KB.....Nextel Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KB.....Nextel Open

Since this isn't a Nascar Survivor race, maybe you could post your thoughts on this race a little earlier. In looking at the participants it seem McMurray and S Marlin should provide some value for the win or top 3 finish based upon their history on this track and the way they are currently running. Maybe Truex too.

Your thoughts?
    2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Carl Edwards

Comment

Why?
      2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

He's been good at the 1.5 mile cookie cutter tracks, with 3 of his 4 career victories coming at these tracks. His biggest competition will come from Clint Bowyer, his teammate McMurray, the Evernham cars of Riggs and Sadler, and possibly from Montoya. Edwards is clearly the class of the field with these drivers.

Comment

Well thank you. No chance for S Marlin?
          2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71
            Well thank you. No chance for S Marlin?
            I really don't think so. They are running the older style of car and his finishes with those cars not including the restrictor plate tracks of Daytona or Talladega are:

California (2 mile track) 35th
            Las Vegas (1.5 mile track) 34th
            Atlanta (1.5 mile track) 24th
            Texas (1.5 mile track) 34th

If you are really wanting to take a Bobby Ginn car, his teammate Joe Nemechek would be a better option imo.

Comment

Ok, so current car configuration for the Older style car for this year have been poor for Marlin. So this outweighs the performance of Marlin at Loews over the last few year.

Based upon who you like, you feel rousch or RCR older style car set-up are stronger then the other teams this weekend and thus the reason for Edwards and Bowyer being low odds. On top of that Edwards performance on the 1.5 mile supers.

So McMurray should be another consideration. What about Stremme?
              2012 - 2013 NCAAF

21 - 20 - 0

2012 - 2013 NFL

14 - 10 - 1

Comment

Originally posted by BillMill71
                Ok, so current car configuration for the Older style car for this year have been poor for Marlin. So this outweighs the performance of Marlin at Loews over the last few year.

Based upon who you like, you feel rousch or RCR older style car set-up are stronger then the other teams this weekend and thus the reason for Edwards and Bowyer being low odds. On top of that Edwards performance on the 1.5 mile supers.

So McMurray should be another consideration. What about Stremme?
                Stremme I'm not sure about. If I were betting (don't think my guy will give me odds on the Nextel Open) I would bet Edwards and Bowyer and not give anyone else much thought. Possibly McMurray as a longshot depending on his odds.

Comment

With no survivor
                  Questions, comments, complaints:
                  [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                  X