Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Everyone For Helping Me Stay Sober!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Everyone For Helping Me Stay Sober!!!

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here on Bettorschat as Sunday will be 2 months clean for me!!! 60 days!!! I want to thank everyone that has showed their support for me over these past 2 months. It is amazing what you people have enabled me to do and have made a huge difference to give me such a great encouragement. I know that you may not realize this but you guys have made things a lot easier and I definately could not have done it without you!!! Thanks once again, you guys are great, and god bless you all!!!

SOBER SINCE MARCH 28TH OF 2007!!!

Originally posted by Chado1
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here on Bettorschat as Sunday will be 2 months clean for me!!! 60 days!!! I want to thank everyone that has showed their support for me over these past 2 months. It is amazing what you people have enabled me to do and have made a huge difference to give me such a great encouragement. I know that you may not realize this but you guys have made things a lot easier and I definately could not have done it without you!!! Thanks once again, you guys are great, and god bless you all!!!

chado i joke a lot about drugs but that is all it is,joking-YOU HANG IN THERE BROTHER IT WILL GET TREMENDOUSLY BETTER WITH TIME // PS-BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD IN YOUR LIFE,I HAVE SEEN LOTS OF SLIPS WHEN PEOPLE HAVE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD GOING FOR THEM,MAYBE YOU START TO FORGET HOW BAD THINGS WERE-JUST MY 2 CENTS-IRONCHUNGER !!
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

Originally posted by WayneChung
      chado i joke a lot about drugs but that is all it is,joking-YOU HANG IN THERE BROTHER IT WILL GET TREMENDOUSLY BETTER WITH TIME // PS-BE TREMENDOUSLY CAREFUL WHEN EVERYTHING IS GOING GOOD IN YOUR LIFE,I HAVE SEEN LOTS OF SLIPS WHEN PEOPLE HAVE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD GOING FOR THEM,MAYBE YOU START TO FORGET HOW BAD THINGS WERE-JUST MY 2 CENTS-IRONCHUNGER !!
      This is all very true Chunger and I appreciate your "2 cents". I know exactly what your are referring to my friend. I have to watch the confidence thing and cant be thinking thigs like "I can use recreationally now" or "now that I have 2 months clean, things will be different this time"....stuff like that. Thoughts like this come into my head sometimes and I am glad that I recognize it and as my disease of addiction trying to pull me back in. One saying they say in the literature is that "1 is too many and a thousand is never enough". That phrase is huge for me because I know that I cannot take just one or whatever. You are right Chunger I need to constantly remind myself of how bad things were and DONT FORGET THAT. I cannot let myself think "oh I have it beat" or "oh I can use occasionally now" My addiction is in remission and waiting for me to take that first one and I am not gonna fuckin let it fool me!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congrats on 2 months buddy. Tomorrow makes EXACTLY 2 months since i gave up the bottle. Its easy for me to know how many days i have been sober, i look at your signature everyday and realize that its the same for me. lol

Hang in there buddy, im rooting for you
        Questions, comments, complaints:
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by jcindaville
          Congrats on 2 months buddy. Tomorrow makes EXACTLY 2 months since i gave up the bottle. Its easy for me to know how many days i have been sober, i look at your signature everyday and realize that its the same for me. lol

Hang in there buddy, im rooting for you
          Really? The exact same...March 28th for you too? Wow...congrats to you to JC that is awesome my friend!!!

Do you go to AA meetings?

I go to NA meetings.....usually at least 3 a week....they are really great and make you feel a lot better knowing that you are not alone...

I am going to one tomorrow night to get my 60 day key tag...they have a system of key tags based on how long you have been clean and they go through the months...I can't wait to stand up and get it tomorrow while everyone claps and gives me a round of applause...it makes me feel like, "if they can do it so can I"!!!

Thats great jc...hang in there buddy....this life os so much better...I now have real friends in NA and a great relationship with my family (which was going out the window)...they are no longer disappointed in me and can actually say they are proud of me now!!! I feel great when I wake up every morning and I dont need to lie anymore as I have nothing to hide....everyday gets easier my firend!!!

Comment

chado
            thats great news !!

bol brother.....wtg

always the keep the faith

Comment

Chad- I have different reason for quiting drinking per se. I recently was diagnosed with ahhh diabetes. I realize my ways now have to be more conservative and the old ways mended if I am to have a quality life. I have helped many patients but I am the worse at times to do what is the correct thing. However, this has my attention and although it makes a connection with an addiction- it could destroy my eyesight along with crippling me if I do not support the medications and dietary restrictions! May God Bless you folks who have to battle and may those that have no battle feel Blessed.
              "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Chad very proud of you my friend.Its amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it.I kinda had a cocky attitude towards quitting as if i cant lose.Set your goals as a month to month basis.If you look at it long term its alot harder.You will still get the cravings every day but the longer you stay off of it the cravings will be easier.I have been off coke for 5 yrs and still almost crave it daily.The first 2 weeks i would think about it and when i started would think about it for hours in the day.Now its crosses my mind and then its out in seconds.Take it like you do with sports and gambling in the mindset I WILL NOT LOSE THIS LIFE.CONGRATS AGAIN YOU HAVE A GREAT SUPPORT SYSTEM HERE.GL IN THE FUTURE MY FRIEND
                MLB 2012***100-98 +$215 OR +2.15 UNITS
                HUGE PLAYS 2-1

NFL 2011-2012** 6-10
                0-0TOP PLAYS

NCAA FBL 2011-2012**** 26-23

4-1 TOP PLAYS

GOY 33-12 ALL SPORTS

AS of 6/3/12

Comment

chado... life is precious... you only get to live once, but if you work it right, once should be enough, stay strong and keep postin the winners.. lets make this money during our stay here on this Earth!
                  Winners don't wait for chances, they take them

Comment

Chado..

I have held back from commentary while observing from the wings. Not just because I don't know ya, but because haven't had anything to add, and who am I to say?

Your struggle is not unique, but your attitude is perfect, and since you realize every day is a new day, you can do this. It is good to hear that you feel love and help from here, from peeps you don't officially "know", and whatever works is good enough.

I am impressed that you can do this hobby w/o grief, and hope for the continued best.

Only advice I can give is that whenever you feel weak or " cured", just think of where you've been, and be strong.

Keep it going, and keep the hope alive.

Proud of ya!
                    You can't always get what you want, but if you try some time, you might find, you get what you need.

Comment

All great points above! Stay strong Chado!

Comment

Congrats Chado .... We here are family, and will support anyone who needs it. But remember, it was YOU who made the choice to quit. And it was YOU who stayed sober for 2 month.

Keep up the great work.
                        "Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
                        is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'"

Comment

Chado's MLB Sunday Winners!!!

Thanks guys....I appreciate your kind words!!!

Went 2-3 on the diamond on Friday and I like these selections for today:

901/902 Philadelphia Phillies/Atlanta Braves UNDER 9.0 (C. Hamels/K. Davies) (-116)

906 Cincinnati Reds (K. Saarloos) (-122) ML

910/912 San Francisco Giants/San Diego Padres (N. Lowry/J. Peavy) (+163) ML Parlay

915 Houston Astros (R. Oswalt) (-128) (2 units) ML

923 Seattle Mariners (J. Washburn) (-129) ML

*All listed pitchers must start
                          *All games for single unit, unless specified otherwise

AS ALWAYS, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!
                          Last edited by Chado1; 05-27-2007, 10:41 AM.

Comment

WTG Buddy! No bet in the world can be bigger than what you are winning right now with your life! Keep up the good work buddy!

Comment

I appreciate you saying thanks to us for helping to keep you sober.....you used the irght word here......HELPING.....

only you can make that decision, and you apparently have, course it is nice to have support in anything you endeavor, especially one as tough as this.......

Plenty of good words and advice above.....I don't want to rain on your parade, but 60 days is just a start, a damn good one, the rough times are ahead of you......

No such thing as a temporary fix to your dilemna.....It has to be permanent.......You have the intellect and attitude to make it permanent.....60, 600, 6000, 60,000, 600,000, 6,000,000, 60,000,00 days is your goal....

Extremely proud of you, as I'm sure many others here are also....It's a lifetime commitment, enabling you to have a good and fruitful lifetime......Keep er going....My $ is on you.......Great Job thus far my man----like I always say----keep er going....Best to ya young man....kapt

Don't make me go Cajun on your Ass!

Comment

Working...
                              X