto with a guy at 3rd base, base hit, pass ball, ties the game. Simple things like this as someone who has played the game of baseball a while will spot throughout games all year long. It's just stupid coaching in my opinion....
    Proud Member on Bettorschat.com since March 10, 2006

Overall since 9/1/09- 39-30-1 +1.14 units ($114.40)
    1 unit=$100.00

Updated through Nov 18th 2009 @ 1:09AM est

not just to sacrifice with that rookie guy batting 2nd, but linecum has never run the bases, most likely a single with him on 2nd is not going to score him because of that fact and the fact they dont want him to get hurt.

1 unit=$100.00

Comment

well i mean with this inning that toronto is putting together it looks like it really wont matter, but thats not how it should be approached. If I was the owner of a ball club its things like that I would keep track of and would bring up when the resigning of managers occured.

1 unit=$100.00

Comment

managers refuse to manufacture runs. it drives me crazy

Comment

its crazy and thats why its gotta be one of the toughest sports to predict the outcome of because it relies on the manager and his decisions as well.

1 unit=$100.00

Comment

I was thinking the same myself Zach....especially in the National League too it was very surprising that he didnt put them into scoring position....benefited me luckily in this game but It does not make sense at all....If managers do this shit in the playoffs they will get fired (probably not) or should get fired. Basic fundamentals failed to be executed. I am sure that you and I could write a book about it this year...

PS - I will be out all night tonight but we will talk another time...tomorrow or Friday...email me your # too bud!!!
            SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Comment

yah its rediculous, because im not even going to mention how big those two runs that they fucked up on would be right now, the game would be 7-6, and it would only need san fran 1 run in the bottom of the 9th to send it to extra innings, rather than 3.

1 unit=$100.00

Comment

Working...
              X