X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stoudamire, Diaw Both OUT Tomorrow night for Suns

Wow. This is a huge blow for Phoenix

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

kinda figured that my horse-racing buddy when the line went from 3- to 2 !! ps-bye the way-nice capping saturday on the ponies !! 2nd ps-lots of offshores have it off the board now !!
    Last edited by WayneChung; 05-15-2007, 07:33 PM.
    DON'T YOU EAT THE YELLOW SNOW !! PS-MARVIN LOVES SPLIT SALAD !!

Comment

But they dont suspend Baron Davis for his Elbow to Fisher...

THE NBA is so bias when it comes to things like this..They dont want to hurt the Warriors but they are willing to hurt PHX.
      THINK BLUE

Comment

I think it would have been more fair if Horry got suspended for the remainder of the entire playoffs.
        Artest got suspended for an ENTIRE season for going up in the stands.
        Nash could have been crippled for life by this hit;where is the justice here?
        Last edited by savage1; 05-15-2007, 07:39 PM.

Comment

There is no justice in the NBA
          THINK BLUE

Comment

I think that was bullshit.. Amare and Diaw did what any other team mate would have done.. It wasnt like they went over there to start some shit they went to check on their teammate.. Horry is what he has always been is a whiny ass little prick..He should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs and nothing should have been done to Stoudamire and Diaw,,

Comment

Thet have followed tis rule to the ;ETTER in the past as the playoffs aare heated anyway. It sucks for PHOENIX, but it is the rule and the entire league is reminded of it when the league is firm with its ruling. This was the rule and they cant change it for any game. NBA got it right this time. They dont ever want to revisit that bullshot that happen between PISTONS and PACERS

Comment

Dont know if anyone knows this or not but here is a little something that my buddy from Phoenix sent to me..

Here is something I hadn't heard about. Anyone else?

The Suns fought back again this morning.

Phoenix is alerting league officials about a play in which Spurs players Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen left the bench during the second quarter of Monday's Game 4. This comes as speculation swells in the media and concern grows in Suns quarters that Amaré Stoudemire and Boris Diaw could be suspended for Wednesday's Game 5 because they left the bench when Spurs forward Robert Horry slammed Suns star Steve Nash to the ground in Game 4's final seconds.

San Antonio center Francisco Elson dunked less than three minutes into the third quarter and hung on the rim and Suns swingman James Jones unknowingly walked under him, causing Elson to crash to the floor. On the play, Duncan popped off the bench and moved inside the three-point line. Bowen follows him to his side before pulling on his arm back to the bench.

It is a subtle violation, but the Suns are arguing that those players would be just as susceptible to the letter of the league law as Stoudemire and Diaw were in leaving the bench after Horry's flagrant foul with 18 seconds to go. With Nash knocked into the scorer's table, Diaw quickly darted off the bench first before Stoudemire also came as he removed a towel from his shoulder and moved past the coaches until assistant coach Marc Iavaroni pulled him back.

The NBA's Rule No. 12, Section VII, item c states, "During an altercation, all players not participating in the game must remain in the immediate vicinity of their bench. Violators will be suspended, without pay, for a minimum of one game and fined up to $35,000. The suspensions will commence prior to the start of their next game."

"The whole guys-on-the-court thing, there wasn’t a fight," Nash said. "It wasn’t like guys left the bench to enter the fight. So I don’t see what, in the big picture, the deal is."

When Suns guard Raja Bell was suspended for clotheslining Lakers star Kobe Bryant in last year's playoffs, the Suns learned of the one-game reprimand the day after the incident.

Comment

Let me get this straight...Robert Horry hits Steve Nash like a linebacker hitting a running back over the middle and gets suspended for two games. Stoudamire and Diaw walk on to the court to assumingly see if their star point guard is alright and get suspended one game. That is just ridiculous.

Comment

Why would the league suspend Duncan hes their poster child
                    THINK BLUE

Comment

Working...
                    X