Yankees-A Terrible Investment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees-A Terrible Investment

For those of you who don't know, the Yankees are a terrible investment at the present time no matter what the logic to support them;they currently rank last in units won and lost with a -17.7 units lost if you had bet them for 1 unit every game;there is no one even close.
    The above units lost in horrendous considering they are only a few games under 500.
    What above tells me is that lines on Yankees are based on past reputation and NOT on this year's.
    I think until/if Yanks show some consistency you as I am should be focusing your efforts on going AGAINST them rather than on them;of course, this can change, but for now the trend is your friend.

Today is a classic example-Yanks are -170.
    Considering the pitching matchup, records in standings(Angels are 9 games over 500 and Yanks 4 games under), the Angel's dominance over the last few years over the Yanks, etc., the right line on the game should be about -130 at most.
    Sure Yanks can win, but line has no semblance to reality.
    Absurd lines like today's are precisely why Yankees are -17.7 units if you had bet them every game.
    Last edited by savage1; 05-26-2007, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Savage- I have been fading them for several weeks. My big play was on the Angels last night. The question is when will the Yanks break out and dance again.
      The lines are exagerated and that means good value on the other side!
      I guess I am in wonder why it has taken some this long to see it and they still play on the Yanks!
      "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

Spearit-you, I and a few others apparently are the only ones who see reality for what it is for now(now is the key word, as things could change).

Comment

i like the angles also might be a good play today
          jt4545

Fat Tuesday's - Home

Comment

Savage.........still monitoring those 9 1/2 over unders...3 more today....I will keep my eyes on them...good luck my man

Comment

Originally posted by #55nj
              Savage.........still monitoring those 9 1/2 over unders...3 more today....I will keep my eyes on them...good luck my man
              Let me know the results of our "Achilles Heel" Over 9 1/2's.

Comment

Angels are the only team with a winning % over 500 against the Yanks in the Joe Torre ERA
                Good Luck to everyone
                Adam

Richie: [after Gus hits a homerun] Wow and he did it without steroids.
                Clark: What's steroids?
                Richie: Something that makes your pee-pee smaller.
                Clark: There must be steroids in macaroni!

Comment

Originally posted by meaiken
                  Angels are the only team with a winning % over 500 against the Yanks in the Joe Torre ERA
                  And yet people don't think it any big deal to lay -170(today) with them.

Comment

Originally posted by #55nj
                    What is the trend? If its 9 1/2 play the under?

Comment

yanks are a joke
                      Winners don't wait for chances, they take them

Comment

Yanks lose again.
                        Some folks actually think Yanks are a great bet when line is inflated because it indicates that "someone knows something."
                        Yeah I know-Yanks are a great bet tomorrow because Angels can't possibly sweep them in New York(same folks who thought Golden State couldn't couldn't cover against Dallas in the playoffs because lines were so high, meaning "someone must know something.").

Comment

Savage- don't forget that this is the team that gives the Yanks fits. I can see you bringing this thread up each time they lose now. The statement is that the Yanks are and will forever be the pinnacle of baseball. That bettors that are pinnacled will allow us little guys a nice edge to win some money.
                          "The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.

Comment

The 3 9 1/2 o/u games for today are ATL/Phil. with the juice being -120 on the over...........Wash/STL with juice being -110 on both and Tor/Minn with -110 juice on both........TMAC..Savage and I were discussing how 9s , 10s and 11s all seem to go over but the ole 9 1/2 rarely goes over and we are both on the wrong side of that 9 1/2 every time...thats why I'm monitoring the 9 1/2 whenever possible....my job makes it difficult to be on the computer every night so its a part time monitor

Comment

Working...
                            X