This Kid Can Pitch -- Makes his first ML start tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Kid Can Pitch -- Makes his first ML start tonight

He began 2006 at Single A Fort Myers with a 0.58 ERA his first five starts. Later on, in his last 4 starts before being promoted to Double AA, he went 28.6 innings without giving up an earned run. At New Britian he gave up 2 runs or less in his first three starts and gave up just 2 earned runs on the road in 15 innings.

Why he didn't start this season with the Twins I can't understand but he went - 6-2, 1.54 era, 57 K/5 BB in; 64.3 IP in 9gms @ AAA Rochester. Remember the name Kevin Slowey. He is making his first ML start tonight and you can have him as a small dog against Oakland. I played the Twins for the first five innings and also for the full game. I thought about the under but don't trust Kennedy after his last start, giving up 7 runs in 4+ innings.

What really impresses me about Slowey is 57 K's and just 5 BB's in 64 innings. The size of home plate is the same in the majors and in the minors. Minny will be my biggest play in awhile. And don't forget to box the kid.

Forgot One Thing and It's An Important Thing

Minny would have been a play for me no matter who is pitching. We have Minny having won 4 in a row and 7 of their last 8. The A's have been playing just .500 ball. You can't find many plays better than this one. You get The Hot Team, Minny, with "The New Kid" pitching.

Just put your Yankee winnings on Minny. So far the Yankees are playing just like I thought they would.

Comment

yes we will see ? I hope your right....The only thing that scares me is....He's very Radke like...with no fastball.

Comment

came out un-scaathed....with bases loaded and 1 out....lets hope it continues.... 25 pitches though....He's alittle excited- he looks fine. GL Sandy ! lets get this one !

Comment

Tash. That's my concern too. 88 pitches in just 5 innings. That's why I put some of my money on the Twins for just the first five innings. The A's announcers mentioned how the kid throws like Racke. They must have read your post. That's fine. I remember about 5 years ago, betting Under when ever Racke pitched was a winner. Speaking of winners, the YANKEES WON TONIGHT for me too.

Comment

I hear you bud...as i speak -Chavez bombs one to left.... he'll be fine- spot pitching right know.....fast rolling in at 89 mph... 1-1 top of 7 ....

Comment

1-2-3 inning...nice !

Comment

Working...
              X