• Show
Clear All

• MLB Sunday

YTD 12-9 +6.60 units
    all plays 1*

Faves 1-0 +1.0 units
    Dogs 11-8 +6.70 units
    Totals 0-1 1-1. units

I had another winning day Saturday, grinding out 0.35 units as I split on yesterday's dogs, winning w/Atlanta against the nutso Cubs and losing a tough 1-0 game on the Twins.

1* A's +135
    One thing is consistently true in baseball betting: reputation pitchers are given very big lines. In this case, the underdog pitcher is having a better year. Oakland's Gaudin has given up ZERO earned runs in his last two starts and two or less in four of his last five. His ERA is 1.96 over that stretch. Minnesota's Santana is also pitching well but in both overall season or last five games stats, Gaudin has better numbers. The Twins are a mere 6-5 in Santana starts with a lousy -306 in bettors' Return On Investment. The A's, on the other hand, are 8-3 in Gaudin starts for a huge +506 ROI. That means the public is consistently underbetting Gaudin and overbetting Santana. Not me. Take Oakland at the underdog price.

gl Gris

Comment

Not a strong play but you might want to throw a little on Dan Wheldon at +400 to win this afternoon's IRL race in Milwaukee.

I'm trying to follow IRL this year because not many focus on it, as opposed to NASCAR where the lines have gotten much sharper as the books have learned what they're doing (they used to be clueless).

I probably won't have a strong IRL play for a couple more races but I'm tossing a small amount on this.

Comment

gl to ya with the A's Gris----two damn good pitchers, nice write, game too close to call for me....best to ya, and thanks for posting....kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Good Luck
          THE ART OF BEING WISE IS THE ART OF KNOWING WHAT TO OVERLOOK...

Comment

good luck
            THINK BLUE

Comment

With the win, I'm now just under +8 units on the year with all plays being only one unit. I'm especially happy with the fact that I've now hit 60 percent on dogs---all on money lines, no run lines.

Back tomorrow.

one other thing. Wheldon ran third. Decent but not worth a penny.
              Last edited by griswold; 06-03-2007, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Nice call on the A's!

Comment

Working...
                X